Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Sacramento California

Started by wheresmysnare, Jan 12, 2011, 04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheresmysnare

I have been thinking lately that it would be amazing to go to Sacramento and take in a bit of Deftones heritage and just generally see what the scene is like where Deftones established themselves.

This will be a bit of an undertaking given that I live in England, I was wondering whether anyone else had made the pilgrimage to Sacto to check out the local scene and bars around the place. For some reason Deftones are the only band going that would ever make me come close to doing this sort of shit, but I am so intrigued to learn a bit about the local scene that gave birth to the deftones.

Lil Pesci

Seriously? Sacramento? I live in Southern Cali, have been to Sacto and its boresville, one stripclub, one state college, a few government buildings and lots of cows.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: Lil Pesci on Jan 12, 2011, 04:54 PM
Seriously? Sacramento? I live in Southern Cali, have been to Sacto and its boresville, one stripclub, one state college, a few government buildings and lots of cows.

this shit doesnt matter to me

sing blue silver

Save your money and go somewhere else. You're not missing anything.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jan 12, 2011, 07:42 PM
Save your money and go somewhere else. You're not missing anything.

Yeah so what the fuck have you seen where i live? i dont care man i'd like to see it no matter how humble the beginnings

black coffee

Relax dude, I think they were just trying to be nice.

A friend of mine was studying in Davis for a semester, and he also said that Sacramento is hardly worth a visit. But I don't know, do whatever you feel like man. California is without a doubt on my "places I have to go to" list, but I was thinking more of San Francisco and Los Angeles.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: black coffee on Jan 12, 2011, 08:18 PM

A friend of mine was studying in Davis for a semester, and he also said that Sacramento is hardly worth a visit. But I don't know, do whatever you feel like man. California is without a doubt on my "places I have to go to" list, but I was thinking more of San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons.

i'd like to see the place. fuck. who cares.

black coffee

Gotta love that Trainspotting quote.
The message fits to your situation nicely....you either do it, or you don't. It's as simple as that.

If you don't do it, you can imagine all your life how awesome Sacramento must be, because your favorite band comes from there.
Or you just go for it, and take the risk that this place might lose some of it's magic for you.

So save some money and book the flight. Nothing to lose, right?

E-Money

Sac town is pretty lame... If your gonna go to northern ca go to San Fran... 

bodywars9000

Wow that was the best rant i've read in a while.

Well i've never been to Sacto but my cousin lives there.
For the record i've always been curious to  check it out.
I forget where it is, but someone posted a link to a yearbook with Abe in it. Find the link and you'll know the high school they went to.
Once you find the school, you should be in the general area where most of them hung out and lived. Do some research and see if you can find out any places they played at locally. Also the bored and seven words videos where filmed in that area, i believe, as well as bloody cape.
I guess you could talk to some locals and try to find some locations, or just wander around and use your imagination.

If you go, have fun and good luck.

wheresmysnare

To be honest i'd like to see the area, i'd get a flight to cal and do the standard tourist thing plus dropping into sacto. I have no expectations, it's just something i'd like to do before i hit the dirt.

aj

Nic went there a few years ago (she's from England) but rarely posts here so is unlikely to see the thread.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jan 12, 2011, 08:21 PM

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons.

LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

godin

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jan 12, 2011, 08:21 PM

YOU seem to care a lot.
Dingus.

jbmp1390

He obviously does care about it. He just asked for some info not for a bunch of people to immediately shoot him down. Maybe Sacto isn't a huge deal, but he's obviously just a passionate fan. we can't fault him for that

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

mAscArA81

I would love to do that, in fact sometimes my boyfriend and i are talking about it,  we love DEFTONES but after all your comments don't know if it's worth it...

fetisher

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jan 12, 2011, 04:31 PM
I have been thinking lately that it would be amazing to go to Sacramento and take in a bit of Deftones heritage and just generally see what the scene is like where Deftones established themselves.

This will be a bit of an undertaking given that I live in England, I was wondering whether anyone else had made the pilgrimage to Sacto to check out the local scene and bars around the place. For some reason Deftones are the only band going that would ever make me come close to doing this sort of shit, but I am so intrigued to learn a bit about the local scene that gave birth to the deftones.

The local scene that gave birth to the Deftones does not exist anymore.  Save your money.

Penicks

you guys need to get your heads out of your rear ends and see more damn movies

slyartwork

Try to find 'The Spot' when you're there!
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

976-EVIL

Sacramento is to Deftones as Graceland is to Elvis? Why not.....
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.