Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones European Summer Tour 2011

Started by Vesanic, Mar 04, 2011, 08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mAscArA81

i'll travel around the world only to see them but not everyone has the freedom to go everywhere , my work make that impossible... i can express my sadness when i  see  they will go like 4 or more times in the same country and 2 in mine....

BillyNo.9

Quote from: defsteve on Apr 03, 2011, 06:06 PM
Quote from: rufas on Apr 03, 2011, 02:24 PM
defsteve, what is your opinion on the likelihood of a UK headline gig in the same week as reading/leeds?   :)

I would say yes.

Where would it be? London?

Vesanic

New date

August 31st 2011 - Pirita kloostri varemed, Tallinn, Estonia

New recap:

August 12th 2011 - Sziget Festival, Budapest, Hungary
August 13th 2011 - Arenele Romane, Bucharest, Romania
August 14th 2011 - Spirit of Burgas Festival, Burgas, Bulgaria
August 16th 2011 - Rock In Summer Festival, Warsaw, Poland
August 18th 2011 - LKA Longhorn, Stuttgart, Germany
August 19th 2011 - Pukkelpop Festival, Hasselt, Belgium
August 20th 2011 - Area4 Festival, Luedinghausen, Germany
August 21st 2011 - Highfield Festival, Grosspoesna, Germany
August 23rd 2011 - Paradiso, Amsterdam, Holland
August 26th 2011 - Reading Festival, UK
August 27th 2011 - Leeds Festival, UK
August 28th 2011 - Rock En Seine Festival, Saint-Cloud, France
August 31st 2011 - Pirita kloostri varemed, Tallinn, Estonia
September 2nd 2011 - Glav Club, Saint Petersburg, Russia
September 3rd 2011 - Arena Moscow, Moscow, Russia

vinsanity

Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

Vesanic

defsteve

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Apr 26, 2011, 10:09 PMWhere would it be? London?

We're travelling to Reading for the Friday so hopefully the Thursday in London. Although it could be anywhere. Liverpool would be nice....but would be a ballache to travel to London the next day and then back up to Leeds the day after. Haha!

Guess we will know soon if there will be a UK headliner at all. They might throw a curveball and not play one  :o
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

rufas

Quote from: defsteve on Apr 27, 2011, 02:23 PM
Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Apr 26, 2011, 10:09 PMWhere would it be? London?

We're travelling to Reading for the Friday so hopefully the Thursday in London. Although it could be anywhere. Liverpool would be nice....but would be a ballache to travel to London the next day and then back up to Leeds the day after. Haha!

Guess we will know soon if there will be a UK headliner at all. They might throw a curveball and not play one  :o

Liverpool would be awesome, I'm moving there in a few weeks!

I think it's very likely to be London, or somewhere close by within the M40 corridor. . If they are up for doing a small gig, it could be anywhere - London, Oxford..... If they want to do a decent size I assume they would do somewhere in London. If they want to be cunts, they will do a Glasgow or Manchester show just to spread themselves about as other bands do sometimes. If they want to be prize cunts they won't play a headline set at all.

Would love to see them at Reading but fuck am I buying a day ticket for that price!

Hopefully as others have said we will find out soon. Here's hoping guys :)

BillyNo.9

Liverpool or Manchester plz deftones. Is there any ''secret band name'' shit involved when they do this?

defsteve

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Apr 28, 2011, 01:58 AM
Liverpool or Manchester plz deftones. Is there any ''secret band name'' shit involved when they do this?

Nah.

Vesanic

defsteve

Still no news on a UK headliner. Maybe this time they will just chillax in Amsterdam before flying in for Reading/Leeds.

Still hopeful though

rufas

I'm still hopeful too. . They have announced the small London gigs before with just 8 weeks or so notice ..  .So I think we may have another month or so of waiting before we can write it off. . . . The european dates are still trickling though  . . .all we can take from this is that it's a venue the band arn't that worried about selling out in a minimum amount of time!!!  ;)

defsteve

Quote from: rufas on May 09, 2011, 08:56 AMall we can take from this is that it's a venue the band arn't that worried about selling out in a minimum amount of time!!!  ;)

I'm thinking this....

endstand

will they play in Poland for the first time?
hello memory lover, you are mine

rufas

Law

Am moving to Stuttgart in around a month, and conveniently Deftones are playing in August! Kann ich nicht wart!

Raswid

Quote from: endstand on May 13, 2011, 09:33 AM
will they play in Poland for the first time?

Yes, for the firts time :D We have waited for this concert for so long and finally Deftones wil come to us :D

defsteve

London's 02 Shepherds Bush Empire on August 24

Tickets on sale 18/05/2011 at 09:00

http://www2.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?artist=deftones

rufas

Quote from: defsteve on May 16, 2011, 07:34 PM

So stoked for this. Can't wait.

Does anyone know if they do those o2 presale things for the Sheperds Bush Empire? I just registered my girlfriend's account and they arn't showing the gig on the site yet, and all of the existing gigs there (all the way through 2011) are just showing as "general sale" . . .

See y'all down the front .....  ;D

defsteve

Quote from: defsteve on May 16, 2011, 07:34 PM

I think seetickets let the cat out the bag on this one. The event has been removed from the above link so can't imagine tickets will go on-sale tomorrow.

Plus as mentioned it's an 02 venue so there will be an 02 presale (if you have an 02 mobile phone).