Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Team Sleep finally waking up.

Started by Vesanic, Mar 24, 2011, 01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Taken from: http://theindiespiritualist.com/2011/03/17/this-place-is-death-an-interview-with-chino-moreno-of-the-deftones/

March 15th 2011

The Indie Spitirualist: Very cool. And I know a lot of people often wonder about Team Sleep and if we can expect anything in the future?

Chino Moreno: Yeah there's definitely as chance, I just spent this last weekend with my buddy who plays guitar with them and we've had some ideas. That project really started up as a lo-fi idea. We were actually trading 4 track cassettes with ideas to one another. So it's always been more of a lo-fi idea than a full on band, but we've been talking about taking it back to doing a recording process like we originally did. We don't really have a time frame on it, or how we'll do it, but we do have some things we've worked on that have just been sitting around for the last four years. Obviously, I've been preoccupied with what I've been doing with the Deftones over the last couple of years, but hopefully when time frees up we can work on it because it's a fun project, which is why we did it in the first place.

Wait&see.

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

E-Money

Quote from: tarkil on Mar 24, 2011, 05:44 AM
Bleh... Not gonna happen

I disagree,  todd and chino have been making music for a long ass time. why wouldn't they continue? 

we might not get another album but I bet we get some more tracks eventually. 

tarkil

I agree with you, we probably are going to get some tracks eventually, but I don't see a proper release, even less some touring happening any time ever...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Frequency_Chemist

Good to hear that there is atleast a possibility of them getting together and doing something. Chino seems enthusiastic about it. Although if the Deftones record another album after they finish touring...we might be waiting for awhile. Plus I guess it also depends on what the rest of Team Sleep is up to at the time.

Robotsatemygrandma

It'd be cool to see them drop an ep or something with a decent amount of production and marketing put into it. But if the Deftones are going to try and push another record out, this'll be awhile, like White Diamond Wrist said. Albums are hard to write.

rock_n_frost

they will have 15 songs which includes just some beats
and chino will sing on 4 songs
they will release it on the web site 30 seconds lenght

and we ll keep crying like we always do
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

lostpilot

I think it may be interesting. Hope there's still some "rock" to it :)

Frequency_Chemist

Quote from: lostpilot on Mar 30, 2011, 11:42 PM
I think it may be interesting. Hope there's still some "rock" to it :)

I agree, the ambient rock side of it is what pulled me into the band in the first place.

unfamed

I like the idea of them going back to the lofi simple layers shit. I don't need an "album," just some finished songs would be cool.
never odd or even

skinnypuppy

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Mar 30, 2011, 07:22 PM
they will have 15 songs which includes just some beats
and chino will sing on 4 songs
they will release it on the web site 30 seconds lenght

and we ll keep crying like we always do

yup. chino's involvement with TS seems irrelevant; the band should just write music, get guests, and have chino email some vocals to them.