Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Occult Themes in Deftones?

Started by bloody_liver, Jan 11, 2011, 06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defTHE1s

Bump!
Look what Sergio posted a moment ago on his instagram... http://instagram.com/p/xsFC86gKiX/
Coincidence? Don't know what to think...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

2MoreHours

Bump again!

The lyrics for the entire album "Gore" fit in nicely with this theory.  I found this thread after noticing that myself. 

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 11, 2016, 02:45 PM
Bump again!

The lyrics for the entire album "Gore" fit in nicely with this theory.  I found this thread after noticing that myself. 

Lots of talk about gods,deities, shapes, darkness... Have to read some more and see if I find any specific examples like the Minerva/Owl reference
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Freedomsoldier17

all those triangles in the P/T video

illuminati convirmed

thewatching

What about star wars as an occult theme... stormtrooper (Video with daughter as st on stage) this is truly a sign and symbolism ---> chino = darth vader  omg i`m on to something 0_o :D
what is more occult than this yedi and imperium shit? oh no, obi steph kenobi, you´ve lost him.  ::)

yeah guys, i think we can see more in someones writings and stuff than there actually is  but that is just imagination, inspiration and art.

2MoreHours

Quote from: thewatching on Apr 15, 2016, 10:33 AM
What about star wars as an occult theme... stormtrooper (Video with daughter as st on stage) this is truly a sign and symbolism ---> chino = darth vader  omg i`m on to something 0_o :D
what is more occult than this yedi and imperium shit? oh no, obi steph kenobi, you´ve lost him.  ::)

yeah guys, i think we can see more in someones writings and stuff than there actually is  but that is just imagination, inspiration and art.

Call it what you want but it's pretty obvious in Gore.  Chino is writing about you going to hell.   I'm not going with yall.  Those demons are weak as hell.  I have something for them.

thewatching

man, it's about the dirge of his drug habits. they should not call for him anymore but just die.

he explained it in one interview promoting gore... it's about yin and yang in everyone... the battles we fight to overcome. he has constantly battled it throughtout since adrenaline.
sometimes the dark waves had won but he truely wants the absence of the dark... but we can play with it and still be strong, because religion is not as strong as psychology or personal enlightment, so he was persuaded by it in ancient ways to overcome. He does not judge you but himself and gives advice for everyone.

thewatching

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 15, 2016, 06:24 PM

Call it what you want but it's pretty obvious in Gore.  Chino is writing about you going to hell.   I'm not going with yall.  Those demons are weak as hell.  I have something for them.
plural you or what? I think you are kind of very exited about the new album and lyrics.

and what you call demons is on the inside...

I don`t see any occultism in these new lyrics, only one ancient greek relevance
I was writing a lyrical context based text but it was lost... so i only have the summup of it for you:

Prayers / Triangles
old habits coming back even if you feel save now with family
Triangles placed in your mind... the old drug thinking maniac believes

Acid Hologram
"Your light will fade and our hearts will sync in time
Your disguise will shift and reverse

In the wake of your plume we bathe and drink
You remind me of her again"

He thinks of his first marriage again. He fears that his new wife will sync with his black heart.
She reminds him of her, but maybe only because of his ache in his heart.

Doomed User

heavy drug user song.
"They're delusions don't deny it
Don't make this out to be something about you
My only tale is one that I can't stand
Now I've become this core of rotted will
My heart is black and I will never feel"

heavydrug users think it's all about themselves. he reacknowledges it and it reminds him of the tale he cannot stand that it was all about him. [Drugs] made his heart black and never feel.

Geometric Headdress

now this is just a sexy song but could refer towards https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurydice

Hearts / Wires

this is a mix of abscense of a friend (chi) and again relationship/marriage.

Pittura Infamante

this is very interesting. a lyric about his spirutality. you can see diversity ... hope in christanity as he was told as a child and new Options for himself... but still the Passion and hope for the praises and maybe they can mix for them/him.

Xenon

"You're floating out astray
This cold and lifeless Body"
"Keep riding on this wave
The desire sweeps your Body"

another drug releveance?

but maybe too... he took a higher viewpoint at us all... animals and humans, both the same, how we are yet the mix of yin yang with all the violence.... and it's predisposed, yet alterable, when you get this viewpoint.

(L)MIRL

"You're an old hex
That just drained my will"
"We have created
Now we're gone"

celeste reference
two sons, now their marriage is gone.

Gore

Nicely written sexy lyrics again.
A women you've attached to the darker sides of making love.

Phantom Bride

drug related song again

Rubicon

beautiful i'm on stage song. chino loves those :D

2MoreHours

Quote from: thewatching on Apr 17, 2016, 05:35 PM
Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 15, 2016, 06:24 PM

plural you or what? I think you are kind of very exited about the new album and lyrics.

and what you call demons is on the inside...

I don`t see any occultism in these new lyrics, only one ancient greek relevance
I was writing a lyrical context based text but it was lost... so i only have the summup of it for you:

Prayers / Triangles
old habits coming back even if you feel save now with family
Triangles placed in your mind... the old drug thinking maniac believes

Acid Hologram
"Your light will fade and our hearts will sync in time
Your disguise will shift and reverse

In the wake of your plume we bathe and drink
You remind me of her again"

He thinks of his first marriage again. He fears that his new wife will sync with his black heart.
She reminds him of her, but maybe only because of his ache in his heart.

Doomed User

heavy drug user song.
"They're delusions don't deny it
Don't make this out to be something about you
My only tale is one that I can't stand
Now I've become this core of rotted will
My heart is black and I will never feel"

heavydrug users think it's all about themselves. he reacknowledges it and it reminds him of the tale he cannot stand that it was all about him. [Drugs] made his heart black and never feel.

Geometric Headdress

now this is just a sexy song but could refer towards https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurydice

Hearts / Wires

this is a mix of abscense of a friend (chi) and again relationship/marriage.

Pittura Infamante

this is very interesting. a lyric about his spirutality. you can see diversity ... hope in christanity as he was told as a child and new Options for himself... but still the Passion and hope for the praises and maybe they can mix for them/him.

Xenon

"You're floating out astray
This cold and lifeless Body"
"Keep riding on this wave
The desire sweeps your Body"

another drug releveance?

but maybe too... he took a higher viewpoint at us all... animals and humans, both the same, how we are yet the mix of yin yang with all the violence.... and it's predisposed, yet alterable, when you get this viewpoint.

(L)MIRL

"You're an old hex
That just drained my will"
"We have created
Now we're gone"

celeste reference
two sons, now their marriage is gone.

Gore

Nicely written sexy lyrics again.
A women you've attached to the darker sides of making love.

Phantom Bride

drug related song again

Rubicon

beautiful i'm on stage song. chino loves those :D

I don't think the lyrics are as deep as you want them to be.  Just read them.  They say a very simple message.  You can try to interpret them to try to feel better about them but they are pretty cut and dry.

The Cyndicate

Quote from: bloody_liver on Jan 11, 2011, 06:14 PM
Here's some spooky lyrics as an examples

RIVIERE
She haunts the roads, she waits for a new face
The arms red and injured she wants to rise she cant till we have faced
I'll cut your armies down, and turn your heart!!!

You know, that's directly about La Llorona. I mean directly. So it's sort of occultish.