Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Letlive (Yes, they try hard to be Glassjaw...though actually succeeding at it?)

Started by Slacker, Jan 26, 2011, 05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawg

Slacker

glassjawed

Does anyone have any of their albums before Fake History. Going to see them next month and was hoping to become better acquanited although I doubt they will play anything pre Epitaph.

Deftones-argentina

I have the previous one, i'll upload it.
must I warn you, it's a totally different banmd except from jason, its singer.

nineteen

Frontman went nuts at Download Festival, UK. Their energy was good.

Really digging this album.

Deftones-argentina

could you get some footage? from what I heard it was a legendary show.

nineteen

This was the start of their set. He came in from the crowd and the bouncers thought he was just a fan etc.

Letlive live in Download Festival misunderstanding

defskull

Hahahahaha wow. I mean I guess the bouncers were doing their job but did they not wonder as where the vocalist was?

Slacker

Jacob

sounds promising. but... there's not a lot of Glassjaw with these guys, if that's all you can compare them to I guess you haven't listened to a lot of hardcore music at all.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Deftones-argentina

Starz

They are a cool band actually. I read an interview with them recently where they said Deftones are one of their favourite bands toooooo

deftoner664

WOW! thanks for surfacing this band... Believe the credit goes to Starz, like mentioned above. I hear the SLIGHT similarity of Glassjaw in this band's sound, but they have their own sound overall.. Listening to the song "Day 54" right now and it is excellent! Impressed doesnt cut it.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

N0S3BLEED976

Has anyone heard the snippet of the song "Banshee (Ghost Fame) from their new upcoming album yet? Man, it rocks so damn much!

http://www.amazon.es/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00CJW87MK/absolutepunk-20/

ANattyRat

I love letlive. I think his voice sounds like Daryl's, but don't think the rest of the music is that similar to Glassjaw. I can hear the influence, yeah, but still see them as their own band rather than a wannabe-Glassjaw band. Nice guys and always put on a great show. Going to see them in October, should be great :) and my cousin loves them, and my cousin HATES rock/heavy music, so that says a lot, I reckon.

ANattyRat

A new song is going to be played on BBC Radio One Rockshow tonight, apparently after midnight, in case anyone wants to know.

DeftonesNZ

Man that's fucking horrible, which sucks because I had high hopes, what a backwards step this is. It sounds like a one of those shitty songs that are used on EA sport games, It's completely passionless, he's still yelling but it doesn't sound genuine on Fake History you could tell he was living every moment of the song, his genuine pain came through this, just sounds like it has no soul. It's really sad I loved the heart that was in their previous work and now they have gone to writing rap metal from the 2000's also I don't know how to describe it but I hate those little bits where it sounds like a backing group are singing it's used alot in radio rock songs and it sounds so unnatural and it breaks the connection of the listener to the vocalist.

N0S3BLEED976

Really? I think it sounds better than anything on Fake History