Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The story behind your name

Started by lukas989, Apr 28, 2011, 02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukas989

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 30, 2011, 05:52 PM
Quote from: MommaBear on Apr 30, 2011, 05:37 PM
My husband likes anything with a vagina, so it's kinda hard to narrow it down. 

hahahaha

Well I got mine from a song title. And it's actually not Glassjaw. The End.

Ella Fitzgerald?  .....not fucking All Saints?

Variable

Quote from: bodywars9000 on Apr 30, 2011, 11:31 AM

I don't care if you choose not to believe my explanation.
So to prove that, you tried to kill the English language and went one one of the most grammatically incorrect rants I have ever seen? Then try to tell me that I'm going to lose in a "battle of wits" against you?  Hm
For the sake of argument, let's just say that you're not actually in the service, whatever branch you claim to be in, i really don't give a goddamn.
Ooooook?  Soooo, I got your premise. Now what was the point?

What's the matter, not seeing enough action on the front lines, you have to manufacture verbal warfare wherever you go? Who the fuck do you think you are?
Really?  Thats how you follow up your "for the sake of argument?" That doesn't make sense.  Kind of like your story

But if you weren't an idiot you would know that we don't have any front lines.  Korea was probably about the last war that we fought that actually had lines.  So, no, I don't suppose that I am getting enough action on the front lines. 

And I'm not manufacturing verbal warfare.  I can just simply tell when something is bull shit. The whole time I was reading your story, my bull shit meter was pinging off the charts. 
Who the fuck do you think you are?
Me, of course.  Someone who is way better than you.

As for the rest of your retarded, almost incomprehensible rant; Just shut up or else ill show you a pancreas. 

devilinside

Quote from: blixa on Apr 28, 2011, 08:26 PM
OH YEAH, INXS!!!

I used to be soo in love with Michael! *swoons*

If you wish to enter a war of words, go ahead and launch some more nonsense my way. You want a battle of wits you'll get it, but assuredly lose.

Oh honey,I don't think you know what you're in for. My friend,Variable,can argue with a wall and still win. LOL

Variable

lol, I was actually thinking about using that as a campaign slogan when I run for President

bodywars9000

*sigh*

Someone who obviously does not know the correct usage of "your" and "you're" wants to criticize my grammer? Of course.
My rant was not to prove that i don't care. If you couldn't tell, the point of it was that i think you're an asshole, plain and simple, i do not like you.
You will continue to prove yourself as a jerk, with or without my involvement.  BTW i'm aware there are no definitive lines in this/these "wars". I guess at this point, i kind of think of anyone that is seeing combat time as "on the front lines", it's more of a figure of speech.

From_musings, i do understand what you mean. Also, i'm fine with that, although i may have snapped at Billy. I was insulted, on initial reaction, that's all. Mainly he pissed me off by doubting the story then saying he wasn't at the same time, i can't stand that. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. If poofing, you, and whoever else wants to make jokes about it, that's fine with me. I get it.

This Variable guy....i just dislike him intensely. It seems like not a week goes by without him calling people retards and pussies, or whatever other insults his limited vocabulary has to offer.

;D

Variable

Quote from: bodywars9000 on May 01, 2011, 01:23 AM
*sigh*

Someone who obviously does not know the correct usage of "your" and "you're" wants to criticize my grammer?
Oh, there's a show stopper right there.  I'm not even going to keep reading until you can show me where I messed that one up.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Variable on May 01, 2011, 01:41 AM
*sigh*

Someone who obviously does not know the correct usage of "your" and "you're" wants to criticize my grammer?
Oh, there's a show stopper right there.  I'm not even going to keep reading until you can show me where I messed that one up.

Sadly, grammar has become a sort of hobby of mine and as a random, voluntary mediator of this internet argument, I see no incorrect usage of the word "your" in Trey's above posts.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

anyway, go to @threads and explode your sophisticated rage there

Variable

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 01, 2011, 02:30 AM
*sigh*

Oh, there's a show stopper right there.  I'm not even going to keep reading until you can show me where I messed that one up.

Sadly, grammar has become a sort of hobby of mine and as a random, voluntary mediator of this internet argument, I see no incorrect usage of the word "your" in Trey's above posts.
Oh, I know this. I just wanted to see his ridiculous explanation for making that statement.  I guess it just further proves that he's stupid.  Or at least that he doesn't understand grammar. 

sing blue silver

*sigh*

this one made me lulz. he didn't misuse the word once.

bodywars9000

I was mistaken about that, for sure. He in fact did not misuse the word. Whoops.

However, he remains an insufferable troll. Of that much i am certain.

shine down unshy

I've come to like Trey.  He might be a giant asshole, but he proves a point.  Believe me, he takes some getting used to but you'll eventually warm up to him.

Variable

Quote from: bodywars9000 on May 01, 2011, 03:14 AM
I was mistaken about that, for sure. He in fact did not misuse the word. Whoops.

However, he remains an insufferable troll. Of that much i am certain.
And you remain an idiot.

I'm actually not a troll.  I get along with plenty of people around here.  People who just have a hard time admitting that they're idiots call me a troll because I don't mind pointing out to them, that they're idiots.

Look, beyond all the name calling and you being illiterate and shit.  Here's why I responded the way I did to your initial post.
1. You attacked billy when his intuitions about your post being fake or exaggerated were obviously correct. It annoyed me that he is such a push over that he would rather tell you that you were right rather than attempt to read the gibberish you were retorting with.  
2. The fact that you said that bull shit about "oh woh is me.  To this day I still can't look at images of the inside of my body. Oh it's so hard to be me wah wah wah, oh it's so extreme" Just further proves that your either lying or looking for sympathy.  That is a completely useless part of your story unless you're trying to gain sympathy from your readers.

Heres what I do know.  If you really are afraid of the human body because of some ride that you went on when you were 9, then someone really does need to be honest with you, tell you that's ridiculous, and tell you to get over it.  The last thing that you need is for people to nurture that kind of behavior and allude that it is in some way acceptable.  

Also, I know one or two people who have lived through some pretty traumatic events, as you might be able to imagine.  Now, I know some guys who ACTUALLY went through some really traumatic events, and some guys that like to pretend like they actually went through some pretty traumatic events.  

It's strange.  The guys who actually did live through really traumatic and devastating events, don't usually talk about it at all. Not even to their wives or fathers.  

The guys who pretend that they went through some shit, but in reality didn't, LOVE to talk about all the crazy shit that they didn't actually live through.  I guess it's a way for them to get sympathy or feel cool and important or like they deserve respect or something.  Who gives a shit?  They are pieces of shit.

Now, obviously, sometimes even guys who went through some really horrible shit do talk about it.  But they usually confide in someone, or a small group, very close to them, e.g., their families or friends who lived through the same experience. They don't usually go on message boards with complete strangers and share it with the whole world.  Knowing very well that anyone could pluck anything from it and make fun of them.

Moreover, these guys usually don't like to re-live those experiences. In fact, pretty much the root cause of PTSD is that they CAN'T stop re-living the experiences. So, they wouldn't usually say...put a pic of their dead friend on their kitchen wall so that they have to think about him every day when they eat breakfast.  They might also not make a username that remind them of him every time they try to get on a message board and bull shit about music or anything else. You can see how that might be a little counter productive to having a good time?

Now, that kind of behavior only applies to people who have actually gone through something traumatic.  You did the exact opposite.  So my instincts tell me that you're full of shit or exaggerating.
Even if that entire story is true.  Someone really does need to tell you that its not that bad and that you should get over it. So here I am.  Maybe calling you a pussy wasn't the right approach. Lets just say that you're not acting like a man.  

Oh and you really should work on your grammar.  I noticed that you said you're older than 20.  It's just disturbing that an adult would write like that, even on a really informal board like this.  
Quote from: shine down unshy on May 01, 2011, 03:29 AM
I've come to like Trey.  He might be a giant asshole, but he proves a point.  Believe me, he takes some getting used to but you'll eventually warm up to him.
Aw thanks.  I think most people get used to me once they realize that I'm joking most of the time, then the rest of the time my abrasive comments are just honest.  People should appreciate honesty more.

bodywars9000

Well, the story does happen to be true, but all your references to PTSD mean nothing to me, in the context of my story. I understand where you're coming from with all that, but it just doesn't compare. The people that go through those terrible experiences, i sympathize with, but i can't truly comprehend it because i never went through anything like that.

The thing is, the story, to me, is positive. I don't harbor any ill feelings about my side, and my friend does not either. It just so happens that it's something that bonded an already strong friendship. It is absolutely nothing like putting a picture of some dead friend on my fridge, whatever that metaphor was that you used. The problem i have with you on this topic, is that not only were you quick to judge, but you were wrong. Not just about the validity of the story, but of my motivations behind telling it. The topic is "The story behind your name", so that's what i wrote. Hopefully someone enjoys it, you don't, that's fine.

Speaking grammatically, i use alot of run-ons, and there are other technical flaws, but i was not trying to win any awards. I just tried to relate the story as i know it, without leaving out too many details. I wrote it rather quickly and pressed post. I think it was at the very least readable, so i'm happy with it.

My intention was not too complain, you misunderstand.  The part where i mentioned my anxiety definitely was not central or maybe even important, i just happened to write it. If you want to continue to believe that any of what i wrote was some type of attempt to garner sympathy, go right ahead. You will continue to be wrong. I certainly don't see the benefit in that in the first place.

Both of your reasons for why you responded to my initial post, well, they're precisely the problem.

1.-My story was "obviously not true"?

2.-The fact that i mentioned my anxiety over my body's internal functions "futher PROVES that i was looking for sympathy"?

Wrong on both counts man. I can't prove it to you, so they are understandable doubts, but god you are a real asshole about it. Beyond that, i've noticed you all over this board acting like an asshole. I've also seen you make good points, and be civil at times, but predominantly, you behave like an asshole. Yes i just used the word "asshole" three times. Of all the words in the english language, i can't think of one that suits you more accurately.

I guess i don't fit into your definition of what a man acts like. Let me tell you how upsetting THAT is. Wah. I guess i should drink some brewskis, bury my emotions, and watch Fast and the Furious. Maybe start a fist fight in a bar.

Variable

You not being able to look at images of the human body without getting anxiety is PTSD.  PTSD is not in any way restricted to combat.  

and I still don't think your story is completely true.  I think it's exaggerated.

and yes, you adding a part to the story which is irrelevant to the actual story, but would make some feel sympathetic to you, would indicate that you were looking for sympathy.

And I'm not an ass hole.  I'm just a really confident dick.

I hate Fast and the Furious btw.  You can't put me in a box, so don't try. A "man" can be presented in many different ways.  I'm just saying that you, being afraid of the human body because you were forced to go on an epcot ride when you were 9, are not acting like one.

anyways.  This conversation really has hit a brick wall.  Soooooooo lets be done k?  I hate to take up too much of a thread with nonsense.  It drives the squares crazy.

Corleone

If you don't know who the Corleone name is, then you've got some movie watching to do.

Variable

Yeah thats actually a pretty good point

chick de la lynch

I was looking for a new and interesting screen name back when KaZaa was all the rage. I asked my brother for suggestions. He said "chick de la". I later added the "Lynch" part due to my utter love and devotion for David Lynch. Name has stuck to me like white on rice since.

Variable

I can proudly say that I never used KaZaa.

blixa

Quote from: devilinside on Apr 30, 2011, 11:50 PM
Quote from: blixa on Apr 28, 2011, 08:26 PM
OH YEAH, INXS!!!

I used to be soo in love with Michael! *swoons*

the team that is making the documentary about michael spoke at my uni in 2009. they were super funny and secretive about the whole film.