Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

what do rock stars do when they have to take a crap in the middle of a concert?

Started by people_r_fake529, Mar 23, 2011, 12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

people_r_fake529

I've always wondered, do they wear diapers, just in case, like Richard Kristie from the Howard Stern show when he goes to Coheed and Cambrio concerts so he doesn't have to miss one song? Then if they just squeezed out a little, go change underwear in between songs? I mean, what do they do if its like in the middle of a song and it just all of a sudden comes up? Or what if they have to take a long crap, not a short crap?  I mean it may seem like a lame, immature question, but it is one I've always pondered.  Maybe they don't eat like so many hours before the show, who knows? Any rock stars on this board have any answers?  :D

Vesanic

Haha, Theis, you locked this shit ? Allow me to unlock it, let's keep this place the way it's always been: full of bullshit.

bright lights, big city

good question. unless you have a case of the green apple splatters or the schlitz, i would think you either take a dump right before going on or hold it. it's not like you're performing for hours on end.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

poofing acid

MommaBear

For a newbie rock star, this might be an issue (everyone gets the nervous shits, right?) LOL  But, as a pro, they probably have a whole pre-show routine down:  stretching, vocal warm-up, take a dump LOL.  Also, I think for the most part, you go when you first wake up.  Since most concerts are in the evening, maybe it's not such an issue?

Worse yet, I think, would be the no pooping on the bus rule.  That would suck to have to go in random gas stations or what not.   So much for regularity  ::)  Just one the oddities you have to deal with in being a rock star I suppose. 

poofing acid

Morning poop is nonexistent for me.  I go 2-3 times during the day.

MommaBear

from_musings

during chino's fat man era when he probably increased his food intake lot, he probably noticed many changes regarding the matter. I thought he avoided jumping into the crowd because of safety for the audience with such a heavy body, but perhaps he also was afraid to poop on them. such an incident would probably cut down the number of visitors on coming shows

Sushi-X

Had that happened, I'm quite sure there would be fanatics here asking ridicoulusl questions. "is chino getting enough fiber?" "what color was chino's poop at (insert show date)?" an then finally "how can I make my poop looks likes chino's?" O_O disturbing.

Rocket Skates '94

tarkil

Ha ha, that was a much more awesome topic than I expected...

On the topic, do you really believe a no shit in the bus is a healthy social rule to have ?
I think one should be allowed to shit whenever and wherever he wants ! It should be a free man granted right, don't you think ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

bright lights, big city

I went to France in high school for band. We drove around in coach buses with little bathrooms in the back. First day there, a chaperone dropped a deuce in there that could've killed a mule. We didn't allow anyone to relieve themselves in there the rest of the trip. Had to hold it till whenever we stopped again (even if it was like a 9 hour trip from Nice to Paris)
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

MommaBear

Not being able to drop a deuce at home (and the bus is their home away from home) is just cruel and unusual punishment.  I can't understand why someone hasn't developed a toilet that can handle solid waste on a tour bus?!  Geez..   

I found this video that is kinda funny - not only can you not poop on the bus, you have to PAY to poop!!

FLIPMODE TV PRESENTS "YOU GOT TO PAY TO SHIT" IN GERMANY 04 26 09

tarkil

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 23, 2011, 04:16 PM
I went to France in high school for band. We drove around in coach buses with little bathrooms in the back. First day there, a chaperone dropped a deuce in there that could've killed a mule. We didn't allow anyone to relieve themselves in there the rest of the trip. Had to hold it till whenever we stopped again (even if it was like a 9 hour trip from Nice to Paris)

I hope you beat ........... the shit out of that fucker !!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Frequency_Chemist

Dude a real rockstar would drop their pants and take a shit right there on the stage in front of everyone. Then set it on fire and kick in the crowd just for laughs.

people_r_fake529

OMG I'm laughing so hard right now because of everyone's funny comments, and its like 4:02am and I'm trying not to wake up my boyfriend..LMAO especially from_musings, dude, have you ever thought of stand up comedy as a career? I mean you are sarcastic as hell, but funny as hell too ;D

occipudding

i think it was the band Taken (could be wrong).  but i remember hearing a few years ago that he shitted himself on stage once mid-scream.
machete!  meow

Oldnewtype

Quote from: White_Diamond_Wrist on Mar 24, 2011, 06:39 AM
Dude a real rockstar would drop their pants and take a shit right there on the stage in front of everyone. Then set it on fire and kick in the crowd just for laughs.

the singer from Dillinger Escape Plan took a shit on stage once. it was on the giant tv screen too haha

EDIT: "We've all had stitches from playing shows, but I guess the weirdest thing that ever happened was when we played this big festival in the U.K. with Guns 'N Roses and Incubus. Greg went on this huge stage and shit in a bag. They have these really big video screens and they're showing Greg's sphincter opening up and everything. He gets it in the bag and throws it out in this huge crowd and somehow, the bag got thrown back. I don't know what happened after that, but Greg was covered in his own shit. I was watching the video, and you can see him gag while he's trying to sing. That was pretty cool."

And i remember reading somewhere that the guys in Slipknot used to piss and shit in their jumpsuits when they're on stage.

from_musings

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Mar 27, 2011, 06:32 PM
i remember reading somewhere that the guys in Slipknot used to piss and shit in their jumpsuits when they're on stage.

tall tales ^^

nonesuch

i took a shit on the LONG bus from David to Panama city, panama.  the toilet was broken and wouldnt flush.  Worse, the asshole money collector guy tried barging in on me, barking spanish nonsense, like 3 times while i was smoking a cig and filling up that bowl.  No toilet paper of course so i tore pages out of a terrible book i was reading called, On the Road.   Afterwards the cabrone continued to berate me, demanding (I think) money to clean  the bathroom, to which I of course replied "no entiendo, no habla espanol, lo siento"  Fortuatly we arrived in PC shortly and when the guy went to open the side of the bus (probably hoping he would have me because he would have my bag, but i only had my carryon) i strolled away, relieved of my burden.
i drink your milkshake