Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Social corruption

Started by shine down unshy, Nov 18, 2010, 06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shine down unshy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20101117/sc_yblog_thelookout/if-the-science-guy-passes-out-and-nobody-tweets-it-did-it-happen

Seriously?  No love for The Science Guy?  I would have been the first person up there trying to help him up.  

This world needs an enema.  It's going to shit.

I'm curious to hear what you intelligent bunch have to say on the matter.

your sister gets me hard

I wouldn't have done anything.  I have no medical knowledge and I would be in the way.  It regards to the tweets, twitter is fucking gay.

Variable

The part about Anthony Barre is just disturbing.  

I have worked in emergency medicine for over 7 years now.  It takes more than someone faining to get me to "rush" to someones aid.  I can see how people might have thought that this was a part of the show.  But its just despicable if people truly thought he was having a medical emergency and decided to tweet it instead of call 911 or find a medical professional near by.  

Good news is that if he was truly having a medical emergency, rushing in to save seconds of time really wouldn't matter much.  But usually with those kinds of things, fainting or seizures really aren't as bad as they look.  They just look scary.

But still, I must say that there seems to be no sense of community or public service embedded in Americans anymore.  I guess everyone just assumes that they don't have to act because "the government will take care of it" which is just sad.  America fucking sucks these days.