Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

TV Series

Started by black coffee, Feb 22, 2011, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MommaBear

What about The Killing?  I missed the very first episode, but I've seen the ones that follow.  Do I need to go back to the very first?  Because I feel like I am missing the point of the politician in the story line?

bright lights, big city

Quote from: MommaBear on Apr 19, 2011, 08:55 PM
What about The Killing?  I missed the very first episode, but I've seen the ones that follow.  Do I need to go back to the very first?  Because I feel like I am missing the point of the politician in the story line?
yeah you probably should check it out. It set everything up nicely for the whole series. The new detective, Holder, is so good on that show. Probably my favorite character.

Quote from: blixa on Apr 19, 2011, 08:08 AM
you had me at sean bean.

did you get around to watching the red riding trilogy?
yes! I did a few months ago, and loved it. I still don't get how I never heard about it until you mentioned it. Should be a lot more popular. And I didn't mention it earlier but one of the other main characters in Game of Thrones is Mark Addy, who was Piggot in 1983.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

OH FUCK ME! I GOTTA WATCH THIS NOW.

read the books. they're so well written.

sing blue silver

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Apr 19, 2011, 08:06 PM
Quote from: blixa on Apr 19, 2011, 07:29 AM
i'm knees deep into community. such a great show. it's sort of a confusing time for me right now because i'm still on season one of community and season four of the wire. they're both being meshed together in my head. such a bad mix hahaha

i love seƱor chang.

I'm really glad you like the show. It's one of those shows you can watch when you're having a bad day and then suddenly you feel better. Unfortunately it's not doing so hot in the States, but I heard they're picking it up for another season so it must be doing well enough.

i loved the first season, then i stopped paying attention half way through the second season. it started getting way too heavy on the romantic angle of things, glorified the asshole that is jeff winger to an unrealistic extent, and fell into some classic sitcom stereotypes that it had avoided in the first season.  it just felt a lot more fresh then. maybe it got better after i stopped watching. still i love the first season and i think donald glover has a bright future in comedy.

chick de la lynch

Yeah I kind of feel that way, too. This season feels a little more melodramatic than the first season, and Jeff seems like bigger dick these days but somehow the characters still manage to remain likable. The past few episodes have been funny and impressive, so I forgive it for maybe going into a mainstream direction but not really mainstream. I think it has still remained loyal to the geek fan base, and when you compare it to everything else on television, there's nothing like it out there.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Apr 20, 2011, 08:02 AM
I think it has still remained loyal to the geek fan base, and when you compare it to everything else on television, there's nothing like it out there.
It totally has. The show still features incredible writing and story ideas. They've mastered the one-off episode. Like the Halloween one, the Pulp Fiction episode, the paintball episode, etc.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i haven't started season two yet, but i will say that the paintball episode was really good. i think all the side characters really make it great for me. vaughn was just fantastic and i cannot say enough about the dean.

sing blue silver

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Apr 20, 2011, 08:02 AM
Yeah I kind of feel that way, too. This season feels a little more melodramatic than the first season, and Jeff seems like bigger dick these days but somehow the characters still manage to remain likable. The past few episodes have been funny and impressive, so I forgive it for maybe going into a mainstream direction but not really mainstream. I think it has still remained loyal to the geek fan base, and when you compare it to everything else on television, there's nothing like it out there.

I felt Jeff Winger went from likable asshole to Complete douchebag. I also hate how all the other characters treat him like royalty. I just never got why they went that direction with him. He kind of ruins the show for me a lot of the time because I hate him so much and they glorify him so much. Also not enough Chevy Chase anymore.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Apr 20, 2011, 05:44 PM
i haven't started season two yet, but i will say that the paintball episode was really good. i think all the side characters really make it great for me. vaughn was just fantastic and i cannot say enough about the dean.
Yes! The dean is great. Another good one is.....

STARBURNS!!
DERP

sing blue silver

starburns owns.

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 19, 2011, 09:15 PM
yeah you probably should check it out. It set everything up nicely for the whole series. The new detective, Holder, is so good on that show. Probably my favorite character.

have you seen the original version? that's the one i was talking about. it was beautiful. ahh, denmark.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Apr 23, 2011, 05:02 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 19, 2011, 09:15 PM

have you seen the original version? that's the one i was talking about. it was beautiful. ahh, denmark.
i haven't, but i will eventually. however, i've read various articles that supposedly this is one of those rare occasions that the remake is superior to the original, and that this new version has made changes for the better.

the american version is very good, but i will eventually see both series for myself.
DERP

blixa

i haven't seen the american version but i caught a few episodes of the danish one and it is very well done.

have you seen durham county? i just caught an episode tonight. fuck me, why do i come into good shows midway?

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Apr 23, 2011, 06:01 PM
i haven't seen the american version but i caught a few episodes of the danish one and it is very well done.

have you seen durham county? i just caught an episode tonight. fuck me, why do i come into good shows midway?
i never heard of it, but i looked it up, and it looks interesting. i'm such a sucker for drawn-out detective dramas. and it also has the lovely Michelle Forbes in it, who's also in The Killing coincidentally.
DERP

blixa

she was in true blood. she always plays characters i hate hahaha. i used to watch ten minutes of durham county and then switch off because it's on right after graham norton. i stayed with it last week though and i'm glad. i kind of had that sinking feeling where i thought, 'crap, i don't need to come upon another good show!'

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Apr 26, 2011, 07:40 AM
'crap, i don't need to come upon another good show!'
i have the same thoughts whenever a new cable series starts up. there are just so many good dramas out there nowadays.

Quote from: blixa on Apr 26, 2011, 07:40 AM
she was in true blood. she always plays characters i hate hahaha.
she's really good in this so far. i haven't seen true blood yet. she's still a really good looking woman, but i remember when i first saw her in Homicide: Life on the Streets like 15 years ago. she sported some short hair that did it for me, kinda like mia wallace from pulp fiction. but like you said, even in that show her character was not very likable.
DERP

blixa

i abhorred her in true blood. she was the biggest bitch. i was so happy when they killed her off.

theis

bright lights, big city

that episode was pure genius. and something certain vegetarians 'round these parts might enjoy.
DERP

theis

I laughed so hard in that scene. Simply comedic gold.

Ron Swanson for President!