Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Friends Into Deftones?

Started by BillyNo.9, Apr 03, 2011, 02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

MommaBear

I have no friends, but a lot of pole dancer acquaintances, and pole dancers LOVE Deftones; that is how I got introduced to the music.

My kids are stuck listening to it when we run quick errands in the car.  It's often on when I clean house too.  My kids are beginning to like it - well some of them.  My 9 year old really likes the acoustic version of You've Seen the Butcher and wants it downloaded to his Ipod.  My 7 year old could really care less (but he did ask what was being screamed in Rocket Skates - I told him, I dunno ::)).  My 5 year old wants "girl music".  My husband doesn't really listen to music, he listens to sports radio - he's 31 going on 61. 

Robotsatemygrandma

Yea I have a few friends and my sister are into them. The drummer and singer of my old band were into them too.

tarkil

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Apr 04, 2011, 01:38 AM
Nooooooo. There used to be loads of people older that me on here. I'm sure Trey is older than me.

Actually he isn't (I think). But I am if that makes you happier....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

sing blue silver

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 04, 2011, 01:56 AM
the wiccan is like 36.

hahaha. really? i would have guessed 17 tops.

Oldnewtype

the majority of my friends really love deftones, but the ones that don't pretty much hate them.

pissedandpierced

Quote from: tarkil on Apr 04, 2011, 01:37 PM

Actually he isn't (I think). But I am if that makes you happier....

Thank you.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

blixa

Quote from: raynor on Apr 04, 2011, 12:45 AM
Fuck I'm turning 25 this year. I've been here since 2003 I think. jeez.

i'm turning 25 too come november. FUCKKKK!

Penicks

my ex asked me what my favorite song ever was, so i let her listen to pink maggit, and she's a fan now. (actually, i don't know if she's a fan but she likes them on facebook!!!!1one)

indychinoluv

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Apr 03, 2011, 04:33 AM
Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Apr 03, 2011, 03:55 AM
nice man, does your band have a myspace or youtube channel etc?

sure, www.bandcamp.com/efusi0n
I think there's some other songs recorded, but the audio and the performance just sucks. We're re-recording them right now.
The link doesn't work chief

Deftones-argentina

oops, here it's: www.efusi0n.bandcamp.com

Nice to hear again from you marty, How has been your life? how's your daughter? hope you visit us more frecuently.

BillyNo.9

Fuck man :O that song Cool as fuck kicks ass. What do you play in the band?

derekautomatica

None of my friends in elementary or high school got down on Deftones. I swear to God I was the only one in my high school that listened to them. That's why I love all of you so much...sort of.

Starz

NONE of my friends listen to the same music as me let alone Deftones. Prob why I spend a lot of time on music forums as I have no one else to talk to when it comes to music I like...

sing blue silver

according to facebook, when it comes to deftones "20 friends like this".

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Apr 12, 2011, 04:31 AM
Fuck man :O that song Cool as fuck kicks ass. What do you play in the band?

thank you bill!!! I play guitar and sing on the Daryl palumbo like vocals & screams. We're re recording it for the debut album, will let you know whenever that happens.

a few days ago deftones played in argentina, and got to see it with A LOT of my best friends. When  I arrived to the radio that chino was diong an interview We hung out with at least a dozen of fellas, that felt like a real comunity. Even my paraguayan friend came to argentina for such event.
whenever you have a deftones show near your area what is it like?

Nebontha

As far as I know, no one in my schools other than myself liked Deftones... pretty much everyone was a closed/simple-minded scene fag and only listen(s)ed to popular music that got played on the music channels and radios...
until I got a couple friends into Deftones, and they really like it.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

BillyNo.9

I live in a pretty quiet part of the UK so when I go to shows its normally manchester or liverpool...big cities = big crowd :)

samson simpson

my freinds only like marley and pantera
help
\

GUNS.RAZORS.KNIVES!

Many of my friends like Deftones.... but noone likes them as much as i do .
I recently went to a Deftones concert in Mexico city and ... well it wasnt as crowded as i thought it would be.... but it was amazing. Best concert ever.