Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crazylegs' album of the week.

Started by Crazylegs, May 01, 2011, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

I feel honoured to be your stalkee. Did you learn anything interesting?

blixa

not really. it's pretty private and i'm also not a very good stalker. i get distracted all the time.

theis

Steak Number Eight.

That's a great fucking name, haha! Diggin' the tunes too!

Crazylegs

Shit, don't know if i'm gonna have time to listen to it properly today, but first thing after work tomorrow i'm dropping by the record store and picking that shit up. True Widow and Neurosis on the same day is just too much.

Penicks

first world problems right there

Crazylegs

true. I've listened to it now. Stoked! They don't stray far from their typical sound, but that sound is sweet as fuck!

How do you like it?

Penicks

great stuff as always, there's not a single song i dislike. these guys don't need to put out diverse stuff cause nobody sounds like them anyway

playing the witcher 3 nowadays and To All that He Elong would fit perfectly on that soundtrack

i love this band and i love you for posting them here

Crazylegs

agreed.

And yeah, i think it would fit in pretty nicely. I fucking hate that game though.

*Kisses*

Crazylegs

Here's one i discovered recently

Andy Shauf - The Party (2016)

genre: folk/pop

I saw this album at the number 1 spot on the top 10 of the year list from a guy working at my local record store. I'd never heard the name, so i thought i'd give it a go. I searched youtube and saw one of his music videos which was made by Chad Vangaalen (a big plus in my book) and fell in love with it instantly.
It's a pretty delicate, and really well composed album. It separates itself from the norm a tiny bit with a lot of interesting instrumentation with strings and clarinet and shit, without it ever becoming too elaborate. He leaves plenty of space for the music to breathe. It's sort of a concept album, i guess. All the songs are about different stages/people at a party.

Here's a taste:

! No longer available

Click the album art for the download link.

lostpilot

I like the songs but I don't like the aesthetics of the album
a strong seven out of five

Crazylegs

don't you mean a perfect 5/7?

lostpilot

Penicks

Crazylegs

Listening to that ep now. Pretty cool.

lostpilot

I like the instrumental part of it but the vocal performance just isn't working for some reason

Penicks

her voice is what drew me in

that feeling when she'll never whisper hoarsely in your ear

The Prodigy

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 22, 2017, 09:09 PM
I like the instrumental part of it but the vocal performance just isn't working for some reason

I feel u !

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 01, 2011, 05:44 PM
I'm starting up with an absolute classic.

Stevie Wonder - Innervisions (1973)

genre: soul/funk
Sounds like: Stevie Wonder

I'm well aware that this by no means is an unknown artist or band. I just figured that maybe a lot of people on here haven't heard it, considering the age of many users. I was lucky enough to find this in my dad's record collection when I was a little kid. So when I a couple of years ago bought it for my own collection and listened to it again after quite a few years, I fell in love with it all over again. Stevie's got such a good voice, and you can hear that he fucking radiates music. The whole album just flows so naturally, it's ridiculously funky at times, and at other times it's so mellow and beautiful. It's just composed so perfectly, and I find myself liking it more and more every time I listen to it. I hope there's some cats on here who will find an interest in this, cause i'm not kidding, it's one of the best albums ever.

My personal favorite track at the moment is "Don't you worry about a thing" . "Too high" is a fucking beast too, and groovy as all hell.

Click the picture for the download link.
Stevie Wonder shines in this joint with Snoop Dogg and Pharrell Williams
! No longer available

Crazylegs

I prefer my Stevie Wonder sans snoop or Pharrell.

! No longer available