Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Started by theis, Oct 27, 2010, 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

976-EVIL

My guess for villian would be the Penguin, Bookworm or King Tut........ ;)
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

ToneDef

Quote from: theis on Nov 08, 2010, 08:34 PM
Quote from: wither-I on Nov 08, 2010, 07:09 PM
that voice.

I have no problem with the Batman voice since it serves a purpose, but seriously, it ruined the whole movie for you? That's fucking retarded.

Also, Christian Bale is a brilliant actor; American Psycho, The Machinist, Rescue Dawn, The Prestige, 3:10 to Yuma, etc. And his upcoming role in The Fighter looks Oscar worthy.

You know what? Bale is good.... But he's overrated IMO. He doesn't have that something that, say, DiCaprio or Tom Hardy have. He's good, don't get me wrong man. But not that good.

sing blue silver

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Nov 08, 2010, 09:40 PM
My guess for villian would be the Penguin, Bookworm or King Tut........ ;)

all those guesses will be way off...

that voice.

I have no problem with the Batman voice since it serves a purpose, but seriously, it ruined the whole movie for you? That's fucking retarded.

Also, Christian Bale is a brilliant actor; American Psycho, The Machinist, Rescue Dawn, The Prestige, 3:10 to Yuma, etc. And his upcoming role in The Fighter looks Oscar worthy.

this. christian bale is one of my all-time favorite actors (if not my favorite) and batman DOES put on a voice, even in the comics it's noted many, many times as a clint eastwood type voice. people bitched and moaned about it and it irritated the fuck out of me because i thought it was as true to the comics as any actor has come yet and it's just one little thing in a movie where almost everything else is perfect. sure, one or two parts sounded a little silly and i do mock it sometimes for laughs but it really doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the film whatsoever.

theis

Exactly. It would make no sense if he used his regular voice when he's Batman. People would know he was Bruce Wayne.

lithium

I'm going to have to watch tdk tonight now.

Anyone read any batman books?
💩

Corleone

lol @ complaining about the voice, my buddy did the same thing and never finished the movie, what a tard.

theis

Quote from: lithium on Nov 09, 2010, 12:38 AM

You mean the graphic novels? I've read The Killing Joke, The Long Halloween, The Dark Knight Returns and Year One.

All are recommendable. Especially The Dark Knight Returns and Year One.

wither-I

Quote from: ToneDef on Nov 08, 2010, 09:46 PM
that voice.

You know what? Bale is good.... But he's overrated IMO. He doesn't have that something that, say, DiCaprio or Tom Hardy have. He's good, don't get me wrong man. But not that good.

brilliant actor? come on man lets not do that..

yeah here and there some good parts, but ultimately he is just paid muscle and face..

an yes that goddamn voice is obnoxious. i understand that he's "supposed" to conceal his voice but come on, he sounds stupid, everytime he hits the screen its just one big fart after the other.

*you take a beautiful movie with great acting, script, cinematography, and sountrack, and then you have it smeared with farts. and yes, those sporadic farts coming fom that neanderthal's mouth ruin the beautiful film that sits underneath, and is irrevocably stained with it's muss!

fin.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

Quote from: wither-I on Nov 09, 2010, 01:31 AM
*you take a beautiful movie with great acting, script, cinematography, and sountrack, and then you have it smeared with farts. and yes, those sporadic farts coming fom that neanderthal's mouth ruin the beautiful film that sits underneath, and is irrevocably stained with it's muss!

fin.
i disagree with you completely, but this is one of the funniest posts i've seen in quite some time. bravo, sir.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lithium

Quote from: theis on Nov 09, 2010, 01:16 AM
Quote from: lithium on Nov 09, 2010, 12:38 AM

You mean the graphic novels? I've read The Killing Joke, The Long Halloween, The Dark Knight Returns and Year One.

All are recommendable. Especially The Dark Knight Returns and Year One.
I'll have to check those out. You ever read Kevin smith's cacophony or the widening gyre?
💩

Sushi-X

You should also check out The Long Halloween and it's sequel Dark Victory. They build up on the events of Year One. And Long Halloween was a hug influence on The Dark Knight film

Rocket Skates '94

alvarezbassist17

I'm gonna have to agree that his Batman voice is ripe for parody.  Did they do something to it digitally?  Because it sounds like he's trying to do it himself, and does have fart-esque qualities at times. So if they didn't, they should have gone that route and avoided the whole problem.  It's really more distracting than anything else, kinda takes you out of the moment and now makes me think of the Coon.

Quote from: blixa on Nov 08, 2010, 11:55 AM
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Nov 07, 2010, 03:13 AM
Quote from: chick de la lynch on Oct 29, 2010, 06:21 AM
The title is always an important factor, about as important as the actual film itself.

??

most of the time the title is indicative of what you will get. i think with a franchise like batman you will need something really clever, especially with nolan's work. i'm speaking for myself here but he completely reinvented the way i see batman.

I mean I guess I see what you're saying, but I don't really feel like the last two titles were a reinvention of batman titles.

batman, batman returns, batman forever, batman and robin, batman begins, the dark knight.  I don't really see a whole lot of difference.

Could the dark knight rises be some kind of clever play-on-words plot-hint that we don't know yet perhaps?

All that aside, I personally don't just decide on seeing a movie because of the title, especially if it's something anticipated like this.

wither-I

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 09, 2010, 01:55 AM
Quote from: wither-I on Nov 09, 2010, 01:31 AM

fin.
i disagree with you completely, but this is one of the funniest posts i've seen in quite some time. bravo, sir.

why thank you kindly,

thats why i put the asterisk by it :)

"coming into the nearness of distance"

chick de la lynch

I'm a film geek, so every little part of the film, including the title, is important to me because it builds up to the actual movie.

If this were any other hack director, then I wouldn't give a damn about the title. However, as Mariam said, it's Nolan and I expect a lot more from him. The title sums up the film in a few words,  or is a response to prominent and important re-occurring themes. It's also indicative if whether or not your audience is going to be willing to see the film. There have been plenty of great films that have been ruined due to a shitty title. Obviously this film isn't going to tank because of its astounding reputation, but that shouldn't stop Nolan from attempting to come up with a good title--he's a lot better than that, which is why I'm reacting so harshly to the title. Who knows? Maybe it is Nolan being clever and it'll hit everyone over the head once we see the final product. I am really hoping it's the latter.

blixa

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Nov 09, 2010, 06:59 AM
I'm gonna have to agree that his Batman voice is ripe for parody.  Did they do something to it digitally?  Because it sounds like he's trying to do it himself, and does have fart-esque qualities at times. So if they didn't, they should have gone that route and avoided the whole problem.  It's really more distracting than anything else, kinda takes you out of the moment and now makes me think of the Coon.

Quote from: blixa on Nov 08, 2010, 11:55 AM
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Nov 07, 2010, 03:13 AM
Quote from: chick de la lynch on Oct 29, 2010, 06:21 AM
The title is always an important factor, about as important as the actual film itself.

??

most of the time the title is indicative of what you will get. i think with a franchise like batman you will need something really clever, especially with nolan's work. i'm speaking for myself here but he completely reinvented the way i see batman.

I mean I guess I see what you're saying, but I don't really feel like the last two titles were a reinvention of batman titles.

batman, batman returns, batman forever, batman and robin, batman begins, the dark knight.  I don't really see a whole lot of difference.

Could the dark knight rises be some kind of clever play-on-words plot-hint that we don't know yet perhaps?

All that aside, I personally don't just decide on seeing a movie because of the title, especially if it's something anticipated like this.

to be honest with you, the only reason i watched the dark knight is because the title sounded awesome. and also for heath, but the title lent so much to the mood of the movie. if it was just called batman: the dark knight then i would have pissed on it and not gone to see it. i only come with this attitude if it's a movie that has been done to death i.e. franchises. what can nolan give me that i haven't been given before? with the dark knight, it delivered right down to its title.

sometimes shitty titled movies end up being really good, but like i said, when it is a franchise i expect to see a complete unique approach to it. the dark knight was such a good title. i understand wanting to use it again and you are probably right,  it might be a clever play on words, but at this point - it's doing nothing for me.

alvarezbassist17

I guess the source of my confusion is that the Dark Knight is sort of a nickname from the comics, like calling Superman the Man of Steel or whatever, so I didn't really see why it was so profound or whatnot.  Know what I mean at all or am I still off base?

(I'm not a very big film geek, economics is my hobby atm haha)

blixa

i understand what you mean. you don't have to be a film geek to voice your opinions about movies. it's usually the people that don't know much about films that have the most profound thing to say about them. i've never read the batman comics, or any comics for the matter, but in the pool of batman films calling a movie about batman the dark knight seemed refreshing to me. now that i'm looking at it again and again, the dark knight rises is not that bad.

alvarezbassist17

For shizzle, yo; what I was thinking was seeing the title TDK with never hearing Batman called that before would be a lot more deep-sounding and I was trying to see if that was your approach without accusing you of comic book ignorance... heaven forbid, haha.

blixa

i am ignorant of comic books. i read real books. they're called novels hahaha.

i used to read x-men comics when i was younger. that was a very long time ago though.

alvarezbassist17

Laaaaaame.  Read Mises, instead. *thumbs up*