Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

TV Series

Started by black coffee, Feb 22, 2011, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

It's varies a lot. Don't get your hopes up too much. Actually, watch show me a hero instead, if you haven't already.

downtownpony

I gave up on Mr. Robot after the third episode. Show me a hero has good ratings, but I 'm afraid it will just be the same old Hollywood trope of ignorant, racist, white people being made to realize the truth of how forced diversity can only be beneficial to their lives. I'll still give it a go.

lostpilot

well MR.ROBOT is a specific tv show, but the production quality and writing is great. And it's very intriguing

blixa

i really liked it. rami malek is great!

bright lights, big city

best new show of the year. hands down, for me at least.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Vesanic

Fucking loved Mr. Robot. Great cast, smart plot, intriguing twists, although I guessed from the second episode that

[spoiler]he was Mr. Robot. Now I'm wondering if they're not just fucking with him and his fragile psyche.[/spoiler]

Any thoughts on The Leftovers? I'm halfway through season one and man, I'm absolutely fucking lost. It remains fascinating somehow, not in a "Lost" way, I'd say it's different. Although I want to slap Laurie everytime for being such a silent cunt. I do hope there's a decent conclusion to this maze.

bright lights, big city

I'm in love with The Leftovers. It's hard to not compare it to Lost, though. The journey is incredible and interesting, its loaded with great writing and great characters (and music). And that's really what the show is about, I think. The mystery just won't get solved, if it ever does.

The 2nd season credits music is even titled "Let the Mystery Be". Total troll move.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Vesanic

Dude, that scene with Nora, to Slayer. Holy fuck.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

You guys have my number when it comes to tv, haha. So Nick Offerman's character is basically Walter Sobchek from Big Lebowski, right? Please?
DERP

Crazylegs

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 18, 2015, 03:17 AM
You guys have my number when it comes to tv, haha. So Nick Offerman's character is basically Walter Sobchek from Big Lebowski, right? Please?

I didn't think about that, but it sure seems like he was an inspiration. There were so many good moments in that first episode alone, man. This gon be gud!

Vesanic

I'm up to date with The Leftovers. First season finale was something, man, now I get why the show's got that depressive rep. I predict a good future for this show, it's getting way better. The intro to the second season was unreal and the first two episodes definitely got me going.

I'm digging the music choices on current shows. Mr. Robot has Bohren, Pixies, Leftovers has Slayer, Pixies, and Metallica among others. Pretty rad. Pretty shrewd to use Santo & Johnny's Sleepwalk.

Martin

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

DeftonesNZ

The .com.co kind of gave it away

Vesanic

Quote from: tarkil on Oct 29, 2015, 09:40 AM
(unfortunately)

I disagree wholeheartedly. I hate how many great shows and movies are getting a sequel, out of a pure moneymaking ambition, these days. Leave Breaking Bad the way it ended (and I say that while not liking the end myself), the way it's supposed to be.

Give me some Better Call Saul instead!

bright lights, big city

Quote from: MrVesanique on Oct 29, 2015, 06:10 PM
Quote from: tarkil on Oct 29, 2015, 09:40 AM
(unfortunately)

I disagree wholeheartedly. I hate how many great shows and movies are getting a sequel, out of a pure moneymaking ambition, these days. Leave Breaking Bad the way it ended (and I say that while not liking the end myself), the way it's supposed to be.

Give me some Better Call Saul instead!
This exactly. Why would we ever want another season after the perfection of S5? And indeed, gimme more BCS!
DERP

tarkil

Fair enough, I don't disagree with you guys, ending was good as it was, no need to add to it...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.