Author Topic: TV Series  (Read 54677 times)

Offline chick de la lynch

• Elite
Re: TV Series
« Reply #20 on: Feb 26, 2011, 03:57 AM »
What's Luther about? I saw previews for it on BBC America and was slightly curious.

Cheese is amazing, period.
I think I might have feelings for you. But, alas, you are a spinster with a cat named Emily Dickinson.

I PREDICTED THIS, YOU BITCHES!!!

Even the cat named Emily Dickinson? Wow, you are good.

Offline bright lights, big city

• Organ Donator
  • Tits Up, S Corp.
    • Facebook Me!
« Reply #21 on: Feb 26, 2011, 04:39 AM »
so BBC America was completely taken off my OnDemand for Comcast. I'm ever so pissed.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Offline blixa

• Elite
    • who gives a crap
« Reply #22 on: Feb 27, 2011, 03:26 PM »
What's Luther about? I saw previews for it on BBC America and was slightly curious.

Cheese is amazing, period.
I think I might have feelings for you. But, alas, you are a spinster with a cat named Emily Dickinson.

I PREDICTED THIS, YOU BITCHES!!!

Even the cat named Emily Dickinson? Wow, you are good.

google it. i'm horrible at explaining the premise and context of things to people. it's just a very good british drama. and idris elba. HELLO.

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: Feb 27, 2011, 11:16 PM »
Idris Elba is very handsome, and can actually be funny. I liked him when he was on The Office,

poofing acid

« Reply #24 on: Feb 28, 2011, 12:16 AM »
Stringer Bell?

• Organ Donator
  • Tits Up, S Corp.
    • Facebook Me!
« Reply #25 on: Feb 28, 2011, 12:55 AM »
yeah dude, String! that smart m-fer.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Offline blixa

• Elite
    • who gives a crap
« Reply #26 on: Mar 01, 2011, 04:08 AM »
he's so much better with a british accent.

Offline defskull

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: Mar 01, 2011, 07:40 AM »
I just got finished with the second season of Parks and Recreation. It's a really good show and not only is it funny, but I'm impressed just how well thought out some of the story lines have been.  None of the story lines are rushed, they have been slowly building to help make the characters three dimensional.  Very impressive.

• Organ Donator
  • Tits Up, S Corp.
    • Facebook Me!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 01, 2011, 04:00 PM »
oh just wait till you get even more of Rob Lowe and Adam Scott in season 3.
DERP

black coffee

« Reply #29 on: Mar 01, 2011, 04:41 PM »
A good find of the last week: Rubicon , a tv series about a guy who works in a national think tank and finds out about a big conspiracy...

Also I enjoyed Party Down a lot, thanks for that.
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2011, 04:44 PM by black coffee »

• Elite
« Reply #30 on: Mar 02, 2011, 05:55 AM »
I just got finished with the second season of Parks and Recreation. It's a really good show and not only is it funny, but I'm impressed just how well thought out some of the story lines have been.  None of the story lines are rushed, they have been slowly building to help make the characters three dimensional.  Very impressive.

I'm very happy you got into that. Amy Pohler sells the show. Every time she's on screen she makes magic.

I just recently found a tumblr that's devoted to cats that look like Ron Swanson. It's pretty hilarious.

• Organ Donator
  • Tits Up, S Corp.
    • Facebook Me!
« Reply #31 on: Mar 02, 2011, 06:08 AM »
I just recently found a tumblr that's devoted to cats that look like Ron Swanson. It's pretty hilarious.
link me!

A good find of the last week: Rubicon , a tv series about a guy who works in a national think tank and finds out about a big conspiracy...
ahhh another show I watched...and another warning. It's been canceled after the 1 season. But I would still say it was worth watching. Slow at times, but damn it had a great story with brilliant writing and acting. Sadly, it's downfall was that no one watched it.
DERP

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: Mar 02, 2011, 06:39 AM »
link me!

Ask, and you shall receive.

http://catsthatlooklikeronswanson.tumblr.com/

Offline theis

• I Ban People
  • Global Moderator
  • Organ Donator
« Reply #33 on: Mar 03, 2011, 01:56 AM »
Almost done with Season 2 of Parks and Recreation. This show just keeps getting better.

I think I'm having a crush on April.

• Organ Donator
  • Tits Up, S Corp.
    • Facebook Me!
« Reply #34 on: Mar 03, 2011, 02:27 AM »
I know what you mean about April, the character has come a long way since the first season, when I couldn't stand her.

She's still got nothing on Rashida Jones though.
DERP

Offline theis

• I Ban People
  • Global Moderator
  • Organ Donator
« Reply #35 on: Mar 03, 2011, 02:34 AM »
Yeah, Rashida completely melts me. mmmh.

Oh, and Andy is FUCKING AWESOME. Easily my favorite character...with Tom and Ron not far behind.

• Organ Donator
  • Tits Up, S Corp.
    • Facebook Me!
« Reply #36 on: Mar 03, 2011, 03:44 AM »
That's what puts the show on an elite level for me. There is no bad character anymore. They all have hilarious lines, even Jerry.
DERP

• Elite
« Reply #37 on: Mar 03, 2011, 05:27 AM »
I think Andy is rather cute, albeit very stupid. But it's okay because it isn't an annoying stupid, just a funny stupid. I could see why April would want to tap that.

Offline defskull

• Elite
« Reply #38 on: Mar 03, 2011, 08:26 AM »
Yeah I just caught up with Parks & Rec.  Andy is great.  The thing about his stupidity is that it seems realistic.  He is an earnest, simple person just using all the knowledge he has to the best of his ability. The problem is that he just doesn't have much knowledge. But his effort in trying to do things is what makes it so endearing to watch.

• Elite
« Reply #39 on: Mar 04, 2011, 01:40 AM »
That's a pretty good assessment of Andy's character. He does have his moments where you're like "Oh, he does have a brain". He has a good heart, and overall he's just a very sweet guy. It just takes his brain a little time to catch up with his heart.