Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

TV Series

Started by black coffee, Feb 22, 2011, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

When I first saw it, I couldn't believe it was a Spielberg movie. Really unlike a lot of what he's done (especially from what I watched of his as a kid)

And with Game of Thrones, I'm kind of glad it's as soon as Spring 2012. The production value and getting that massive cast together seems like it would take much longer to create a season. I've also gotten into the books in the last month or so. Sadly, I couldn't resist finding out what happens and am into the second book.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

poofing acid

I don't care what everyone says.  I enjoyed falling skies.

deftjess

Quote from: poofing acid on Aug 09, 2011, 06:32 PM
I don't care what everyone says.  I enjoyed falling skies.

I like it to, it wasnt enough alien fighting i think thats way people dont like it.

bright lights, big city

Why the hell was Party Down canceled? 30 seconds of new Party Down is not enough.

Party Down Reunion on Childrens Hospital

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

So ridiculous that it got canceled.

poofing acid

Just watched the first episode of homeland.  Looks promising.

bright lights, big city

Just saw the pilot. It was fucking fantastic.
DERP

black coffee

Watched a couple episodes of Death Valley, that shit is funny.

bright lights, big city

So of all the new shows this year, only 3 have kept me watching. American Horror Story is one, and that's already got its own thread.

Homeland has been utterly fantastic for every episode so far. Definitely my favorite new show this year. Mandy Patinkin is great, as is his beard.

Boss starring Kelsey Grammer is awesome. Acting is phenominal, as is the setting, the directing, and the story is very intriguing since other than the very personal stuff   there's a lot of non-fiction to the plot. Plus there's tits.
DERP

poofing acid

With only 1 episode left, Homeland gets my vote for best new show.  Without a fucking doubt.

bright lights, big city

the ending of last night's episode was killer.
DERP

tarkil

I was disappointed with Homeland's ending... I felt like choices they made were too easy, and not really surprising, they just laid stuff so that they can have another season...
Seeing the quality of the show, maybe I just had too high expectations, but I couldn't help to be a bit disappointed...

How did you guys like it ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

jbmp1390

Quote from: tarkil on Jan 01, 2012, 04:41 AM
I was disappointed with Homeland's ending... I felt like choices they made were too easy, and not really surprising, they just laid stuff so that they can have another season...
Seeing the quality of the show, maybe I just had too high expectations, but I couldn't help to be a bit disappointed...

How did you guys like it ?

I had similar feelings

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

bright lights, big city

Did you really think they'd kill off Brody in the first season? This ain't Game of Thrones. I'm perfectly fine with the finale, and I like the direction they're going with Carrie. And Claire Danes seriously needs to win some major recognition for her role.
DERP

tarkil

I don't know, I'd expected more than what we were served... I wish they found a more original way to finish the season. Not necessarily killing Brody, as this would mean a 1 season only series, but something else... Anyway, it wasn't a bad finale, I just found it a little bit disappointing...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

black coffee

House of Lies could be a grower... those two episodes were really, and I mean really good. Anyone else watching it, too?

Crazylegs

Can't wait!

Has any of you watched Sherlock? It's really good.

bright lights, big city

I want the Khaleesi so bad. I'm with you on Sherlock, that show's awesome. I've been getting into some British series lately. Sherlock, Downton Abbey is pretty good, and Luther is balls to the wall amazing.

House of Lies is alright, I'm just not getting it yet. I'm sticking with it because I like some of the actors in it, but I honestly don't care about the characters after a couple episodes. They're kind of douchey. And not likeable-asshole-douchey like Seinfeld. More bro-douchey like Entourage.
DERP

Crazylegs

Luther is the one with Idris Elba, correct? I've been meaning to check that one out.