Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

TV Series

Started by black coffee, Feb 22, 2011, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

I rewatched the first 3 seasons of justified and the first season is a joke compared to what the show becomes.

Crazylegs

i'll never tire of trailer park boys

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Very glad NBC renewed Hannibal for a 2nd season :D This serie is the shit!!!!

bright lights, big city

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on May 31, 2013, 10:04 AM
Very glad NBC renewed Hannibal for a 2nd season :D This serie is the shit!!!!
Was gonna post the same thing! I love everything about this show: the directing, the horror movie references, Gillian Anderson, the murder/cooking montage, the fucked up murders, the showing of the gore on network television, hell even the outfits are badass!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Yeah, Hannibal is top notch TV.

black coffee

Revolution must be some of the worst shows of all time.

And as someone who watched Terra Nova and Falling Skies, I can definitely overlook certain weaknesses in a show- for instance that the characters always look like they just had a shower and then put on clean clothes ( which they cannot possibly have, same goes with access to clean water )

Another example - guns are working fine in this world, but cars don't? How is that supposed to make any sense?

But ok these are minor things - its rather the bad dialogues, terrible acting and the ridiculous decisions the characters make all the time. Takes away every slight chance to like a character.

Had to give up after two episodes.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Hank

been waiting for it

about to watch it in a few

Jacob

Quote from: black coffee on Jul 03, 2013, 10:28 PM
Another example - guns are working fine in this world, but cars don't? How is that supposed to make any sense?

I haven't seen the show but from what I understand electricity has been shut down by nanobots, hence cars not working. Guns don't use electricity.

Quote from: black coffee on Jul 03, 2013, 10:28 PM
But ok these are minor things - its rather the bad dialogues, terrible acting and the ridiculous decisions the characters make all the time. Takes away every slight chance to like a character.

Sounds like 90% of all modern american tv shows.

I finally got around to watching Mad Men. It's alright, has a good vibe to it, good acting and I like the 60's aesthetics. But nothing ever happens in this show. The plots are so lame. So many wasted oppurtunities. What is it really about? We barely get any insight in how they work, characters look like psychopaths one second only to be the sweetest most caring the next. Love affairs never lead anywhere but are ended with no explanation. Nothing ever takes off, there's no consistency. I'm almost done with the 3rd season and so far I really feel like very little has happened.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

black coffee

Quote from: Jacob on Jul 04, 2013, 03:35 PM
Guns don't use electricity.

It appears to me you don't understand how an engine works.

Engines are based on a controlled series of explosions. The pistons in an engine are forced to move with each explosion, and when the energy of the last explosion runs out, there is another one which gives your car the power to keep running.

In other words, it has shit to do with electricity.

Jacob

And how do you ingite the engine?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

black coffee

Nowadays most engines are initiated by electricity.. but not all of them. Pretty much all cars except for those with an electric starter should work fine in this world.

black coffee

ANYWAYS

did someone else watch Vikings? Ragnar Lodbrok was the coolest dude

Hank

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 03, 2013, 11:34 PM
Luther's back!

loved this seasons premiere.. can't wait to see where the story goes

one of the best TV series ever made for its genre

black coffee

must-watch: Ray Donovan with Liev Schreiber and Jon Voight!!!!

lostpilot

I'm sorry I don't come to this thread enough

1. VEEP is really really nice. It's very funny (especially if you appreciate something like Parks and Recreation), I wish there was more - two seasons only. Oh well! Recommend me something like this if you know some series, except for the Office. I know you all say it's awesome but I still haven't quite grown on it.

2. RAISING HOPE is heartwarmingly fun and strange/fucked up in some nice ways. Also, I felt strong resemblance to My Name is Earl which was also enjoyable. I wonder how different would it be to watch these shows if I was american?

3. Fuck DEFIANCE, because I always expect so much more out of a sci-fi series. It's so.. costumy and predictable. I really really hope it will get better any time soon.

4. New season of DEXTER got me excited again, it's beautiful, it's dark, it's psychological. Except for occasional awkwardness and cheesiness.

5. New season of TRUE BLOOD is acceptable. I got used to far out witchery and series' own genre

6. Guilty pleasure: sometimes I watch America's Next Top Model. It's quite intense and very white-trashy if you can bear the actual "fashion" and "models" element. Amusing white trash tv. Bitch I'm fabulous.

7. THROUGH THE WORMHOLE is brilliant. And guess who's narrating this easy-science-and-metaphysics theme and gorgeous imagery! Something like PLANET EARTH which I love absolutely. Especially with some 420

8. UNDER THE DOME is just some new series that are trying to be as mysterious as Lost. I hope it gets better because so far - rather formulaic.

Crazylegs

OH MY FUCK. The latest episode of Luther...

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jul 21, 2013, 01:26 AM
OH MY FUCK. The latest episode of Luther...
NOOOO
DERP

bebo

Quote from: lostpilot on Jul 14, 2013, 11:37 PM

7. THROUGH THE WORMHOLE is brilliant. And guess who's narrating this easy-science-and-metaphysics theme and gorgeous imagery! Something like PLANET EARTH which I love absolutely. Especially with some 420

Thank you for reminding me to watch this. If you like space/physics, definitely check out How the Universe Works. Great show, presented wonderfully too

lostpilot

Quote from: bebo on Jul 25, 2013, 09:17 AM
Thank you for reminding me to watch this. If you like space/physics, definitely check out How the Universe Works. Great show, presented wonderfully too

I will check it!!

Plus, all of you have to watch PLANET EARTH because it's amazing.