Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Who are your idols/ influences?

Started by BillyNo.9, Feb 24, 2011, 01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

well yeah, it's a huge step for me personally.
self-denial is over.

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Feb 25, 2011, 12:21 AM
I'm curious though, so what happened you had a hetero life just to cover up and got with girls and stuff?

self-denial mostly. Being selfish and trying to prove myself wrong.. so yeah. :)

Corleone

awesome, you prob feel alot better.

you sure my sig doesn't give a bit of a boner? Isn't everyone slighly gay? I heard that somewhere.

defskull

Should this thread be changed to Lostpilot's Coming Out Party?

sing blue silver

Quote from: defskull on Feb 25, 2011, 05:21 AM
Should this thread be changed to Lostpilot's Coming Out Party?

i vote yes

Variable

blixa

darius, i like you even more as a gay man.

blixa

two influences overall and they're both in the same image:

shine down unshy

Darius is one of my influences.  Good for you, man.

BillyNo.9

Change it i dont mind. Just dont be so fucking rude Variable. You never know what might come out of a thread.  This one turned out well cuz people are getting personal. I noticed lostpilot was gay on the +/- thread a week ago :)

chick de la lynch

Quote from: theis on Feb 24, 2011, 07:45 PM
Darius is gay and sing blue silver is bi. This board surprises me every day.

Seriously. Sing blue silver just got a little more attractive. I've always wanted to date a bi guy.

Variable

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Feb 26, 2011, 12:45 AM
Change it i dont mind. Just dont be so fucking rude Variable. You never know what might come out of a thread.  This one turned out well cuz people are getting personal. I noticed lostpilot was gay on the +/- thread a week ago :)
Obviously the only reason this thread turned out OK, was because of the direction I turned it.  Instead of just being another lame ass survey thread.  So shut up. 

I guess we can give Darius a little bit of credit too.

Darius, I don't know how I missed this.  But you're my boy.  So I hope you know, if I ever make any gay jokes (which I most certainly will) There is no real hate involved..................  I feel like we should high 5 or something to make this moment seem as platonic as possible. 

lostpilot

BillyNo.9

Variable im intrested to know who your influences are in life.

Starz

Variable

good point.  I do often get inspired at my own awesomeness. 

Dude I don't know.  That's a pretty vague question when you really think about it.  I guess I could be like " OH CONO MORONO and Adam Jones!" but really, if you really want to know who helped makeme, me;  It goes a little further than my favorite artist and stuff.  Mainly  because I had a huge shift where I was raised as a Christian conservative Republican.  Now I would say that I'm more of an Atheist Libertarianism.  But I still have that foundation, you know what I mean?

Anyways to make this simple.  Deftones, Tool, Isis, NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters.....these bands really changed a lot in my life around 10 years ago or so.
Quite a few politicians who rally challenge the status quo and challenge their country to be better are a pretty big influence.  Ron Paul, Jessee Ventura ( I know, but I love him ), Bobby Kennedy, John Locke, Ludwig Von Mises.......to name a few
Salvador Dali is my by far my single favorite painter.
When it comes to comedy......Right now Daniel Tosh is the only name that comes to  mind.  OH and Mitch Hedberg.  I can pretty much watch any episode of comedy central presents and really enjoy myself though.
But when it comes down to it.  I have been in the Navy for a little over 5 years.  Seen a lot of places and done a lot of things.  Thats a pretty  big influence too.

Variable

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 26, 2011, 01:07 PM

Is it weird that I actually did it?  I kind of feel like you might have been doing it at the same time and we had a moment?  Please say yes. 

BillyNo.9

Intresting man. Thanks for that insight. When you know who enspires you it makes things clearer. So i though it would be a good thread for people to reflect or whatever.

Variable

Just remember.  There ARE such things as too many survey threads......

lostpilot

Quote from: Variable on Feb 26, 2011, 07:35 PM
Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 26, 2011, 01:07 PM

Is it weird that I actually did it?  I kind of feel like you might have been doing it at the same time and we had a moment?  Please say yes. 

I did, lol. I feel special now :D

Variable

I got strangely excited about that.  We should probably put it away.