Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Letlive (Yes, they try hard to be Glassjaw...though actually succeeding at it?)

Started by Slacker, Jan 26, 2011, 05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N0S3BLEED976

On my second playthrough. I dig it a bit more, now. White America's Beautiful Black Market is proper good

nineteen

Love this album. Yeah it's a bit auto-tuned and poppy but it will do as it was mixed by Stephen George.

I get a Michael Jackson vibe from the vocals on this.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: nineteen on Jun 18, 2013, 10:00 PM
I get a Michael Jackson vibe from the vocals on this.

Yeah, I thought the same sometimes. It's like Michael Jackson in a post-hardcore band. The whole album actually sounds completely different from Fake History

ANattyRat

They can't keep re-creating Fake History, though. Bands that don't grow/go in a new direction fizzle out and/or get bored. Saying that, I completely disagree with all of you lol I love it. It still has to grow on me, but so did Fake History. I only liked Renegade 86 for ages before I liked the rest of the album.

Don't know what people are talking about though, I hear loads of emotion/intensity. Ah well, I'm happy.

Deftones-argentina

album of the year for me so far, by far.

Pheromone cvlt, that melody...oh, man.

N0S3BLEED976

I finally hold the cd in my hands. The quality is so much better than that of the Youtube stream. So far it's definitely the album I listened to the most this year

Romain

All Jason does is ripping Daryl Palumbo off, in everyfuckingthing he does. Singing, moving, screaming, talking, even his fucking tattoos and style. He might as well just go fuck himself.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jul 06, 2013, 12:41 PM
I finally hold the cd in my hands. The quality is so much better than that of the Youtube stream. So far it's definitely the album I listened to the most this year

Can you please scan (or photo) the lyrics?) I want to stop making bullshit-words for sing-along.

N0S3BLEED976

N0S3BLEED976

Here are the lyrics:

Banshee (Ghost Fame)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Empty Elvis

[spoiler][/spoiler]

White America's Beautiful Black Market

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Dreamer's Disease

[spoiler][/spoiler]

That Fear Fever

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Virgin Dirt

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Younger

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The Dope Beat

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The Priest And Used Cars

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Pheromone Cvlt

[spoiler][/spoiler]

27 Club

[spoiler][/spoiler]

ANattyRat

Still love the album. Virgin Dirt, Dreamer's Disease, Pheromone Cvlt. So many great songs I've had on repeat. Thought it's not out until the 9th of July though, has it come out earlier in other countries? I got the pre-order and it shipped a couple of days ago from America, so I don't expect it to be here for like a month, if the length of time it took for my shirt to get here is anything to go by.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: ANattyRat on Jul 07, 2013, 03:21 AM
Thought it's not out until the 9th of July though, has it come out earlier in other countries?

It came out two days ago in Germany

elite54

Yeah I saw he has the same exact tattoo as Daryl, dropped the home is where the heart is line and there are quite a few other similarities.

I don't mind Fake History, but I can only really listen to Virgin Dirt and a little of Dreamers Disease on this record.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jul 06, 2013, 10:43 PM
Here are the lyrics:

Banshee (Ghost Fame)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Empty Elvis

[spoiler][/spoiler]

White America's Beautiful Black Market

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Dreamer's Disease

[spoiler][/spoiler]

That Fear Fever

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Virgin Dirt

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Younger

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The Dope Beat

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The Priest And Used Cars

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Pheromone Cvlt

[spoiler][/spoiler]

27 Club

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Thank you, mr nosebleed. This lyrics are full of shiver moments.
Pheromone cvlt is their convectuoso, no doubt.
27 club is such a powerful ride. Congratulations letlive, you made another great record.

ANattyRat

I love the lyrics to Dreamer's Disease and Virgin Dirt, they've made those songs even better to me.

Deftones-argentina

I adhere to that, J really gave his best effort ever in creating these yrics. He's at a whole other level to the rest of the lyricsts nowadays.

I really get why the booklet says "literature by Jason Aalon Butler".

N0S3BLEED976

I don't really care for the lyrics, since some of them don't really make sense to me. Perhaps it's because I'm not familiar enough with english proverbs... What the heck does "The grass is cut, the snakes will show" even mean? Is it some kind of common american saying?
But as long as the phrases and words fit into the music, which they do, I'm fine with them.

Edit: Oh, and Dreamer's Disease and Virgin Dirt are my least favourite songs from the album. I don't really like the auto-tune chorus of DD and the second half of Virgin Dirt, where Jason repeats the phrase "If love is like a cancer, then sex is just a pill, so were making love to kill ourselves and we're fucking just to heal.". To me it's not as smart as some might think it is, but rather goofy. Other than that, "were making love to kill ourselves and we're fucking just to heal" doesn't make any sense to me cause it's contradictory.

DeftonesNZ

Have to agree with you there I can see what he going for and he's trying to sound deep but it's sloppy, the snake thing is sort of like seeing someone for who they really arem as in you cut the grass and they have no place to hide.And that love thing is contradictory unless he doesn't mean making love in the traditional since of having sex.  I feel like just over did it on this album tje lyrics are all over the place to the point were the meaning of the song lost and it just sounds like psuedo intellectual babble and it just ends up sounding goofy.

ANattyRat

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jul 07, 2013, 10:40 PM
I don't really care for the lyrics, since some of them don't really make sense to me. Perhaps it's because I'm not familiar enough with english proverbs... What the heck does "The grass is cut, the snakes will show" even mean? Is it some kind of common american saying?
But as long as the phrases and words fit into the music, which they do, I'm fine with them.

Edit: Oh, and Dreamer's Disease and Virgin Dirt are my least favourite songs from the album. I don't really like the auto-tune chorus of DD and the second half of Virgin Dirt, where Jason repeats the phrase "If love is like a cancer, then sex is just a pill, so were making love to kill ourselves and we're fucking just to heal.". To me it's not as smart as some might think it is, but rather goofy. Other than that, "were making love to kill ourselves and we're fucking just to heal" doesn't make any sense to me cause it's contradictory.

The saying is "The snake in the grass," so I take the lyrics to mean that if the grass has been cut, those snakes in the grass can be seen, ie the fakes/liars/etc. have shown themselves.

Different tastes for different people, but to me the lyrics make sense, but at the same time are very meaningful and clever, so gives an extra layer to the songs. They are my two favourites, though. Don't really like Younger.

nineteen

The auto tune is used as an instrument on this album. I dig it's style.