Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones European Summer Tour 2011

Started by Vesanic, Mar 04, 2011, 06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starz

I shall be at the London show on my own tomorrow :( sad times, but if anyone wants to meet up before

pissedandpierced

I'm sure I'll be mooching around before. Our train  gets in at three but I wanna go to Selfridges and Liberty before hand.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

aj

so looks like the band fucked their London fans yet again - Combat and Boys Republic nowhere to be seen.

whilst the show was actually really good, I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I am getting increasingly resentful for the fact that the band doesn't seem to ever want to play anything special here anymore. I've seen the band 14 times now and only once, way back in 2001, have I been left surprised by a choice of track (Damone). Actually, Chino played the opening bars of Riviere, up until the first chorus, which I captured on video.

Nonetheless, setlist was similar to last night (minus the abovementioned tracks) and Chino confirmed that the band would be returning to the US to make a new record. He then went on to say it would be a techno record, but I guess we can all discount that.

@pissedandpierced - i was on level 1 and noticed you exhibited a master class in pitfloor migration! You started off at the back left and somehow during the course of the first hour ended up near to the front on the right.

Starz

Chino was on fire, definitely had a good nights sleep after the Amsterdam show. He was singing all these random songs between Deftones songs and went crazy during Engine No.9, screaming down Sergio's mic for a bit of it as he dropped his own mic. Talking of Sergio, his screams especially during Summer are getting much better.

I think we need to come to the conclusion that for Deftones shows in the future, we will no longer hear rare songs anymore, ever. Even more so now that they're gonna go write a new record and when they tour that it will leave even less room for rarer songs to be played. Like Chino said at the Amsterdam show, they don't even know how to play half the rare shit we wanna hear which sucks for us. I've seen them play most of the songs I've wanted them to play but Battle-Axe is still something I need to see live but I don't think they'll ever play that again unless it's for a 10 year anniversary of S/T maybe.

But yeah, good show in the end. Am seeing them at Reading Festival this Friday and that will probably be the last time I'll see them live for a while.

Vesanic

I don't know, man. During the conversation with Sly, dawg and me, he did say he had been thinking about making a tour with some more rare stuff. Besides, I've read somewhere that Stef always suggests to change the setlists up but in the end, it's a band decision. I do think they want to play some rare shit, but they just never take the time to rehearse it.

tarkil

Deftones, lazy !?!?!?!?!?!!??

No way.................................

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

rufas

Quote from: aj on Aug 24, 2011, 11:26 PM

whilst the show was actually really good, I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I am getting increasingly resentful for the fact that the band doesn't seem to ever want to play anything special here anymore. I've seen the band 14 times now and only once, way back in 2001, have I been left surprised by a choice of track (Damone).

You weren't at the Scala show then :-p

so looks like the band fucked their London fans yet again

whoa, that's utter bullshit! You don't sound like someone who just saw their favourite band . . .in London for the third time in less than 18 months?!? That's good going imo.

aj

Quote from: rufas on Aug 25, 2011, 07:18 AM

whilst the show was actually really good, I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I am getting increasingly resentful for the fact that the band doesn't seem to ever want to play anything special here anymore. I've seen the band 14 times now and only once, way back in 2001, have I been left surprised by a choice of track (Damone).

You weren't at the Scala show then :-p

so looks like the band fucked their London fans yet again

whoa, that's utter bullshit! You don't sound like someone who just saw their favourite band . . .in London for the third time in less than 18 months?!? That's good going imo.

I was at the Scala, but they played Adrenaline in its entirety on several occasions in the run up to it, so wasn't a surprise at all.

Good going that they tour here regularly versus some other places in Europe, but I am just massively disappointed that the excellent gesture at the Paradiso wasn't repeated last night.

Vesanic

Longstem

Back home from a nice trip Amsterdam and London!
Had an awesome time and saw Deftones in great shape...now taking some rest and full report coming up later on

Good night SL!!!!!.

tarkil

Good for you man ! Will be waiting for the reports then...  :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Starz

Anyone else going Reading Festival today? I shall be there but not on my own this time. I will be with a girl who is my girlfriend

Vesanic

Hell, I wish. Deftones and glassJAw on the same festival...

pissedandpierced

I didn't really enjoy the London show. It was the 15th time I'd seen them live, I wasn't impressed with the setlist, I thought the sound was shit and it didn't have the same kinda atmosphere that I normally feel when I've seen them live. I think they need a break, they just seemed to go through the motions. Also, the fact that two of the most stinkiest girls stood next to me and decided to have a go didn't help, seriously, women should never smell like they did. We even left earlier than we had planned.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007