Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Making a gif your signature

Started by bodywars9000, Mar 09, 2011, 08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodywars9000

How do i do this? i cant get it to work, i made a gif on gifsoup that i want to make my sig. help

btw sorry to post this here i just wanted to post it where someone would actually see it and reply.
im sure its something stupid that i overlooked

one weak

i think the futuristic-purple-rain-monster thing you got going on is quite enough.

bodywars9000

Haha well yea that's Necro from Street Fighter 3, but while i'm glad you feel that's "quite enough", i'd still like to get rid of that and put a small Deftones related gif as my sig. Anyone? How.

btw futuristic-purple-rain-monster lol

Vesanic

Mmmh, I haven't tried myself but the usual thing should do the trick. Just post your GIF on a image hosting website, make sure it's still a GIF when it's up and not an immobile picture. Then, copy the link and write this in your sig

[img]The link of your GIF[/img]

bodywars9000

thank you very much vesanic. i'll try it.

sing blue silver

win at it.

by which i mean, below you gif on gifsoup there should be an address that says direct link, copy it, and paste it under the signature part of your profile layout as ves instructed [img] whatever you gif link is followed by [ /img]. click save changes or whatever it says, you should get an error page, just retype sharinglungs into your address bar and presto! you should then see your gif as your sig on all your posts.

bodywars9000

ah yes it works, thanks guys!

however something seems screwy with gifsoup right now, even your steve brule gif is frozen sing blue silver. or is it just my computer? i dont think so since everything else works fine, and i can even view that other guys gif with the singer from radiohead dancing. but even when i go to gifsoup.com nothing seems to work. hmm

sing blue silver

Quote from: bodywars9000 on Mar 10, 2011, 07:20 PM
ah yes it works, thanks guys!

however something seems screwy with gifsoup right now, even your steve brule gif is frozen sing blue silver. or is it just my computer? i dont think so since everything else works fine, and i can even view that other guys gif with the singer from radiohead dancing. but even when i go to gifsoup.com nothing seems to work. hmm

that's odd. my gif looks fine to me. sometimes it takes a second to warm up.

bodywars9000

oh no now it appears to be working. i think the site was fucked up earlier

shine down unshy

Quote from: one weak on Mar 09, 2011, 08:29 PM
i think the futuristic-purple-rain-monster thing you got going on is quite enough.

Hahah.