Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Started by theis, Oct 27, 2010, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

i just googled that and it seems like it's an economic blog of some sort. i'll stick to tolstoy and kazantzakis.

bright lights, big city

do we have a fan of the Death of Ivan Ilyich in here?!?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i wanted to get buried with ivan ilyich!

i found this book in the secondhand section in my fave bookstore. it's an incredible collection on writings about religion from nietzsche to cohen to freud to enslin. the way kaufmann talks and explains how freaking awesome tolstoy is in his introduction to the book quite gets to me because i have been wanting to explain how great tolstoy is to a lot of people and how anna karenina changed and moved me to insomnia and tears.

bright lights, big city

may have to check that out, i had to read Ilyich for a college philosophy class, and really thought it was great. the only other novel of his i've read, though, is War and Peace.  considering he's got dozens of works, i should probably get to reading more of tolstoy.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sushi-X

I don't have a link but today Warner Broa confirrmed Tom Hardy as Bane and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman/Selina Kyle.

It's all over Twitter btw

Rocket Skates '94

Sushi-X

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

so are there 3 villains now?
DERP

ben

I hope not.  Bane and Catwoman are enough.  The Hugo Strange thing was completely made up.

bright lights, big city

The more villains I hear about, the more I think about the Spiderman 3 debacle.
DERP

one weak

anne hathaway?? are you fucking kidding me?

what a super-bummer. i may not see it just because of that. well, probably, but i won't be happy about it.

ben

To be fair, when Ledger was announced, everyone flipped shit.  So I'd say...have faith in Nolan's vision.

....even though he has a weird fetish for dark haired girls with mouse-like faces:

Katie Holmes
Ellen Paige
Anne Hathaway

one weak

she's just a hack in my opinion.

noomi repace would've made an AWESOME catwoman, supposing she can speak english.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: ben on Jan 20, 2011, 12:17 AM
To be fair, when Ledger was announced, everyone flipped shit.  So I'd say...have faith in Nolan's vision.

....even though he has a weird fetish for dark haired girls with mouse-like faces:

Katie Holmes
Ellen Paige
Anne Hathaway
but where does the turtle-faced Maggie Gyllenhaal fit in?
DERP

theis

I think Hathaway is a fine choice. Check out her performance in Rachel Getting Married. She can definitely act.

one weak

i guess she'll pull in the chick-flick crowd.

bright lights, big city

and guys like me. have you seen her tits?
DERP

one weak

i can't get any farther south than that hideous grill. haha.

Sushi-X

^^ hahahahah

What do you guys think of Bane being announced? Where do you think he fits in the context of the overall story? Especially when you consider that Nolan said he wanted to keep the atmosphere of the movies in a bit of realism.

Rocket Skates '94

theis

Bane can be made realistic. Just lose the whole "Venom" thing.

I love how some are completely dismissing this movie without having seen a single frame from it. Remember when Heath was announced as the Joker? No one believed he could pull it off.

Have faith in Nolan ;)

I highly doubt he's gonna fuck up his own trilogy with some half-assed final flick. It's gonna be epic.

Quote from: one weak on Jan 20, 2011, 04:22 AM
i can't get any farther south than that hideous grill. haha.

Whaaat? I think she's beautiful.

bright lights, big city

doesn't Bane severely injure Batman, and make his identity public?
DERP