Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crazylegs' album of the week.

Started by Crazylegs, May 01, 2011, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prodigy

I enjoy my dog Stevie Wonder with our without feat's..

Crazylegs

Penicks

shit dudes been listening non stop to king woman ep, god damn it's amazing and you guys HAVE NO TASTE

The Prodigy

Crazylegs

What's your thoughts on Chelsea Wolfe, Penicks?

float here 4ever

Quote from: Penicks on Jan 26, 2017, 05:43 PM
shit dudes been listening non stop to king woman ep, god damn it's amazing and you guys HAVE NO TASTE

great EP

O

Quote from: The Prodigy on Jan 23, 2017, 12:02 AM
Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 22, 2017, 09:09 PM
I like the instrumental part of it but the vocal performance just isn't working for some reason

I feel u !

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 01, 2011, 05:44 PM
I'm starting up with an absolute classic.

Stevie Wonder - Innervisions (1973)

genre: soul/funk
Sounds like: Stevie Wonder

I'm well aware that this by no means is an unknown artist or band. I just figured that maybe a lot of people on here haven't heard it, considering the age of many users. I was lucky enough to find this in my dad's record collection when I was a little kid. So when I a couple of years ago bought it for my own collection and listened to it again after quite a few years, I fell in love with it all over again. Stevie's got such a good voice, and you can hear that he fucking radiates music. The whole album just flows so naturally, it's ridiculously funky at times, and at other times it's so mellow and beautiful. It's just composed so perfectly, and I find myself liking it more and more every time I listen to it. I hope there's some cats on here who will find an interest in this, cause i'm not kidding, it's one of the best albums ever.

My personal favorite track at the moment is "Don't you worry about a thing" . "Too high" is a fucking beast too, and groovy as all hell.

Click the picture for the download link.
Stevie Wonder shines in this joint with Snoop Dogg and Pharrell Williams
! No longer available

Nice One!

Penicks

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jan 26, 2017, 08:27 PM
What's your thoughts on Chelsea Wolfe, Penicks?

not too big a fan, sounds a bit too out there, but then again i'm extra picky when it comes to female singers

Crazylegs

So i mentioned this in the Stoner/Sludge/Doom thread. Perish is the debut album from Norwegian Sludge/Doom duo Hymn. I'm not gonna write a review or anything, but I highly reccomend you check it out if you're a fan of crushing riffs, desperate atmosphere, long walks on the beach, large cymbals, Yob, Beer, The Sopranos, and other good stuff.

You can find it on spotify, or streaming here: http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=131548

Seven

I will give atention to that.

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

theis

bright lights, big city

yeah, def some Yob comparisons. On its own though, the album is just amazing.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Glad you guys like it, man. I had a feeling you would.

I'm liking it more and more with every listen.

Penicks

any cloakroom fans? been listening to them non-stop this summer, the three albums they've put out are absolutely great. this is their newest

! No longer available

reminds of combo between nothing and true widow

Crazylegs

never heard of them, but they're definitely on my radar now

Crazylegs

Anyone familiar with Ă…rabrot? They're a little hard to categorize, but I  like them best when they do kinda stripped down sludge/noise stuff. Examples:

! No longer available

! No longer available