Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Deftones Frontman Excited For Tour, 'Covers' Album, New Side Project"

Started by the same sound, Mar 30, 2011, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Indeed. Would go out of my mind if they were actually planning on playing White Pony, though.

snw9

simple man recorded before Adrenaline..i did wonder a lot about the recording it sounded like chino but not like his voice in the recent years
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

Quote from: juvenile on Apr 01, 2011, 01:12 AM
simple man recorded before Adrenaline..i did wonder a lot about the recording it sounded like chino but not like his voice in the recent years

Yep, I actually didn't know if it was in the Adrenaline years or the S/T years, in both of these eras, Chino had that kind of wavy explicit singing.

one weak

Vesanic

Quote from: one weak on Apr 01, 2011, 02:10 AM
would die to see sleepwalk with the disco ball

The idea itself is just fucking lovely, I think I love you.

BillyNo.9

I know chino was pretty vague about playing a whole record live, so would you maybe be able to slip that in somewhere in your interview Vesanic?

Vesanic

In the topic of the interview, I said that you guys could choose three questions and that I would use the fourth one for myself, and that's the subject of it. White Pony, precisely.

Vesanic

There's one thing I don't get, though. Chino stated that Simple Man was pre-Adrenaline... But how is that possible ? The sound quality on Simple Man is amazing, whereas Adrenaline has that dirty production we all know.

mrpelon94

Wow I REALLY thought GHOST was chinos idea?....bummer nothing new on team sleep..or mastering death by plane....confused on the simple man being recorded earlier??...sounds recent

Frequency_Chemist

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 01, 2011, 01:41 AM
Quote from: juvenile on Apr 01, 2011, 01:12 AM

Yep, I actually didn't know if it was in the Adrenaline years or the S/T years, in both of these eras, Chino had that kind of wavy explicit singing.

I never would of guessed Adrenaline. Even when he said that is was recorded then I thought he was gonna say they re recored it later.
Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Apr 01, 2011, 02:48 AM
I know chino was pretty vague about playing a whole record live, so would you maybe be able to slip that in somewhere in your interview Vesanic?

Chino vague?...never lol

Oldnewtype

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 31, 2011, 12:42 AM
They did a great cover of that one. The production on that is nice as hell.

yeah thats why ive wished for a while they would work with brian virtue again.

There Will Be Blood

the same sound

beansandcornbread

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 01, 2011, 02:59 AM
There's one thing I don't get, though. Chino stated that Simple Man was pre-Adrenaline... But how is that possible ? The sound quality on Simple Man is amazing, whereas Adrenaline has that dirty production we all know.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  The production is much better than Adrenaline.  I would never in a million years thought it would have been that old, but I assume they wanted Adrenaline to have that sound because it certainly wasn't the norm at the time.

BillyNo.9

snw9

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Apr 02, 2011, 02:32 AM
korns first album sounded pretty raw.

production was excellent on that compared to adrenaline. Does it have something to do with the production budget? You can really tell the difference when deftones recorded around the fur.
Code: [Select]

Frequency_Chemist

Quote from: juvenile on Apr 02, 2011, 07:50 AM
Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Apr 02, 2011, 02:32 AM
korns first album sounded pretty raw.

production was excellent on that compared to adrenaline. Does it have something to do with the production budget? You can really tell the difference when deftones recorded around the fur.

I'd think it'd definitely have an impact. Also depends on what equipment Terry and the band used. Another thing you have to consider is what recording techniques Terry was using. Obviously he's been around for decades and we know by listening to other records he is capable of good production. I guess another possiblilty is the actual sound they were going for. I don't know i'm pretty much talking out of my ass by this point.

Penicks

From B-sides' booklet:

Poor Chino's confused about the timeline of his band. :)

sing blue silver

yeah i'm thinking he might have meant it was pre around the fur and not adrenaline. chino seems to have a really hard time with this stuff. but he said he was like 17. did chino ever have a bad fall off stage or something? he's got some pretty bad memory issues.

iceache

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 03, 2011, 04:25 PM
yeah i'm thinking he might have meant it was pre around the fur and not adrenaline. chino seems to have a really hard time with this stuff. but he said he was like 17. did chino ever have a bad fall off stage or something? he's got some pretty bad memory issues.

Well.. he did use some pretty hardcore drugs.