Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

TV Series

Started by black coffee, Feb 22, 2011, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

Jauffre sure put them bitches in their place.

bright lights, big city

fucking hate that kid so much
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

on topic, this happened as the episode was airing over here. sounds like 'most interesting man in the world'. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2003338/Sean-Bean-stabbed-arm-following-row-glamour-model-April-Summers.html
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

tarkil

So I guess Game of Thrones is over for this year... Any info on when is the next season starting ?
From the books, it should be better than this one, for sure !!!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

bright lights, big city

Filming starts next month and it's supposed to air again in Spring 2012. And that can't come fast enough, I can't wait to see what happens next (I'm trying to hold off on reading the books). It's amazing how many crucial characters get killed off in a first season, yet they still manage to make every single scene important and entertaining.
DERP

black coffee

Spring 2012? shitttttttttttt

Now I hope Falling Skies won't disappoint.
I'm gonna watch that "two hour series premiere" tonight, which is actually 90 minutes long. Bloody liars at TNT.

tarkil

Spring 2012 shit indeed !!! Thank God I read the books, but fuck, I'm dying to see the rest of the series...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

black coffee

Falling Skies is so cheesy!
I fell asleep while watching the first episode.

"hey daddy our planet gets fucked by aliens, many people die and we've got nothing to eat, but still its my birthday so where is my present and birthday cake?"

That is just beyond stupid.

blixa

just finished watching the first episode of season 4 of true blood. 10 minutes in and i already hated bill compton.

errrriiiiic.

bright lights, big city

booooo watch Treme instead.
DERP

blixa

two episodes in and this season is really bloody good.

i see treme has david simon's name on it. i'm intrigued. but i still have to download and watch game of thrones.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Jun 28, 2011, 06:02 PM
two episodes in and this season is really bloody good.

i see treme has david simon's name on it. i'm intrigued. but i still have to download and watch game of thrones.
understandable, GoT trumps all other shows.
DERP

blixa

the babe that is sean bean.

bright lights, big city

gotta love The Bean. best Bond villain, Ned Stark is badass, BOROMIR!!
DERP

blixa

awesome in red riding too. he's been good in everything i've seen him in. he has a gorgeous accent hahaha

black coffee

So I decided to give Falling Skies another try, and it turned out to be a waste of time.
It's too polished, too Steven Spielbergish, often illogical (and I know this is Sci-Fi )

For example they're joking around while aliens destroy a town nearby... what the fuck? Are they not scared to death?

The action scenes are allright, but the series is like 70% family drama with boring dialogues which sound like most dialogues in Spielberg movies.
Just like this one:

"Frank, I'm not gonna make it... buhuhuhu"

"Wait, I help you. Come on, take my hand! Baby, take my hand, we're gonna make it"

"Wuff Wuff"

"Spike, get the rope! Yes, the rope! You're a good dog. Bring it to me, drag it, drag it!!

"Wuff"

"Uargh. pffff hurrrrrrrr"

"Drag harder Spike!
"Wuff Wuff"

Don't let it go, Darling, don't! Dear god, don't let her go! You're gonna make it!"

"Margereeeeeeeet"

"noooooooooooo"

CUT

lukas989

Duel is still my favourite Speilberg flick.  Oh and Indy.

bright lights, big city

holy shit DUEL. you might be the first person I know of in my age group that even knows about that movie.

That sucks about Falling Skies, I've been wanting to try it out, but several people have warned me it's not worth it. This has been my summer tv watching: Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Louie, Wilfred. And re-watching Game of Thrones with some friends. God I love that show.
DERP

black coffee

How can they start the 2nd Game of Thrones season in May 2012, what am I supposed to do until then? Re-watching the first with some buddies actually sounds like a plan.

lukas989

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 25, 2011, 05:16 PM
holy shit DUEL. you might be the first person I know of in my age group that even knows about that movie.

I remember watching Duel when I was like 9 or something...had me on the edge of my seat.  It pops up on one of the main channels every year or two at like 1 in the morning and I always make a point of recording it, and forcing someone to watch it with me.  Theyre always like Wow, really??'  when I tell em its Steve first.