Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Song being played before the deftones set...

Started by YouveSeenTheChad, May 01, 2011, 09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouveSeenTheChad

I was in Chicago last night and really liked the song that played over the PA before the deftones played.  Does anyone know who that song is by?  Do the deftones play the same song before they play each night or is that up to the venue?  Thanks

deftones_161

I was at the Milwaukee show on friday and the only song i recognized before the deftones set was a song called "playground love" by air. i'm not sure if they play the same songs each night.

Frequency_Chemist

I'm pretty sure it's what the band is listening to before they go on stage, but I could be mistaken.

YouveSeenTheChad

It wasn't air, but that songs rules...it was an instrumental song with pretty heavy/deep bass, almost dubstepish...thanks for the responses

deftones_161

its cool, just thought i'd give it a whirl  :D

976Royal

Quote from: YouveSeenTheChad on May 02, 2011, 02:34 AM
It wasn't air, but that songs rules...it was an instrumental song with pretty heavy/deep bass, almost dubstepish...thanks for the responses

Gold Panda - "You", I believe that is what you are looking for.. They've also been playing Headless Sky by Autolux... Excellent band!

stu_101

According to sergio's twitter, Jamie XX ft. Gil Scott Heron "NY is killing me"

stu_101

On a slightly different note, does anyone know the name of the main intro song played before the set back in 06/07 -  http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=SF97ggkMm1I

YouveSeenTheChad

Quote from: stu_101 on May 04, 2011, 05:30 PM

According to sergio's twitter, Jamie XX ft. Gil Scott Heron "NY is killing me"

Yea, I couldn't find it out, so I went straight to the source...that whole album is so sick

ponyx

So I checked out that "be wild" song by m83 and I loved it. Do you guys know any other songs by them that are similar to that one, kinda dark and slow. I tried to look for some and I didn't dig the upbeat ones.

Vesanic

M83 is sick, check the full catalogue out. The M83 remix of Rocket Skates sucks, though. Well, to me at least.

ponyx

They are pretty sick. Deftones have turned me towards many great fucking bands. Thank you.

defsteve

They have been playing a CROSSES instrumental
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

jemini

I was wondering if anyone knows which artists were played before Deftones set in Helsinki?

aj

my favourite of the pre show song is Gold Panda - Vanilla Minus.

Starz

Quote from: jemini on Sep 02, 2011, 04:19 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows which artists were played before Deftones set in Helsinki?

They always play what they are listening to in their dressing room over the main PA for the crowd. Lately they listen to Machinedrum, Little Dragon, Washed Out, SBTRKT

Longstem

Little Dragon is awesome, didnt knew they were fan.