Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Feeling Isolated.

Started by BillyNo.9, Dec 05, 2010, 09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

one weak

doesn´t sound like they´re helping. sounds like you´re of a conscious mind that understands basic rights and wrongs. not everyone you hang with is going to be the same way, but finding people who aren´t out to cause trouble all the time might help.

Starz

I live in the middle of no where and what little friends I do have live miles away. I don't drive but am in the process of driving. Just split up with my girlfriend recently and that's hard to get over. University is difficult too as I literally have no friends there. Argh it's difficult for me to make friends, so difficult. I guess I've been feeling isolated a lot lately too...

apart from music my main hobbie is aeroplanes and it's difficult to make friends with people who have the same passion for me about aeroplanes :P

Music side of life I just come on here to chat about it as none of my friends like the same music as I do. Kind of sucks going to gigs on my own. Oh wellz

Variable

Pain is a part of life.  If you feel like your older and more mature than people your own age, good.  Take pride in the fact that you have an intellectual gift.  I have been years older than other people my age since forever.  I just learned how to use that to my advantage and get ahead in life.  Not being stupid like the masses is in no way a bad thing.  Learn to inspire people, and learn to be inspired.  Read, appreciate art, debate, work out, and relax be stupid every now and then too.  these are all good things.  
Ultimately, someone nailed it on the head ( I think it was Darius ) when he said that you have to be 100% happy with yourself before you can be happy in any relationships.  Which is why your teenage years are so sad and lonely.  Its the time that you really figure out who you are.  So just take the time allotted by society to do so, and find yourself.  It's OK if it doesn't happen over night.  Just keep at it.
And quit making emo topics.  That will help too.  

one weak

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Variable on Dec 13, 2010, 07:50 AM
Pain is a part of life.  If you feel like your older and more mature than people your own age, good.  Take pride in the fact that you have an intellectual gift.  I have been years older than other people my age since forever.  I just learned how to use that to my advantage and get ahead in life.  Not being stupid like the masses is in no way a bad thing.  Learn to inspire people, and learn to be inspired.  Read, appreciate art, debate, work out, and relax be stupid every now and then too.  these are all good things.  
Ultimately, someone nailed it on the head ( I think it was Darius ) when he said that you have to be 100% happy with yourself before you can be happy in any relationships.  Which is why your teenage years are so sad and lonely.  Its the time that you really figure out who you are.  So just take the time allotted by society to do so, and find yourself.  It's OK if it doesn't happen over night.  Just keep at it.
And quit making emo topics.  That will help too.  

Lots of agreeitude here.  If you find yourself sitting around a lot, that always leads to circular-depressive thoughts and all that.  So try to use that time to read and exercise your mind and body rather than just feeling depressed and expecting someone to come rescue you, because even if you're so lucky for that to happen, there's a chance that it may not last, and besides that, you do want to be comfortable and confident in your own skin.  My most profound bit of advice I can give is don't let anything be a "crutch" for you (i.e. drugs, another person, etc.)  The hard shit you go through is what develops you as a person, and learning to deal with shit that you hate or that makes you uncomfortable completely on your own (obviously asking for help from others is not a bad thing or the "crutch" I'm referring to, but accomplishing things of your own accord) will make you so much stronger.  It's something that I wish I did more as a teenager as opposed to just moping about it.  And working out.  I know I sound like a fag, but I really can't emphasize it enough.  It does wonders for your flow of endorphins in the immediate term, and your self-image in the long-term.

Also, another thing that I've found helpful is just knowing my philosophies in and out and being able to completely defend them.  So just think about your shit, do research, and know it well enough to express it confidently.  If your friends or other people don't like it or can't deal with it, seriously, fuck 'em.  It's really a balancing act between arrogance and confidence.  There's obviously no reason to act like a dick about it, but you just cannot let people fuck with your shit.  There's more than plenty of other people out there that will respect you and appreciate you for who you are.

Also, read Libertarian literature (www.mises.org) :P

BillyNo.9

Cool... Thanks for the advice.

Everyones entitled to one emo topic, i just got mine out the way early.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Dec 14, 2010, 05:22 AM

Take care of yourself, and each other

Variable

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Dec 14, 2010, 05:22 AM

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Dec 14, 2010, 02:25 AM
read Libertarian literature (www.mises.org) :P
seriously, do it.  DO IT.  Reading this type of literature changed my life forever. 

And we will let you slide on this topic only because we are going to assume you were drunk/stoned when you made it.  However, you must made a really awesome topic to make up for it.  Even if you just make a topic and name it, the really awesome topic, that's good enough for me. 

derekautomatica

The one thing that helped me was keeping a journal. You don't have to write about your day or any of that bullshit. Just write what you're thinking and feeling. Sometimes when I go back and read what I've written years ago I don't understand it at all. Basically you let yours subconscious take over.