Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Sacramento California

Started by wheresmysnare, Jan 12, 2011, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seemann3

I will visit Sacramento next week, just because my favorite bands from there. Anyone knows some band-related places? Like McClatchy school. And I will post pictures :-) .

Inkblades

Prepare to be disappointed. There's a reason why Deftones have a song with the lyrics "This town don't feel mine" and "I don't care where just far away".

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I've heard that it's not like a shit hole but it is just really plain and boring with nothing much unique there.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Lil Pesci on Jan 12, 2011, 06:54 PM
Seriously? Sacramento? I live in Southern Cali, have been to Sacto and its boresville, one stripclub, one state college, a few government buildings and lots of cows.

that's what makes it great it's agriculture. besides it's beauty. It's still a real place that somebody can grow up, fuck LA and all the rest of the metropolitans, that's where you go when you want to fulfill a vain dream. those places ain't nothin but a concrete jungle, it doesn't impress me. I always imagine the beauty of southern California before it was turned into concrete. pomo indian era.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

SwerveCityUSA

furthermore here are some facts. the Chinese immigrants refer to it as "the second city" behind only beautiful frisco. Sacramento is also Spanish for sacrament. it's also the sunniest place in the world, truly a sacrament it is. lots of indigenous, Asian, latin culture expressed. Anyway the Deftones grew up in Oak Park which is the more underdeveloped area with a lot of "color." It's very nice.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

DeftonesNZ

haha trust me Agriculture shit wears off real quick, where I live we border on it, literally theres one more street after mine and then it's all country and farms just acres and acres of beautiful green land but they use fertiliser and stuff and it smells like shit, we're lucky we're also based 10min away from the centre of the city because apart from looking nice it's fucking boring lol.

slyartwork

The Cattle Club is no more so no reason the go there. I just did a round trip Nor Cal and skipped Sacto because everyone told me it's a boring place.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

DeftonesNZ

Yeah didn't the cattle club burn down?

mothraw

nicklav

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Aug 01, 2013, 10:22 AM
Quote from: Lil Pesci on Jan 12, 2011, 06:54 PM
Seriously? Sacramento? I live in Southern Cali, have been to Sacto and its boresville, one stripclub, one state college, a few government buildings and lots of cows.

that's what makes it great it's agriculture. besides it's beauty. It's still a real place that somebody can grow up, fuck LA and all the rest of the metropolitans, that's where you go when you want to fulfill a vain dream. those places ain't nothin but a concrete jungle, it doesn't impress me. I always imagine the beauty of southern California before it was turned into concrete. pomo indian era.

For once, I agree with you. I'm from a town not too far from Sac, and it's a great city to visit.

pinkmaggit69

Quote from: E-Money on Jan 12, 2011, 11:03 PM
Sac town is pretty lame... If your gonna go to northern ca go to San Fran... 

Drinks won't stain this birth!

pinkmaggit69

Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 30, 2013, 02:51 AM
Prepare to be disappointed. There's a reason why Deftones have a song with the lyrics "This town don't feel mine" and "I don't care where just far away".

yep.

Drinks won't stain this birth!