The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Started by theis, Oct 27, 2010, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black coffee

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Sep 01, 2012, 06:42 PM
Nope Dark Knight was better for me.
This one was just an ok film.

absolutely agreed.

Its like something is missing and I feel like a lot has to do with Bane.
Unlike Joker or Scarecrow he is obviously the "brutal" villain. Joker, the crazy master of wordplay with his disgusting smacking, Scarecrow, the genius and psychopath offer more depth than "i destroy everything" Bane. He is not funny, he is not smart, he is just fucked up.

On the other hand Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the cliché "good cop" did a great job. Anyone know if the end of the movie is an indication that there might be a movie about Robin in the future?

from_musings

maybe. or,he was robin during the whole movie (nolan's version of of him that is) and that he now becomes the new batman in the end (Bruce fixed the batsignal and led blake to the cave, the cave with all the cool batman gear in it).

bane stupid,well depends on how you look at it. if talia did plan absolutely everything, and bane is just a puppet on a string, well then i see your point. but if talia's job was to gain access to the reactor/bomb and bane's job was to think out how to take over the city and also do it, then that taking over gotham plan was pretty smart by him. maybe emotionally driven by talia but i choose to see them more as a team.

i won't say rises is a better movie than the dark knight per se, but i still like rises a whole lot more.. mainly bc i just don't get scared of the joker. no matter how much evil shit he does. heath did an excellent job no doubt - still, i don't love that character.regardless if it's well acted. bane was uber cool and still scary. i also think rises was much more emotional and i really felt for bruce this time.hell,i loved all the characters in rises, and i totally got sucked in in the epic feel they were going for. definately will see it again before they stop showing it at theaters

rock_n_frost

Quote from: black coffee on Sep 06, 2012, 11:39 AM

absolutely agreed.

Unlike Joker or Scarecrow he is obviously the "brutal" villain. Joker, the crazy master of wordplay with his disgusting smacking, Scarecrow, the genius and psychopath offer more depth than "i destroy everything" Bane. He is not funny, he is not smart, he is just fucked up.

On the other hand Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the cliché "good cop" did a great job. Anyone know if the end of the movie is an indication that there might be a movie about Robin in the future?

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is my new Brad Pitt.
I love every movie that he played so far..
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

from_musings

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Sep 06, 2012, 12:52 PM

so now you love dark knight rises all of a sudden? or do you mean movies where he's the main character

from_musings

one thing though,the scene that bothered me the most, is the one when gotham's police fights bane's men in a big fist fight. well not the fight itself, that i liked, but just before... when we got the police on one side and the bad guys at another. they way the police stormed while bane's men kept shooting with automatics at them... yes 3-4 men went down but if they had kept shooting they could've taken out way,waaay more officers,they just stopped. maybe out of bullets. that part they should've shot a couple of more times i think, maybe have officers storming from the side or something. i see the film as a comic book film and i use suspention of disbelief a lot but here i was like wtf nolan

bright lights, big city

more depth than "i destroy everything" Bane. He is not funny, he is not smart, he is just fucked up.

These are exact reasons why I loved Bane and the movie. He took everything Scarecrow and Joker wanted to do and threatened to do and acted on it, successfully. That's awesome. And scary and evil. I'm with from musings, I think my favorite Batman movie is Rises. Just about a perfect ending for the trilogy too.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

It's an amazing film but I'd probably rank it as my least favorite of the 3 (even though I absolutely love it). Begins is my favorite by far though. Just so satisfying as a comic fan. Can't wait for the blueray release of this.

jbmp1390

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Sep 06, 2012, 12:52 PM

absolutely agreed.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is my new Brad Pitt.

I really like his work. I think he's one of the most talented young actors around. And I still love him from 3rd Rock too lol

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

Gee

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 06, 2012, 04:06 PM
It's an amazing film but I'd probably rank it as my least favorite of the 3 (even though I absolutely love it). Begins is my favorite by far though. Just so satisfying as a comic fan. Can't wait for the blueray release of this.

Wow I think you're the first one saying he prefers BB to the others. Usually people go crazy about TDK. I get the "comics" quality youre refering to though. It is also to me the one displaying that feel the most, whereas the 2 last ones are more of epic thrillers with super-hero action here and there.

Storywise, I think BB was great, and It might just be the one with the more ideological depth and moral dilemmas. I loved the whole "justice" theme and Batman's questioning about killing, the purpose of his quest, etc.

But apart from these themes, and the excitement of seeing Bruce Wayne becoming Batman, I think the action sequences pretty much sucked -apart from the batmobile chase scene maybe. Nolan really screwed up the editing during the fighting sequences. Overall the whole "giant large shots" style of Nolan's filming also wasnt quite there yet. Oh and yeah, Katie Holmes, worst casting idea, ever -along with basically any recent Mark Wahlberg movie, but that's a diferent story ::)

TDKR is my personal favorite, although it lacks that ideological depth that I mentioned. But apart from that, everything, the action -man, those fight sequences- the acting, the straight-forward rythm, seeing more of Wayne's character -kind of left out in the second one- Catwoman, and the Robin twist, was bril-liant.

"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

black coffee

Now the movie is still pretty new and we all remember the ridiculous fanboy-ism about Heath Ledger, so I understand why people at the moment prefer The Dark Knight Rises. We've all seen The Dark Knight multiple times and the new one not so often, makes sense.

But mark my words, in the long run TDK, along with BB will be remembered as the better films. Everyone who says now how weak Joker was played in the last movie would've sucked his dick 4 years ago.

from_musings

Quote from: black coffee on Sep 08, 2012, 02:08 PM
in the long run TDK, along with BB will be remembered as the better films.

maybe so who knows. having a personal favourite is perhaps inevitable, but when the dust has settled then i'm personally gonna try to not think of them as competitors, just enjoy them all and see it as an amazing triology. hopefully they will release a cool triology box sometime in the future.
my gf asked if i wanted anything special for my upcoming birthday - i always say nothing/don't bother.. but this year i said bane action figure.

dictatesofreason

sing blue silver

TDKR blew avengers out of the water for me but it's a matter of preference. If you like mindless cinema popcorn flicks and bright flashing colors you'll prefer avengers. If you like character development, drama, darker tones and filmmaking that doesn't insult your intelligence and challenges the viewer, you'll prefer the batman series. I loved both movies. I went to avengers to laugh and have fun, I went to TDKR to be blown away. True it has some flaws an was the weakest of the series for me, but it still won. I am excited for avengers 2 though.

bright lights, big city

As a BIG fan of the old animated series, this was boner inducing:

Batman: The Animated Series Rises (Promo) - The Hub
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

from_musings

not that many ppl still care about this movie, but here's a pic from a deleted scene of foley's death, how it was originally intended to be. hit by a tumbler, not shot. don't know why they changed it. maybe they added a lot of gore so it wouldn't be PG13 anymore  ???

theis

That's cool.

Can't wait to pick this up when it gets released next month.

bright lights, big city

Is the bluray/dvd release gonna have deleted scenes? Cuz I think Nolan is like Ridley Scott in that we'll never see a director's cut.
DERP

from_musings

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 11, 2012, 02:38 PM
Is the bluray/dvd release gonna have deleted scenes?

yeah i doubt it too :/