Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Sacramento California

Started by wheresmysnare, Jan 12, 2011, 04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

it would be nice if they could organize some sort of package tour by bus with stops here and there,like a stop by Steph's garage where they started out playing/rehearsing .. maybe check out a skate park where they used to hang out. first club gig venue, stop and eat at their favorite restaurant if it's still there etc. I would go on it  8)

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: godin on Jan 13, 2011, 01:46 AM
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jan 12, 2011, 08:21 PM
Quote from: black coffee on Jan 12, 2011, 08:18 PM
Relax dude, I think they were just trying to be nice.

A friend of mine was studying in Davis for a semester, and he also said that Sacramento is hardly worth a visit. But I don't know, do whatever you feel like man. California is without a doubt on my "places I have to go to" list, but I was thinking more of San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons.

i'd like to see the place. fuck. who cares.

YOU seem to care a lot.
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Nebontha

...Just wait 'til it starts flooding, that'll really get the place moving...
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Vesanic

The fact the Deftones were born there is the only reason why you wanna see Sacramento ?

wheresmysnare

Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 16, 2011, 04:30 PM
The fact the Deftones were born there is the only reason why you wanna see
Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 16, 2011, 04:30 PM
The fact the Deftones were born there is the only reason why you wanna see Sacramento ?

If you read my initial post you will see why, if I go to America I will defo drop in if I'm in California. You could say that's weird but then imagine how many people have been to Seattle purely because of nirvana. I'm not expecting graceland or the neverland ranch.

Northcal

I love sactown .if u know were to go its a party town

Northcal

I wonder how many peeps on defworld live in northernkali? Who has been to the crest theatre,ace of spades,centerfolds,memorial audi,the american river for raffting gone wild?

Northcal

E
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jan 12, 2011, 08:02 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver link=topic=17577.msg731329#msg731329 date=1294861333
Save your money and go somewhere else. You're not missing anything.
/quote]

Yeah so what the fuck have you seen where i live? i dont care man i'd like to see it no matter how humble the beginnings
i like the way u think my friend

amber

I live about an hour drive from Sac. Love seeing the boys in their home town. Lots of fun.  :) It's worth it to take a trip out to Cali for a deftones concert, taking in Sacramento and spending a day or two in San Fran too. 

pinkmaggit

I don't think this is a bad idea at all.
Even if the city isn't that great it's still nice to be able to go to places where the band has hung out or played, it gives u a feel for their world.
Seeing as though Deftones will probably never come to South Africa, I'll probably go to the States one of these days to see them play.
It might be nice to go up to Sacramento if they're playing up there, even if I just pass through and end up really going that way to see LA or San Francisco or somewhere.

Robotsatemygrandma

Well isn't Sacramento also the capitol of California? I say do it up dude! You only live once.

pissedandpierced

I was planning to go to California in May, fly to San Francisco, go to Alcatraz then have a mooch to Sacramento cos its apparently about an hours drive then go to LA and then down to San Diego. I picked up a couple of brochures from the travel agents for America and was surprised to see that they had several places to stay in and on the outskirts of Sacramento, one place looked like a country spa. Considering Sacramento is the capital city of California I'm surprised that people seem to have such a low opinion of it. It's like going to London and not going to Camden.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

illthrowROCKS@U

The Capitol of states here in America are not always the biggest or best cities in those respective states.

See: Albany, NY; Annapolis, MD; Harrisburg, PA; Tallahassee, FL; Sacramento, CA...
Just a few.

My point being.. "Oh it's the Capitol!" isn't a good reason to go :P Just go if you feel it's worth the money and time for you, most cities you can find at least something to do. Some are "younger" cities, where you can find bars and clubs and things. Some are "older" or more relaxed, where you can find shops and interesting architecture, or just appreciate the view of the ocean etc. It all depends on the city, your mindset, and your willingness to travel out of your comfort zone. Whichever you choose, make the best of it. Can't stand when people I know make a decision, then complain about it the whole time. Kinda rambling here so.. I say go, but don't let yourself be bored. The end.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

There Will Be Blood

Do what ever makes you happy, I always wanted to go to Cali and yea I would check out Sac for a few hours to say Ive been to the home of the Deftones, but then hit up some better places!

nineteen

Only ever seen parts of Florida and New York.

Would be good to visit the West.

wheresmysnare

This is cool, i was left thinking it was a stupid idea after posting it originally but i guess at least some other people think its not totally ridiculous.

Northcal

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jan 20, 2012, 09:27 PM
This is cool, i was left thinking it was a stupid idea after posting it originally but i guess at least some other people think its not totally ridiculous.

just dont go to southside Sactown,lol

Bqad

I've lived in Sacramento all of my 27 years, born and raised. I like it and am very content but it's really not much of a place to visit. If it's something you're truly considering, feel free to get at me and I'll let you know some shit to do etc etc. I will say it's been awesome being a fan of this band since 95 or 96ish (can't remember exactly) as it has allowed me to see and do a lot of cool shit when it comes to them.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I've been curious abt Sac too but we're not going to run into any of them around there,  try L.A. if that's what you're shooting for or a concert anywhere in the world by getting in town early in the day. Lot's of fans meet artists at the most random places like I ran into Korn in Auburn Hills , MI in 2000ish at a Taco Bell. Never was into them but it was a cool memory.... Seen Iggy Pop in a record store in Royal Oak last summer here in Royal Oak, MI. I missed Deftones at a skate shop here in May of 2010 by minutes according to one of the employees. We were just killing time and trying to stay outta the rain before their show that day. They hit up skate shops and record stores here usually which r very plentiful in the metro-Detroit area. :)
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Far away

Post some pictures after the trip.