Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Do you still download Torrents? (Copyright Infringement)

Started by Corleone, Feb 20, 2011, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

I've heard of people getting Copyright infringement letters in the mail for downloading some of the newer movies and music. Do you guys still download torrents? They are being tracked in the US and I think it's starting in Canada soon.

Anyone on here get a letter? Or know someone that has?

I heard if you don't reply there is nothing they can do.

::) :-\

bright lights, big city

no idea, I've converted most people I know to the simple google blogsearch method. Haven't used torrents in ages.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

Yeah that's what I prob should be doing. I know I'm safe from music, because most of the bands I like aren't with top record companies. But when it comes to movies I'm not sure, prob just going to have to stop downloading them once it's passed in Canada.

How does your Google blog-search work? Just search the name of the album + blog or something?

bright lights, big city

blogspot or the specific site that people upload to works. like type this into google: deftones white pony mediafire

searching blogsearch.google.com works too but you might have to sift through some pages of news or tour info until you find the actual album download

or finding specific blogs that upload good, new music. my favorite is http://alltimegreatesthits.baywords.com/
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 20, 2011, 05:33 PM
blogspot or the specific site that people upload to works. like type this into google: deftones white pony mediafire

searching blogsearch.google.com works too but you might have to sift through some pages of news or tour info until you find the actual album download

or finding specific blogs that upload good, new music. my favorite is http://alltimegreatesthits.baywords.com/

Have you figured out how to bypass the 25 minute wait times for Hotfile? That's too far between downloads.

lostpilot

well yeah, the only disadvantages of this are the waiting times, limited amount of downloads from one site plus my internet is ultra-shitty so most of the file-hosting services disallow continuation of download. = lots of fails when I am getting some music. Lots of angry me.

Oldnewtype

just get peerblocker, i run that when i download torrents. keeps them from seeing who you are.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 20, 2011, 06:36 PM
well yeah, the only disadvantages of this are the waiting times, limited amount of downloads from one site plus my internet is ultra-shitty so most of the file-hosting services disallow continuation of download. = lots of fails when I am getting some music. Lots of angry me.
I sometimes have that problem too, if for some reason I'm downloading a bunch of shit at once. Mediafire is probably the only one that lets me pause and successfully unpause downloads.

WIth the waiting issue, I typically solve that by finding a file from a different site. Like I would DL King of Limbs through mediafire, DL Amnesiac through megaupload, DL Kid A through hotfile, etc. all at once. I don't normally have that problem of having to wait half an hour to download my music.
DERP

poofing acid

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Jizzlobber

No i dont download torrents anymore...im keeping it old school, and buying my albums in exchange for money...

saving the purity of my computer too.
<

poofing acid

skinnypuppy

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Mar 08, 2011, 01:09 PM
No i dont download torrents anymore...im keeping it old school, and buying my albums in exchange for money...

saving the purity of my computer too.

A+

Back in the day when I was a scurvy pirate, I got a C&D letter from NBC telling me to knock it off and stop downloading 30 Rock.

godin

Im too broke to buy cds. and I sure as well won't stop finding new music
Dingus.