Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

VIP package available for the Orlando, Florida show 5-21-11?

Started by people_r_fake529, Feb 03, 2011, 12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

people_r_fake529

Hello everyone,
I was hoping one of the moderators or friends of the band could help me answer this question.  Me and my boyfriend are very psyched to go to the Orlando, Fl show at the Hard rock on 5-21-11, however, we wanted to purchase the $150 VIP package because we would love to meet the Deftones! However, we are getting bummed out because we have seen on the website, some of the shows, like Vancouver, Portland etc. have the link available to purchase the VIP package, and we can't find anywhere a link that says there will be VIP packages available for this Orlando show.  Ticks go on sale this Friday at 10:00am and we want to be able to purchase the VIP package if it's going to be available for this show.  Or is it possible, they are not doing the VIP package meet and greet thing for this show? Anyone who knows anything would be greatly appreciated:) Defheads Rule!

Vesanic

I am sorry but I don't know and I don't really know who you could ask either. I guess they'll add them later ? Defsteve maybe knows some more about that ?

people_r_fake529

Ok Vesanic, I appreciate the reply, hopefully we can find something out,  Anyone else on here going to the Orlando show?

defsteve

Maybe email ground(ctrl) to see if they plan on adding VIP for that show ?

http://groundctrl.com/contact/
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

people_r_fake529

Thank you very much Steve, I'll try that and hope for the best :)

people_r_fake529

I got my VIP TIX FOR THE ORLANDO SHOW!!!!!! I am so damn freaking excited I am going to get to meet the Deftones and get a picture with them!  My boyfriend bought it for me for an early birthday present!  Holy Shit, I hope they at least spend a few minutes with us and don't just push us through like cattle like some bands do!  Wow this is going to be one of the most awesome days of my life:) Anyone else going to the Orlando show or getting VIP tix hit me up:)

976-EVIL

Great News!!

You will not regret it. I had this experience last fall. See below, I am betting the set up for you in Orlando will be similar.

Went to the VIP experience in Charlotte 9/3. It was amazing.

There were quite a few of us and one of the tour roadies "Bob" met us out front after the soundcheck. He explained the deal and we went inside. There was a stack of lithographs on a table and we were told to take one. We chatted for a bit and then the band came out to our collective applause. The guys sat down at two folding tables and we all go in line for our items to be signed. Steph also brought in a small radio and when he sat down he hit play and out came some "Messugah" as our signing music.

The band signed my guitar, lithograph and a CD. Bob the roadie in charge said that this was the biggest VIP turnout of the tour so far and the smoothest as well. People had albums, drumheads, photos and even one guy had a small diecast deftones bike, the guys gladly signed everyhing with a smile and a handshake. After the signing line was complete, everyone took a group photo with the band. The next 15 minutes was spent talking with the band and taking individual photos.

The coolest thing was that all of the guys seemed to really enjoy the experience as much as we did. Chino, Abe and Sergio were very approachable, I can tell Frank is not a big fan of these types of things but he was friendly. I will confirm, as I have read from many on this site that Stephen Carpenter may be the coolest dude on the planet. When the meet and greet wrapped up I could not believe I even debated the $150 cost for this. I would have twice that if I knew how great it would be. I hope all of you who get the chance to do this have as great an experience as I did on September 3rd. It is good to know a band that creates the music I love so much are actually great humans as well.

DEFTONES OWN!!! Cheers!!!!!!!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

people_r_fake529

To 976-EVIL:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience meeting the guys with me, that makes me so much more excited too! I am going to have my boyfriend read your post because I literally had to beg him to spend $300.  I mean we are both fans, but I am a little bigger fan than he is, but thanks so much, for sharing, I can't wait! 

976-EVIL

No sweat People,

In fact the way the VIP Package reads for this your show, you guys will get a few more perks than I did. Have a great time, I know you guys will.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

people_r_fake529

Seriously, is there nobody on this  board that lives in Orlando that is coming to the Orlando show?

zac003

I am going to the orlando show that day. however, I waited too long to get the VIP package :(. Had to wait for some $$$$. Anyone know if I could find one ANYWHERE?!?!