Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

the loved ones.

Started by blixa, Nov 04, 2010, 01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

the loved ones.

looks fucking disgusting as hell. my friend watched a pirated version last night and she's still not able to talk. it's generating good reviews here. kind of like carrie but fucking demented.

i can't wait.

your sister gets me hard

blixa

keep away from those aussie girls, aye.

sing blue silver

looks retarded. i'll probably give it a watch.

bright lights, big city

looks pretty damn entertaining!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

one weak

texas chainsaw massacre already did this.

it does look intriguing though.

blixa

i went to a talk done by sean byrne (he made this film) and he was saying how he was really influenced by carrie. he cited carrie, evil dead 2, misery and texas chain saw as influences. i love that there's a john hughes vibe to this too. i am a massive hughes fan. love his films to death.

but saying that, there's a lot of this type of stuff inherent in our culture albeit not this disgusting, or fuck, maybe even more disgusting and we don't really know about it. it was australian writers that first brought you saw. australia just got replaced with america because no one really imagines australia to be this fucked up. the psycho ratio is higher in your head when you think america.

interesting tidbit:
"I'm a huge Sam Raimi fan; particularly Evil Dead 2, which is such a wildly inventive use of a single location – and just the deliciously twisted, fun tone that film has. Structurally, Misery was a template for me in terms of screenwriting; it's another claustrophobic horror, where you've got a girl who is torturing a guy – but also the way that Misery cuts out to the Sheriff and his wife, for moments of light relief."

sing blue silver

Quote from: blixa on Nov 04, 2010, 09:25 AM
i went to a talk done by sean byrne (he made this film) and he was saying how he was really influenced by carrie. he cited carrie, evil dead 2, misery and texas chain saw as influences. i love that there's a john hughes vibe to this too. i am a massive hughes fan. love his films to death.

but saying that, there's a lot of this type of stuff inherent in our culture albeit not this disgusting, or fuck, maybe even more disgusting and we don't really know about it. it was australian writers that first brought you saw. australia just got replaced with america because no one really imagines australia to be this fucked up. the psycho ratio is higher in your head when you think america.

interesting tidbit:
"I'm a huge Sam Raimi fan; particularly Evil Dead 2, which is such a wildly inventive use of a single location – and just the deliciously twisted, fun tone that film has. Structurally, Misery was a template for me in terms of screenwriting; it's another claustrophobic horror, where you've got a girl who is torturing a guy – but also the way that Misery cuts out to the Sheriff and his wife, for moments of light relief."

check out "not quite hollywood". it's a really good documentary about australian horror, exploitation and b-movies. it's a really interesting watch because you can see just how much their no holds barred kind of approach has really influenced north american horror and b-movies. they certainly have a lot more balls, and are a bit more open minded than american cinema though.

theis

one weak

interesting tidbit:

Yep, I saw Misery in that trailer too.

blixa

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 04, 2010, 12:37 PM

interesting tidbit:

check out "not quite hollywood". it's a really good documentary about australian horror, exploitation and b-movies. it's a really interesting watch because you can see just how much their no holds barred kind of approach has really influenced north american horror and b-movies. they certainly have a lot more balls, and are a bit more open minded than american cinema though.

i've seen it. i agree with you. i did an australian cinema class for a semester and it helped so much because i got exposed to films that are not readily available even in australia. the truth of the matter is that american films dominate australian markets. it's the reason that films like saw and daybreakers are adapted into american settings as opposed to australian ones (where the idea and the whole concept originates). people, and australians themselves, would believe it more if the films were american and they would be more successful. i think over the last 5-10 years we've had some exceptional films come through. i'm a bit of an oldie. i know that america is not going to give me a film like wake in fright or picnic at hanging rock. i'm glad a film like wolf creek did so well because that is an inherent australian theme. the truth of the matter is that a lot of backpackers do get murdered here.

i haven't seen this yet, but i'm guessing it employs some american style theme because from the trailer those kids aren't wearing a school uniform, which is compulsory in australia.

blixa

Quote from: one weak on Nov 05, 2010, 12:20 AM

interesting tidbit:

Yep, I saw Misery in that trailer too.

i'm glad that the gender, and age as well, has been turned around from what it usually is: an old guy who lives in the bush and wears an akubra i.e. wolf creek, jindabyne etc.

theis

Just saw it. Very good. Some scenes were VERY "what the fuck!?".