Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Damages

Started by chick de la lynch, Dec 06, 2010, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chick de la lynch

I could have sworn there was a thread about this somewhere. I must have been wrong.

I just started watching this series, and it's amazing. I love how this show just stays two steps ahead of itself. It is an astute, intriguing, and very addicting show. One of the things I also love about this show is that there is no clear cut good guy or bad guy in this, which makes these characters interesting to watch, yet very sympathetic at the same time. It's a shame FX dropped it, but I hear DirecTV's channel 101 has picked up the fourth season.

bright lights, big city

wait. what? FX isn't airing the next season? FX usually has a good track record with creating good shows (and not canceling them, unlike FOX).

I really like this show too. The main reason I started watching it was because it's got one of best casts of any show, with several people from The Wire, you've got the badass William Hurt (season 2 with him and Timothy Olyphant was really good). Plus, having some very smart writing doesn't hurt either.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

According to Wikipedia, the ratings were super low (Season 3 finale didn't even bring in a million viewers) despite being critically acclaimed and widely recognized as an awesome show. When FX dropped it, Channel 101 was willing to pick it up. Season 4 premiere is January 5.

All the great shows get the lowest viewer turnout. I don't know why, either. This show is incredibly smart and amazingly good. According to some articles, it's the way the show is formatted that turns people off, but that's one of the main reasons why I love this show so damn much.

bright lights, big city

and yet America keeps jerking off to the CBS procedurals and utter crap that they put on the air. that REALLY pisses me off, seeing as I don't have Directv.

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Dec 06, 2010, 11:15 PM
it's the way the show is formatted that turns people off, but that's one of the main reasons why I love this show so damn much.
agreed, even though it sounds a bit pretentious haha. screw it, I'll admit I am a total snob when it comes to tv shows.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

God if I hear Two and a Half Menis a funny show one more time, I'm going to scream. I saw a scene from The Big Bang Theory that omitted the laugh track, and it wasn't funny because it was just a simple statement. There was absolutely no joke. Oh, the humanity.

I'm not afraid to admit I'm a snob when it comes to my television and films. The way this show is cut is pure genius. Not too many writers can get away with shit like this, and I'm astounded whenever I watch an episode how it flows so perfectly together. I can't imagine how much planning goes into just one episode. If anything, Damages has passionate writers. I'm debating if whether or not I should wait for the third season to come out on Netflix, or just stream it online. I'm dying to find out what happens next!

I also heard from a different source that Damages is just premiering the series on January 5 on the 101 channel, but it's not the season 4 premiere. =/ Sucks that it's being picked up be a limited network.

bright lights, big city

it normally does start the new season around January, but whatever. I read that DirecTv picked it up for 2 more seasons at 10 episodes each. Seeing as I have to wait for the dvd releases, I guess I can be patient for once.

It's funny that you mention Two and a Half Men. at my last family get-together I found out several of my cousins enjoy the show. Obviously, a major argument ensued. I honestly felt ashamed of them and their shitty taste in television. OH NO CHARLIE SHEEN IS WEARING ANOTHER BOWLING SHIRT! I GET IT, THAT'S FUNNY!
DERP

blixa

this show was on for like five seconds here. rose byrne is in it, yeah?

bright lights, big city

DERP

chick de la lynch

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 08, 2010, 05:01 AM
It's funny that you mention Two and a Half Men. at my last family get-together I found out several of my cousins enjoy the show. Obviously, a major argument ensued. I honestly felt ashamed of them and their shitty taste in television. OH NO CHARLIE SHEEN IS WEARING ANOTHER BOWLING SHIRT! I GET IT, THAT'S FUNNY!

My brother and I are the only ones in my family who don't get why this show is so damn popular. The rest of my family think we're snobs, which we are but we also can tell the difference between a good joke and a bad joke or just a joke period.

Quote from: blixa on Dec 08, 2010, 06:10 AM
this show was on for like five seconds here. rose byrne is in it, yeah?

I love Rose Byrne. I think if any other young woman played Ellen Parsons it wouldn't keep my attention very long. She's so sweet and naive, yet so intelligent and cunning. I kind of have a girl crush on her.