Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones to tour North America with Dillinger Escape Plan

Started by Vesanic, Jan 04, 2011, 02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

i wanted the diamond package so i could meet them guaranteed without them being swarmed by fans. i'm still going to go out back and get some more pictures with them and all that but i'm also into the collectable stuff, getting first dibs on merch, hanging out for the soundcheck etc. 150 bucks isn't that much money really and if you know me i've been looking forward to seeing them live for a really long time now so why not go all out. i'll admit if you don't really care about the other stuff in the package but the meet and greet it's a bit of a waste, but for someone like me, it just seemed like the best option.

mAscArA81

I would pay for this diamond vip for sure, for me it's not a waste of money,well, it is if  like some of you said   you can entry to see the soundcheck for free, but i guess not all of us are able to do that, i wish!!! I would pay especially for that soundcheck and have more time to talk with them, it's true that you don't have to pay for meet them if you go some time before the concert or wait after, because they are  nice people , although i'm sure that all of you who bought  that vips  will have so much time to talk with them...

cesar421

Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 10, 2011, 07:51 AM
Quote from: cesar421 on Jan 10, 2011, 06:24 AM
^you think is a waste of money buying a package were you can see the soundcheck and hear songs that they might not play the night of the show? interesting...

Since I did that like twice for free, well, yeah, it's a waste of money, hahahaha.

and you hear a diamond eyes outtake haha. lucky you.

E-Money

I think for someone new to the tones or someone who hasn't seen them b4 it's probably worth the money. I hope it's dope. It will either be the coolest thing ever or it won't be organized and run well. Anyways. Enjoy guys! I hope u have a killer time. The tones r good people. I'm sure they'll be cool!

one weak

I'd sooner spend the extra $100 on going to another show than a couple of autographs and hearing sound check.

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

MommaZ1

I have never been lucky enuff, or some might say patient enuff to wait outside to meet them. I am in love with this band hardcore, so when the Diamond VIP package presented itself for DENVER, i jumped on it. For me personally, it's worth it. I've followed this band for eternity and think it will be an awesome experience!

neutron liar

anyone hear of who else is on the tour at all? rumours?

Vesanic

defsteve

News about another leg of dates from the Deftones has begun to slip out. The group will once again be supported by The Dillinger Escape Plan on the newest leg with Le Butcherettes also set to join the bill, or at the very least join the trek for a handful of shows.

Stops revealed thus far include:

05/27 Jacksonville, FL – Plush
05/29 Memphis, TN – Minglewood Hall
06/01 Oklahoma City, OK – Diamond Ballroom

An official announcement is expected shortly.

http://www.theprp.com/2011/01/26/news/second-leg-of-shows-planned-for-deftones-the-dillinger-escape-plan-etc-tour/

defsteve

Official announcement.

A few more dates have been announced for Deftones Diamond Eyes North American Tour:

5/20/11 – Jacksonville, FL @ Plush (on-sale Jan 29th at 10am)
5/29/11 – Memphis, TN @ Minglewood Hall (on-sale Jan 29 at 10am)
6/1/11 – Oklahoma City, OK @ Diamond Ballroom (on-sale Jan 29 at 10am)

Presale and VIP Packages for these shows will be available tomorrow, 10am local time. Click here for more information.

Stay tuned to Deftones.com for more announcements, coming soon.

Posted 2 hours 19 min ago

http://www.deftones.com/news/2011/01/26/new-us-dates-announced

defsteve

Deftones.com has the Jacksonville, FL as May 20th. It is May 27th (according to ticketweb)

defsteve

Quote from: defsteve on Jan 27, 2011, 08:16 AM
Deftones.com has the Jacksonville, FL as May 20th. It is May 27th (according to ticketweb)

I guess Ticketweb fucked up. Their site now says May 20th for Jacksonville, FL show

There Will Be Blood

Starz

Dredg to support on some of the west coast dates?

cesar421

just saw that on traversingboard...hopefully its true. Dredg is one of my favorite bands and seeing them with the deftones would be epic!

sing blue silver

Quote from: Starz on Feb 01, 2011, 02:46 PM
Dredg to support on some of the west coast dates?

This would be epic. Unfortunately I'm gonna get fucking DEP and I fucking hate their goddamn nonsense. Not looking forward to sitting through that.

Starz

Anyone know what time the tickets go on sale for the Los Angeles show? I live here in London, UK but am going to make a trip over there for this show. I have some money saved up :) Mainly hoping that Dredg will be supporting!

EDIT: Will Dillinger actually be supporting as well at the LA show?

normsteez

I'm hitting up the Baltimore date at Sonar. This venue is less than 15 minutes from my house which is awesome. I'm really stoked. Still contemplating if I want to got to New Jersey to seem than again at the Starland Ballroom for second time on this tour. This is gonna be my 7th time seeing them. So stoked about this Baltimore Date. Like I said the venue is less than 15 mins from my house.....Gotta Love It!
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

E-Money

Quote from: normsteez on Feb 02, 2011, 04:11 AM
I'm hitting up the Baltimore date at Sonar. This venue is less than 15 minutes from my house which is awesome. I'm really stoked. Still contemplating if I want to got to New Jersey to seem than again at the Starland Ballroom for second time on this tour. This is gonna be my 7th time seeing them. So stoked about this Baltimore Date. Like I said the venue is less than 15 mins from my house.....Gotta Love It!

I'm also attending the baltimore date.  Unfortunately the venue Sonar is complete shit.  Its absolutely terrible.  I saw thrice there and the sound was terrible.