Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Friends Into Deftones?

Started by BillyNo.9, Apr 03, 2011, 02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyNo.9

I was just wondering how many of the people on here have friends that are into deftones? It seems that most of the people on here are randomly scattered around the world.
I know the band are not for everyone, an acquired taste if you will. I only have one friend who I can talk to about deftones and we jam headup, atf and bqad all the time. It's good in the same way an untapped resource is, I think if my idiot friends started listening to deftones it would put me off of them slightly, only because I know they wouldnt appreciate the depth of the music. Anyone feel the same?

Deftones-argentina

I think many, MANY of my friends listen to deftones. Some I met when they were already fans, and a few got converted by myself. plus, my band does "deftones style" songs and that brought me to a lot of nice people who were into the deftones's music.

BillyNo.9

nice man, does your band have a myspace or youtube channel etc?

sing blue silver

i've turned most of my friends on to deftones. my girlfriend is a pretty hardcore fan of theirs and a lot of other acquaintances i know are deftones fans. i certainly don't know any people who are as diehard as myself and know everything they've ever done but they all dabble or listen fairly regularly.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Apr 03, 2011, 03:55 AM
nice man, does your band have a myspace or youtube channel etc?

sure, www.bandcamp.com/efusi0n
I think there's some other songs recorded, but the audio and the performance just sucks. We're re-recording them right now.

BillyNo.9

I have turned a couple of friends into believers but they never listen to anything other than diamond eyes songs. I really wish my girl was into deftones, there music is so beautiful I'd love to share it with her. She does like Be quiet and drive though which is awesome. Hopefully when I start college there will some people with good taste, Im doing a music tech course so hopefully I could meet some possible band mates with similar music tastes.

chick de la lynch

My friends don't really mind them. They're into light and upbeat music. I don't think Deftones really falls under those two categories.

defskull

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That was all I read from this thread.

BillyNo.9

Jerry_Curls

^ you're gay.

and your girlfriend hates deftones.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

BillyNo.9

Dude, you just managed to contradict yourself in 2 sentence.s well done :) She dont hate them, just not her thing

pissedandpierced

Most of my friends like them, to be honest how can you not like them? My best friend loves them and if it wasn't for a whole long list of Deftones related events we would never had become friends.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

poofing acid

Dude you're 16?  I've been listening to this band longer than your age!  Holy fuck I'm old!

raynor

how do you know that, stalkerboy?

BillyNo.9

says so on my profile :L I been listening to them for 3 years now, and Im still hearing new sounds in their songs :P  My friends have short attention spans so they cant appreciate deftones' music. Too bad my friends are assholes :/

pissedandpierced

Quote from: poofing acid on Apr 04, 2011, 12:10 AM
Dude you're 16?  I've been listening to this band longer than your age!  Holy fuck I'm old!

At least I'm not the oldest person on here now.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

raynor

Fuck I'm turning 25 this year. I've been here since 2003 I think. jeez.

pissedandpierced

That's nothing, I'll be 29 in a month  :'(

raynor

Then I'm afraid you're still the oldest I believe :/

pissedandpierced

Quote from: raynor on Apr 04, 2011, 12:53 AM
Then I'm afraid you're still the oldest I believe :/

Nooooooo. There used to be loads of people older that me on here. I'm sure Trey is older than me.