Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

David Fincher

Started by BillyNo.9, Dec 14, 2010, 05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyNo.9

Anybody else a fan?
Fight club is by far my favourite film of all time, but not  my favourite book, mainly because it took so much time off my life to read, and by the time I got to the end I'd pretty much forgotton the shit i'd already read.
Se7en was a badass film too, Fincher threw in the idea of Brad Pitt shooting Scorsese in the face ( which is always cool )

deftjess

The Game was pretty Cool to

with Penn and Douglas

Alien 3 was good one he did and Zodiac to was a really good movie

yea im  a fan, but i need to see Social Network still

Seven is my Favorite movie by him

lukas989

Got the nod with The Millenium Trilogy too...must admit it does seem a touch close to the ones already released, and fuck knows why they think Daniel Craig is the man for the job, but I hope for good things - they are great books.

bright lights, big city

Every movie's a classic
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

one weak

I like Fincher, but lately I'm not so sure about him. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo could be bad for him if he fucks it up. The book is incredible, the original film is great, and I just don't see how any hollywood studio is going to do justice to either. the rape scene is going to make or break the film. if he avoids it, the story is trash, if he does a PG-13 version of it, the film is trash. as anyone who has read the millenium trilogy knows, the sexual assualt/history of lisbeth is crucial to the plot.

remakes are really getting on my nerves.

bright lights, big city

especially when it's americans remaking recent foreign movies that are good to begin with. i'm optimistic though, because from what i've read he is staying faithful to the book, instead of straying like i thought he would and change the setting and such. granted, the original swedish film was very good, but the second film was a major letdown and Fincher can only make that better.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

BillyNo.9

Social network is probably the best thing he's done in recent years. I dont really like the concept of networking sites because most of the people on them are idiots with absolutely shit to say. I do however like a david fincher directed guide to controlling them >:)

Inkblades

Very talented director. He's almost like a weird hybrid between Stanley Kubrick and Ridley Scott. Seven, Fight Club and Zodiac basically all fall into the"masterpiece" category for me. The Game and The Social Network are also very good. Benjamin Button was a misfire, though. I'll blame that one on the screenwriter instead of him.

Inkblades

Oh, and imagine if he directed a darkasfuck video for Royal or Prince. That would be amazing.

Livewire

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo green band trailer

side note:  The Immigrant Song cover is by Trent (and I'm guessing Atticus as well) with Karen O providing vocals.

BillyNo.9

I'm actually more excited about the song.

bright lights, big city

i honestly don't care for the song, but this movie is one of the few I'm looking forward to this year. have you read the books? this trilogy was written for Fincher to make into movies.
DERP

defskull

Well the Swedish original was basically someone trying to emulate the look of Fincher but the pacing is terrible.  I really think the original movie is very overrated.  I think Fincher's will become the definitive version of it.

theis

Can't fucking wait.

Fincher is the master of creating dark, violent and disturbing thrillers.

svjchtr

that might be the most annoying movie trailer i've seen in my entire life

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: svjchtr on Jun 03, 2011, 03:04 PM
that might be the most annoying movie trailer i've seen in my entire life

You should have seen the Red Band Trailer that was up until a few days ago.

bright lights, big city

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" New Trailer #2

Extended trailer. Looks like he's doing exactly what I was hoping he would for this movie. Lots of darkness, good soundtrack, and the flashback scenes with the bright yellow tint are an excellent touch. And Rooney Mara seems capable of being just as good as Noomi.
DERP

poofing acid

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Dec 14, 2010, 05:31 PM
Anybody else a fan?
Fight club is by far my favourite film of all time, but not  my favourite book, mainly because it took so much time off my life to read, and by the time I got to the end I'd pretty much forgotton the shit i'd already read.
Se7en was a badass film too, Fincher threw in the idea of Brad Pitt shooting Scorsese in the face ( which is always cool )

208 pages.... are you serious?

BillyNo.9

I'm serious man, I'm borderline dyslexic.