Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New Years Resolutions

Started by E-Money, Dec 25, 2010, 04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

What are some of yours?

I'd like to remain drug free (besides herb)
Stop smoking cigs (probably not gonna happen)
Spend more time with my family

lostpilot

Keep successfully quit smoking (so far been going quite good)
Quit drinking alcohol/being a lonely alcoholic
Quit any mind altering substances? But do I really want to? Herb is not included.. maybe?
Stop being an infinitely depressed selfish asshole
Release "Endless Lullabies" and explode all the listeners away
Become internationally well-known between experimental music listeners
Lighten my spirit more and more by knowledge and meditation
See my parents at least once during this year
Figure out what the fuck am I doing after this

Deftones-argentina

_I'd like to get sooner or later get a job of creative advertising.
_I'd like to be a bit more in love with who I am, and be a bit more calm. I've been stressed and tired all the year, and I know my essence is being chiled out as fuck. I'll recover my original being, I guess.
_I'd like to be a bit more social (not much, I'm already quite social comparing to previous years.
_I'd like to release the best record ever made in my country and get people really moved by it.
_If deftones plays here, my ultimate dream is to open for them. I think about it at least every week and i'm trying to figure out the way to do it.

Starz

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Starz on Dec 25, 2010, 02:02 PM
-sort my fucking life out
i'm in the same boat. gotta get my shit together.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

-completely revamp my guitar setup
-record more music
-start a decent band

Jerry_Curls

- Get a new job (4 years at Urban has me going crazy)
- Get a boyfriend
- Move somewhere new by the end of the year
- Read more books

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Sushi-X

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 25, 2010, 04:03 PM
Quote from: Starz on Dec 25, 2010, 02:02 PM
-sort my fucking life out
i'm in the same boat. gotta get my shit together.

Same here.

-Tying to that, I would say just finally try to grow up i.e be more responsible, independent.

Rocket Skates '94

defskull

Corleone

No more deep fried foods
Smoke less herb (maybe 3 times a week? lol)

:(

Variable

This wasn't a new years resolution.  Because I never do them anyways.  But about a week ago I have up energy drinks all together.  I can still drink coffee, but no energy drinks.  I know a lot of you don't know me personally, but if you did, you would know that this is a HUGE step for me.
It was largely based around not wanting to consume so much artificial sweeteners and shit like that.  Then also largely based around the fact that I spend about $6,000.00 a year on energy drinks....so yeah.  Lots of incentives there. 

blixa

trey, good on you. i can't stand energy drinks. all my work mates drink them and i can't stand the way they smell.

i'm going to try to stop biting my nails. very unlikely that i will stop but i'm going to really try hard. harder than my past attempts.

Variable

I truly love drinking energy drinks.  Only sugar free of course.  but its gotten to the point to where I drink about 10  day and they don't even do anything for me.  which is just fucking ridiculous when you think about it.  I have been meaning to quit for a while.  I'm going on almost a week now, so I guess thats good.  Its just time you know.  They really arent bad for you for all the reasons people think they are bad for you.  But more so for the reasons sodas and sugary juices and shit are bad for you.  Just all; the artificial coloring and sweeteners and high fructose fuck my pancreas syrup and all that.  I'm feeling pretty good about  myself for finally kicking it.  and I think I will actually stick with it this time.  If nothing else for pride that I have told everyone that I quit.  But I don't deny at all that I will be drinking massive amounts of black coffee instead.  Which I find to be much cheaper and healthy.

but yes, no nail biting.  Why do you do it in the first place?

blixa

i purely dislike energy drinks because of their smell and something about them just screams death. a friend of mine had a friend who died from drinking too much diet coke. the doctors were able to pin point that all the artificial sugar in the coke was what stopped her heart beating. they told her to quit or she was going to die. she was so addicted to diet coke that she couldn't stop and ended up dying.

i bite my nails for pure enjoyment. the thing is when i stop i start to bite the skin around the nails and end up with bloody scabs that hurt like hell. i've been doing it since i was a kid. i thought i simply did it because of anxiety but it's a mixture of a lot of feelings. i stopped biting today. i was watching tv and next thing i realised i had the taste of blood in my mouth. i had bitten into the skin on a finger so hard and hadn't noticed. this is going to be very difficult.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: blixa on Dec 27, 2010, 02:30 PM
i purely dislike energy drinks because of their smell and something about them just screams death. a friend of mine had a friend who died from drinking too much diet coke. the doctors were able to pin point that all the artificial sugar in the coke was what stopped her heart beating. they told her to quit or she was going to die. she was so addicted to diet coke that she couldn't stop and ended up dying.

i bite my nails for pure enjoyment. the thing is when i stop i start to bite the skin around the nails and end up with bloody scabs that hurt like hell. i've been doing it since i was a kid. i thought i simply did it because of anxiety but it's a mixture of a lot of feelings. i stopped biting today. i was watching tv and next thing i realised i had the taste of blood in my mouth. i had bitten into the skin on a finger so hard and hadn't noticed. this is going to be very difficult.

died from drinking diet coke you say?......shouldnt that have been posted in the bullshit thread

ok, new years resolutions:

change job

move in with gf and see if it works

blixa

no seriously, she died from the amount of diet coke she had consumed. her heart stopped beating because she couldn't stop drinking it. she went to seven different doctors who told her the same thing. she used to consume an abnormal amount of diet coke. i'm talking crazy numbers here. even when her heart started playing up, she continued to drink diet coke.

i know it sounds crazy, but it's true.

wheresmysnare

Right well, if you drink too much of anything, even water, eventually your kidneys will not be able to work fast enough to remove sufficient amounts from the body, leading to swelling of the brain, breathing shutting down and ultimately death.

Diet coke will have aspartame which is a sweetner, theres been a lot of debate about its health implications but it is like one of the most tested products due to this and every country that tested found there was no problem with it in terms of health.

She probably had a rare condition, made worse by drinking way too much, I wouldnt worry about drinking diet coke though, seriously.

blixa

i used to drink a lot of creaming soda and i started getting heart palpitations so i stopped.

i don't know about her heart condition, but my best friend had anorexia (due to anxiety) and she was telling me how they peddle diet coke to the anorexics in the hospital. they call it dc and all of them drink it and the doctors have no problem with it. as long as they aren't drinking too much.

Variable

Yeah that does sound a little off that she would die of an aspartame overdose.  But I guess it's possible.  I could see it being more that she severely dehydrated herself and caused a shift in her electrolytes which can lead to cardiac dysrhythmia.  Especially if your potassium balance gets thrown off.  So if she really was drinking just insane amounts of diet coke, I can sort of see how that might cause an electrolyte imbalance.
But shit, who knows?  Maybe she really did OD on aspartame.  Theres a lot of money in the diet cola industry and they might just want to keep shit like that on the DL.  Plus everybody reacts differently to things.  We all have our own chemistry and genetic make up.  She might have just been REALLY sensitive to artificial sweeteners. 
Quote from: blixa on Dec 27, 2010, 02:30 PM
But yeah, holy shit dude.  Thats pretty  bad.  You should try dipping your fingers in shit that taste really nasty or wear gloves around the house or something.  I know that sounds really dorky but it might help.  Maybe just use an abnormal amount of hand sanitizer and your fingers should probably taste pretty gross

alvarezbassist17

Damn, there's some interesting neuroses down undah.

My NYRs are to get a good job in the accounting field, help more people with their investments, and fuck a baker's dozen bitches (or more, but I couldn't think of better alliteration).