Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

TV Series

Started by black coffee, Feb 22, 2011, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Haha nice.

I finished Season 2 last night. Great stuff. But, why couldn't Andy just have shut his mouth about Ann kissing him? I was stoked that he and April were FINALLY hooking up and then he ruins it.

Oh, and so awesome that Adam Scott and Rob Lowe have joined the cast...especially Adam Scott. Love that guy.

bright lights, big city

yeah because of those 2 guys, I think season 3 is even better than 2.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

Quote from: theis on Mar 04, 2011, 01:50 PM
Haha nice.

I finished Season 2 last night. Great stuff. But, why couldn't Andy just have shut his mouth about Ann kissing him? I was stoked that he and April were FINALLY hooking up and then he ruins it.

But that's Andy for you. He has nothing to hide.

Also, Rob Lowe is pretty good so far in season 3.  I love his positive energy and I love the reason behind this too.  And the episode with Adam Scott forced to talk on the radio and tv was just great.

theis

The Flu episode was fucking hysterical!

"You had me at Meat Tornado". Haha, love Ron.

chick de la lynch

"When I'm done eating a Mulligan's meal, for weeks afterwards, there are flecks of meat in my mustache. And I refuse to clean it because every now and then a piece of meat will fall into my mouth." Classic Ron Swanson.

I am loving Adam Scott on Parks and Recreation. He definitely adds normalcy to the rest of the cast, while being funny at the same time. I'd really like Ben and Leslie to get together. They would look cute together.

defskull

Adam Scott is a really good actor and has such a wide range.  He can play the straight man and the weird supporting character both very well.  He can also act in dramas as well.

chick de la lynch

I watched the first episode of Party Down a month ago and I thought he was funny and charming without being over the top. I don't know why I stopped watching that. I also got half way through the first season of LOST, too. It's not that they're uninteresting shows. I guess I've been distracted lately. That, and watching tv shows is more time consuming than watching one movie. I need to start watching those shows again.

defskull

I disagree. I think watching tv is so much easier than watching a movie.  With a movie I have to invest at least an hour and a half of time but with a tv show you are only required to invest a minimum of 20 minutes. 

devilinside

Shameless
Big Love
Californication <3

blixa

i've caught two episodes of 'dead set'. i wish i had seen it from the beginning. it's really witty.

black coffee

Quote from: defskull on Mar 07, 2011, 06:05 AM
I disagree. I think watching tv is so much easier than watching a movie.  With a movie I have to invest at least an hour and a half of time but with a tv show you are only required to invest a minimum of 20 minutes. 

It obviously depends on the Tv Series you're watching. One Breaking Bad episode is 45minutes, so watching two equals a movie. And if I watch an episode, a second one is more than likely to follow afterwards. But maybe it's just me.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: defskull on Mar 07, 2011, 06:05 AM
I disagree. I think watching tv is so much easier than watching a movie.  With a movie I have to invest at least an hour and a half of time but with a tv show you are only required to invest a minimum of 20 minutes.  

See that sounds like more of a hassle, because I'm one of those people that cannot just watch one episode. Especially if it's a show I can really get into. I watched the first two seasons of Dexter within a two day time period--very time consuming. Watching a movie, however, it's done after two hours.

defskull

True. I very rarely only watch one episode at a time for a show. But I guess I like the mindset that I'm not required to put as much time into it.  I hate watching movies and having to stop in the middle for something so if something were to come up all of a sudden I like that with tv I have more chances to have a good ending point and go do what I need to do.

black coffee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_Skies

New science fiction tv series, created by Steven Spielberg. Looking forward to it!

bright lights, big city

I've got some hopes for Falling Skies. Spielberg usually hits the alien theme dead on, and for him to go into the tv medium is intriguing. But the network it's on and that it's starring Noah Wyle are some warning signs for me.

I've been loving this new series on FX called Lights Out, about an older boxer coming out of retirement due to several issues
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lights_Out_%282011_TV_series%29
Got some good writing and acting, including a couple dudes from The Wire. They're setting up a sweet finale in a couple weeks, hopefully with no big cliffhangers because I have a feeling that it'll be another good show to be canceled after only one year.
DERP

blixa

does anyone know where i can watch 'justified' online?

bright lights, big city

I haven't had to try downloading the show online but usually a quick google search of "justified + episode title + megaupload" finds some working link. But that gets time consuming since it's about 20 episodes in now. So I found this http://eszacktvseries.blogspot.com/2010/12/justified-mediafire-links.html only got the first 16 episodes and it seems to need real media video player, but the links look solid.
Or get netflix.
DERP

blixa

what's netflix? i live in australia and i don't have cable. just normal tv. BUT I NEED MY TIM OLYPHANT FIX :/

i will google it though.

bright lights, big city

understandable. i, too, need a weekly olyphant fix.
DERP