Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Carpenter to get a new rig, his old one to get on-sale.

Started by Vesanic, Apr 19, 2011, 10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foppstar

Just to clarify how the AXE FX has been used live with Stef...we are just using it direct out stereo...no cabs, no power amps, just Fractal. Stef has 4 wedges that have become his cabinets per-say on stage. There are two up front and two behind. He is basically surrounded by his tone 360 degrees. He does not wear in-ears, and most likely never will to be honest. Hope this helps answer the slew of questions going around about the rig. :-)

Subliminal

Quote from: foppstar on Apr 19, 2012, 07:20 AM
Just to clarify how the AXE FX has been used live with Stef...we are just using it direct out stereo...no cabs, no power amps, just Fractal. Stef has 4 wedges that have become his cabinets per-say on stage. There are two up front and two behind. He is basically surrounded by his tone 360 degrees. He does not wear in-ears, and most likely never will to be honest. Hope this helps answer the slew of questions going around about the rig. :-)

That's insane! Thanks for that info. Was that also the case at Download 2010? my friend said his rig came right out of the P.A and sounded seriously gnarly and killer!

Robotsatemygrandma

That's pretty nifty and a damn smart idea! But if this is the case... then why are there a few Marshall Cabinets in the rehearsal pictures posted recently? Are they just there for show? Not trying to be a dick and call you out, but what you are saying and what we have seen in the pictures doesn't add up to me.

Teknoman

Wow! thanks for the explanation, really appreciate it. Hope you can answer more techie questions in the future 'cause i have lots of them. :)

Quote from: Robotsatemygrandma on Apr 19, 2012, 12:36 PM
That's pretty nifty and a damn smart idea! But if this is the case... then why are there a few Marshall Cabinets in the rehearsal pictures posted recently? Are they just there for show? Not trying to be a dick and call you out, but what you are saying and what we have seen in the pictures doesn't add up to me.

Well, correct me if im wrong but i only remember one pic of an Orange Cabinet (probably Chino's cab) as part of the MovingShop hashtag, there are pics of Marshall cabs but those were taken (i guess) at Deftones' rehearsal space, several days before they posted the "MovingShop" pics. So from what i can tell there are no marshall cabs on the studio they were left at the rehearsal space... but im just guessing.

I make music too

deftoolsys07

Not to mention that the live setup could greatly differ from the studio setup...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

SwerveCityUSA

the best rig you can have from either marshall or mesa is a they're rack stuff. a true stereo sound with the preamp giving all the sounds of the history of the company in one. I hate that everyone is going with axe fx and stuff, most of all steph who's had the coolest rig and tone of everyone in the industry in history. somebody bring genuine tube sound back.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

DeftonesNZ

He's even got something for that exact thing now his axe FX goes through a tube before going out now this gives it the authentic tube sound, this gear is the future Axe FX and the like are amazing pieces of technology and I think it should be embraced I think alot of people just find it intimidating so they back away from it.

Deftones - Lead guitarist Stephen Carpenter about the Palmer PDI-CTC

SwerveCityUSA

ya I saw that I know what you mean, theres just nothing like 8 el34's or 6l6's blasting through stacks. plus when you've got midi and as many presets as you need, I really don't know what else you could want, but it's all good. Axe fx is so much more simple and easy to establish a collection of sounds and transport it, that part is cool.

DeftonesNZ

I also how love how you can share presets and alot of musicians share them with fans, Stephen has said he plans to do it but he wants to dial them in first.

SwerveCityUSA

Ya Im hoping to put a rig together soon. the shit I want is so expensive it sucks. I bought a mini rectifier which is badass but deep down I want to build a marshall rig.