Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The advantage of honesty

Started by lukas989, Feb 21, 2011, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukas989

For many years, I lived alone - happily traipsing along, sans lady-friend, wallowing in the joys of not giving a fuck, making decisions willy-nilly fearing nothing but self loathing and frustration at my own stupidity.  These days, I find myself in a problematic position caused by my living alone style choice-making, whilst not in fact being alone at all, but with a foxy lady, obviously cock-a-hoop at finding herself in tow with me (not arrogance people, just matter-of-factedness).  See I'm working far away from our shared abode, which requires being away from the homestead 5 out of the 7 available weekdays, starting and finishing each of these 5 day periods away with a fuel sapping 175 mile trip.  As anyone in love can imagine, its a shit way to enjoy the fruits of a relationship, but necessary however, to, you know, make some beans and shit.  Recently I handed in my notice - determined to force myself into 'must get sorted' mode.  Alas nothing has been yet resolved, and I now find myself 4 days away from being unemployed.  On top of this, I haven't told my lady.  This ladies is the selfish act of man - of course theres exceptions to the rules - but in general taking for granted men are selfish inconsiderate twats is a safe thing to assume.  If you can handle putting from the rough, go lesbian.

wheresmysnare

Sounds like you tried to make a go of it by handing your notice in, far from a selfish act if you ask me. Weirdly i jacked my job in 24th dec to move up to where my gf lives, my notice runs out on the 24th feb but i managed to have a job to go to near her. It helped that i found my job to be a complete ball ache so i had an excuse to throw in the towel

lukas989

By golly I hope she sees it that way....but thinking positive, I've had a couple of positive (ish) emails about recent applications, so maybe it'll turn out to be one of those amusing anecdotes I share with her when we're entertaining the grandkids at Christmas.  Oh how we'll laugh I'm sure.

chick de la lynch

If there is one thing a woman hates is when a man isn't upfront with her. Just lay everything out. If she really cares about you, she'll understand and will probably think it's sweet if anything else. Never underestimate a woman's response. We're interesting yet very forgiving creatures.

lukas989

I told her the truth and she threw a plant pot at my face.  im writing this in the hospital complete with 17 stitches in my eyebrow.  Cheers Lynch.

Penicks

downtownpony

It's called The Policy of Truth.

Livewire

Quote from: lukas989 on Feb 21, 2011, 07:49 PM
Recently I handed in my notice - determined to force myself into 'must get sorted' mode.  Alas nothing has been yet resolved, and I now find myself 4 days away from being unemployed.  On top of this, I haven't told my lady.

It might have been a good idea to line up a new job before you quit your current (I guess now former) one. 

sing blue silver

Quote from: Livewire on Feb 25, 2011, 11:18 PM
Quote from: lukas989 on Feb 21, 2011, 07:49 PM
Recently I handed in my notice - determined to force myself into 'must get sorted' mode.  Alas nothing has been yet resolved, and I now find myself 4 days away from being unemployed.  On top of this, I haven't told my lady.

It might have been a good idea to line up a new job before you quit your current (I guess now former) one.  
this

chick de la lynch

Quote from: lukas989 on Feb 25, 2011, 08:27 PM
I told her the truth and she threw a plant pot at my face.  im writing this in the hospital complete with 17 stitches in my eyebrow.  Cheers Lynch.

That's upsetting to hear. Most women don't respond in this manner, really and I don't know too many women who would have thrown a plant pot at their boyfriend's face. I feel horrible. The truth had to come out though. I'm afraid how she would have reacted if you had waited to say anything.

lukas989

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Feb 26, 2011, 02:25 AM
Quote from: lukas989 on Feb 25, 2011, 08:27 PM

That's upsetting to hear. Most women don't respond in this manner, really and I don't know too many women who would have thrown a plant pot at their boyfriend's face. I feel horrible. The truth had to come out though. I'm afraid how she would have reacted if you had waited to say anything.

Nah - I was just messing.  Everythings hunky dory.  Just goes to show what an effective lying prick I can be...but yeah cheers for the advice :)

chick de la lynch

Ah boo! Glad everything worked out, though.

blixa

oh damn, i liked the pot plant to the face version. so much more dramatic.

Vesanic

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Feb 22, 2011, 01:49 AM
If there is one thing a woman hates is when a man isn't upfront with her.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA