Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones to tour North America with Dillinger Escape Plan

Started by Vesanic, Jan 04, 2011, 12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: Starz on Jan 06, 2011, 08:25 PM
Me and my buddy who is a big Dillinger fan are thinking of coming to the USA to see a show for my birthday. Can anyone recommend a cool city and venue to visit? we'll prob only be there for like 4 days max as that's all out funds can allow. Thank you
NY

defsteve

Quote from: Starz on Jan 06, 2011, 08:25 PM
Me and my buddy who is a big Dillinger fan are thinking of coming to the USA to see a show for my birthday. Can anyone recommend a cool city and venue to visit? we'll prob only be there for like 4 days max as that's all out funds can allow. Thank you

Without a doubt New York. Quickest to get to as well if you are only going for 4 days although I would try for 5 nights. Biggest expense will be flights so an extra night in a hotel won't bust the bank.

3 shows (1 in NJ and 2 in NYC) make it a no brainer
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Crazy Breed

I love living in New England! I will be hitting 4 shows!!...all less than a 2 hour drive from the crib!

They definitely need to change up the setlists better than they did on the Blackdiamondskye tour!! I wanna hear Knife Party, Digital Bath, Beware, Death blow, Battle Axe.....and a lot of the other ones they didn't play.

BRING ON MAY MUTHA FUCKA!!!!
The shade, is a tool, a device....a saviour!

sing blue silver

Diamond package purchased for montreal may 4th!!! going up on the 2nd, the 3rd is my birthday so i'll get to celebrate in my favorite city and then spend the next day in full deftones mode. should be quite the trip.

Jaw Knee

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jan 07, 2011, 07:31 PM
Diamond package purchased for montreal may 4th!!! going up on the 2nd, the 3rd is my birthday so i'll get to celebrate in my favorite city and then spend the next day in full deftones mode. should be quite the trip.

yeah man ! i got a diamond package too for this show ! I cant wait , finally get to meet these guys  :o

sing blue silver

awesome. i've heard from a friend that the diamond packages for montreal are gone already.

Corleone

They better come to toronto or I'm going to boycott this tour.

mAscArA81

Please!!for those who bought the diamond package: i hope you'll make a review about all!!lucky you!!

sing blue silver

diamond packages are gone. so glad i got one. i've waited years and years for this show. does anyone know how many people are usually given diamond packages?

charissa

Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 06, 2011, 06:56 PM
It was often in the soundcheck but never played during the show.

Yep, we heard it during the soundcheck for Allentown (9/12/10). :)

charissa

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jan 08, 2011, 12:50 AM
does anyone know how many people are usually given diamond packages?

If I recall it was 25 or 30 for the last round.

I'm so happy I got 2 diamond VIP tix for NY on 5/13!!! 

If life circumstances were different right now, I'd have bought tix for the 2nd NY show as well as Philly & Sayreville or even Boston & Hartford. Though I'm told by a musician friend the sound at the Electric Factory sucks.

poofing acid

E-factory isn't that bad.  The TLA kinda sucks though.

HexagramW

Got  my Diamond VIP package for Hartford, CT!  :D

E-Money

Sorry guys but this Diamond package is a complete waste of money.  Knowing the tones its not gonna be that great.  U don't need to pay 150$ to meet them.  I've never had a problem meeting them after the show.  Just go out back and wait, they'll sign anything u want and talk to u.  And its Free!  Im gonna buy my ticket to the show and meet them afterwords with 30 other people just like I have at pretty much every show I've been to.  But I hope u have fun!  :)  

cesar421

^you think is a waste of money buying a package were you can see the soundcheck and hear songs that they might not play the night of the show? interesting...

E-Money

Quote from: cesar421 on Jan 10, 2011, 04:24 AM
^you think is a waste of money buying a package were you can see the soundcheck and hear songs that they might not play the night of the show? interesting...

yea bud, I do think its a waste of money... I doubt you'll hear anything new.  They'll probably play 3 or 4 songs for soundcheck?  If your dying to meet them their not hard to find.  Every show I've been to they've been out back signing shit and chillin with fans.   just my .02

I heard a lot of people were disappointed with the meet and greet package on their last tour?  I  think it was blackdiamondsky?  not quite sure...  and u know its not gonna be organized. 

charissa

I can only speak from my experience. I had the diamond VIP package on 9/12/10 at Croc Rock in Allentown and it was worth every penny and more for me. Though I totally get what you are saying. We also had plenty of chances to meet them in the parking lot before and after the show, but personally I'm glad we did it the VIP way...not all the guys were available after the show and they were hurried and crowded by a LOT of fans, etc. During the VIP, they took their time going around to everyone and we all got a chance to talk with each of them one on one and they were generous with their time. It was pretty sweet. An added bonus was meeting a lot of local fans who I might get to join for the upcoming tour if I get Philly tix in addition to my NY VIP.

Just my 2-cents from my own personal experience.

Oh, and I definitely cannot complain about the original signed lithograph I now have hanging in my bedroom. ;)

E-Money

Quote from: charissa on Jan 10, 2011, 05:12 AM
I can only speak from my experience. I had the diamond VIP package on 9/12/10 at Croc Rock in Allentown and it was worth every penny and more for me. Though I totally get what you are saying. We also had plenty of chances to meet them in the parking lot before and after the show, but personally I'm glad we did it the VIP way...not all the guys were available after the show and they were hurried and crowded by a LOT of fans, etc. During the VIP, they took their time going around to everyone and we all got a chance to talk with each of them one on one and they were generous with their time. It was pretty sweet. An added bonus was meeting a lot of local fans who I might get to join for the upcoming tour if I get Philly tix in addition to my NY VIP.

Just my 2-cents from my own personal experience.

Oh, and I definitely cannot complain about the original signed lithograph I now have hanging in my bedroom. ;)

thats awesome, sounds like u had a great experience.  I just remember some people complaining about it.  Like they felt rushed or it wasn't organized.  idk.  I hope u guys have a blast tho.  For a new deftones fan its probably worth it, but for someone who has seen them b4 not so much. 

Vesanic

Quote from: cesar421 on Jan 10, 2011, 04:24 AM

Since I did that like twice for free, well, yeah, it's a waste of money, hahahaha.