Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ex AIC Bassist Mike Starr Dead

Started by 976-EVIL, Mar 09, 2011, 02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

976-EVIL

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this was the place to post this. Found dead at his home in Salt Lake City, Utah. No details out there yet per tmz.com

RIP Mike
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Slacker

There Will Be Blood

beansandcornbread

Sucks.  One of my favorite bands.  Glad I got to see AIC when he was with them.

Vesanic

Oldnewtype

saw that guy on that retarted celebrity rehab crap. He was good back in the day but I'm not missing him.

Inkblades

godin

Without Staley and him, AIC has nothing unique going on
Dingus.

people_r_fake529

R.I.P Mike Starr and Layne Staley, nothing but much respect for these guys.  Layne Staley is a fallen hero as Aaron Lewis put it.  and for those saying Alice in Chains is nothing now, I disagree, they still have Jerry Cantrell and that man is a legend.  No one insults Cantrell. 

theis

Quote from: godin on Mar 13, 2011, 08:47 PM

I guess you haven't listened to Black Gives Way to Blue.

ben

Not to mention that all of the albums with Layne were written 90 percent by Jerry Cantrell.  Oh well.

people_r_fake529

Quote from: theis on Mar 24, 2011, 08:28 PM
Quote from: godin on Mar 13, 2011, 08:47 PM

I guess you haven't listened to Black Gives Way to Blue.

Actually, I own Black Gives Way to Blue, and I think it is an amazing album.  But I also think, AIC, is not AIC without Layne.  I think the new lead singer, William Duvall is talented and he is brave for even trying to come after Layne, but there is no other Layne and no one can even try to come close to Layne's talent, voice and passion.   I  saw them in concert with William Duvall and they rocked, of course Jerry kicked the most ass.  And of course they still have Sean Kinney and Inez.  To my dismay, I was too young when Layne was in the band touring with AIC just a teenager, and never got to see AIC in concert with Layne.  I own AIC unplugged, that is the best unplugged performance ever done. IMO I watch it almost on a weekly basis.  Just to see Layne sing.  I think that was Layne's last live performance before he died.   :'(   

ben

You fucking love incorrect commas.  That's kind of fun.

people_r_fake529

Quote from: ben on Mar 25, 2011, 05:41 AM
You fucking love incorrect commas.  That's kind of fun.

yeah, and I have a Bachelor's Degree haha. Are you an English teacher or something???? lol ;D