Started by E-Money, Dec 25, 2010, 04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davetonez

Quote from: downtownpony on Jan 14, 2011, 04:22 PM
Not me but relevant.

>2005
>16 years old
>lived in NYC most of my life
>really popular in school, at parties and clubs every weekend, have lots of friends.
>one day find out I have to move to Australia because my dad got a job there
>excited, but sad at the same time because I'll be leaving my friends.
>don't know anyone in Sydney, but always heard the people are nice.
>start school
>everyone immediately makes fun of me for being "a fucking yank cunt"
>the guys hate me automatically
>some of the girls like my accent
>guys get pissed off and hate me more
>everyone is pretentious and generally unlikeable
>don't know anything about aussie slang, culture or humour.
>every guy has that macho bullshit attitude.
>can't relate to any of them
>bogans/lads everywhere and those who aren't try to be
>The clublife is terrible, and everything in general is boring
>still get shit for being american
>this continues for the next two years
>develop an extreme personal hate for every australian I meet from then on.

Man that's grim, we're not all like that I promise. I dislike most people I meet, but I figure that'd happen with anywhere in the world for me. I'm open to making friends with people as long as they're cool back, where someone was born or their race doesn't matter.

blixa

Quote from: downtownpony on Jan 14, 2011, 04:22 PM
Not me but relevant.

>2005
>16 years old
>lived in NYC most of my life
>really popular in school, at parties and clubs every weekend, have lots of friends.
>one day find out I have to move to Australia because my dad got a job there
>excited, but sad at the same time because I'll be leaving my friends.
>don't know anyone in Sydney, but always heard the people are nice.
>start school
>everyone immediately makes fun of me for being "a fucking yank cunt"
>the guys hate me automatically
>some of the girls like my accent
>guys get pissed off and hate me more
>everyone is pretentious and generally unlikeable
>don't know anything about aussie slang, culture or humour.
>every guy has that macho bullshit attitude.
>can't relate to any of them
>bogans/lads everywhere and those who aren't try to be
>The clublife is terrible, and everything in general is boring
>still get shit for being american
>this continues for the next two years
>develop an extreme personal hate for every australian I meet from then on.

no offence, but the person who typed this up sounds like an utter cockhead. no wonder everyone thinks he's a wanker. look at his attitude. oh, boohoo, you had to move to australia.

Jacob

moving to a completely new country when you're 16 years old can be quite rough I imagine. could you imagine leaving all your friends and everything you know behind and move to the opposite side of the world? and then have people make fun of you because you're a foreigner. he's 16. he's a kid. friends is the most important thing in the world at that age.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

downtownpony

Besides having a lot of Mexican immigrants in my schools growing up (because I live in Texas) the few British kids I remember were occasionally made fun of because of their accent. That's about it though. I think they actually made more friends because they were British. It was never as hateful as what that kid described.
I think the world outside of America has a lot of hate for Americans.

TheWatcher

lose weight
maybe get a better job
maybe to go school
get a girlfriend to hang with

just random things that come to my head

blixa

Quote from: Jacob on Jan 15, 2011, 05:56 PM
moving to a completely new country when you're 16 years old can be quite rough I imagine. could you imagine leaving all your friends and everything you know behind and move to the opposite side of the world? and then have people make fun of you because you're a foreigner. he's 16. he's a kid. friends is the most important thing in the world at that age.

he's whinging. do you how many kids are stuck in detention centres dying to be in his shoes? i don't think he appreciates what he's got. i don't care if he's 16. some people are racist here, just as some people are racist in america and in other countries. he seems more concerned about being "popular" and having shitloads of friends. he can have those things in australia if he got over what he had and get used to what he's got now. and half the things he's complaining about is shit we all face in high school irregardless of whether you're a "yank" or not.

i'm sorry, but i find it really hard to sympathise with him.

Penicks

wheresmysnare

Aussies hate everyone especially the English, they have a stick up their ass because their country was founded by criminals exiled from English shores. Just look at Russell Crowe, loud mouthed cunt. This is all said tounge in cheek before someone gets their knickers in a twist.

davetonez

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jan 16, 2011, 05:15 PM
Aussies hate everyone especially the English, they have a stick up their ass because their country was founded by criminals exiled from English shores. Just look at Russell Crowe, loud mouthed cunt. This is all said tounge in cheek before someone gets their knickers in a twist.

Dude, not "everyone." I'm an Australian, and my best mate is South African. I've got loads of Canadian friends, and my best mate throughout high school was Bosnian. I'm sure I could point out more but I can't be bothered... and if I'm not correct, America has one of the highest percentages of racial related murders in the world. We sure as hell don't have that extreme side here.

blixa

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jan 16, 2011, 05:15 PM

in that case, they are making fun of themselves. i see this a lot during cricket season when it's australia against england where you see a lot of pommy bashing. it's hilarious because they're making fun of themselves. and russell crowe doesn't represent australia. the kiwi's are lucky that they got rid of him.

Quote from: Penicks on Jan 16, 2011, 03:38 PM
lol

bet you're an aussie

yes i am. that's why i know what this guy is saying is just all self-pity. i encounter racial bullshit everyday in my line of work, but i don't let it get to me. there are australian's that are racist, but those people exist everywhere. i went to high school with a few american's in my grade. no one gave them shit. they integrated very well because they adjusted to their environment and were a few of the most popular kids at school. they didn't sit around moping about how amazing their life back in america was. all this guy has to do is wait two years then he can move back. i'm sorry, as a person who has lived in three different countries, i can personally say i don't sympathise.