Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones-ish bands

Started by davetonez, Jan 24, 2011, 07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davetonez

Thought I'd make a discussion for similar sounding bands to the 'Tones.

I know of Relative Ash and Numb. Anyone got any others?

Relative Ash - Bounce

Penicks

Starz

Mahumodo - Aprils

*shels - fireflystarrs.
Listen from around 3:45 on that *Shels track. mmmmm

Starz

davetonez

I really enjoyed that song by Silent. Must. Find. Album...

raynor

dude it's 2011, you can find more interesting stuff than bands that are trying to sound like deftones. c'mon!

Starz

davetonez

Quote from: raynor on Jan 25, 2011, 08:37 AM
dude it's 2011, you can find more interesting stuff than bands that are trying to sound like deftones. c'mon!

I know there's heaps of new music to try out, which I do... But sometimes I like to focus on a certain style of music for a bit.

davetonez

How could I forget Sunk Loto! They're from the city I live in

Sunk Loto - Sunken Eyes

xGetBoredx

Wow, Sunk Loto is great. Sick vocals, especially in the screaming parts, love it!

Finding Deftones-ish bands is one of my favorite things to do ;) I think Relative Ash is still the most similiar to the old school Deftones (Adrenaline and ATF eras as you can hear). Silent which was also featured in this thread seems to have the closest vocals to Chino's (just listen to the first verses of "Feed on me").

In my country (Poland) there was a band called Pigment with a very talented vocalist. Their songs were mostly inspired by Deftones (that's why we called them "Polish Deftones" when they were still a band).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuCzpnkc9G8

Other bands I find close to Deftones style:
- Numb
- S-BOX
- Stapled Shut
- Calm/Seeded Crown
- Porcelain Fishbowl

Starz

Shame that Sunk Loto split, I quite liked them. The singer is in a new band now that sound even more like Deftones.

occipudding

really feelin that pigment song.  any chance for an album link?
machete!  meow

xGetBoredx

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?8tvfwphk3rltx9g

Sadly, you won't understand any word but it's still cool to listen. I uploaded all their songs (from 3 demos, they didn't make any LP). There are also 3 songs by a band called SOFT, it's an earlier project of Pigment's vocalist. There is one song by Steam Sponger which involves the same vocalist as well, really cool stuff from '97 ;) He is doing a lot of other stuff today - still singing but more mature and mellow stuff.

nineteen

Quote from: Starz on Jan 26, 2011, 11:55 AM
Unjust - Notes From A Sunday Morning

Didn't the singer try out for Deftones waaaay back in the day? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

skinnypuppy

Silent is really good...

wheresmysnare

this thread already exists man

decapod

We pull a TON of influence from Deftones: www.myspace.com/vessl

occipudding

Quote from: xGetBoredx on Aug 10, 2011, 11:38 AM
Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?8tvfwphk3rltx9g

Sadly, you won't understand any word but it's still cool to listen. I uploaded all their songs (from 3 demos, they didn't make any LP). There are also 3 songs by a band called SOFT, it's an earlier project of Pigment's vocalist. There is one song by Steam Sponger which involves the same vocalist as well, really cool stuff from '97 ;) He is doing a lot of other stuff today - still singing but more mature and mellow stuff.

thanks for the link man, appreciate it
machete!  meow

occipudding

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Aug 24, 2011, 09:33 AM
this thread already exists man

im pretty sure that thread is buried deep if it even still exists (unless you're thinking of a different thread than i am, and the one im thinking of is a few years old).  i think that thread is where i found out about miocene and major label.
machete!  meow

Vesanic

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Aug 24, 2011, 07:25 AM
Silent is really good...

I do think so as well. The singer is a friend, new stuff coming soon.