Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Meet & Greet Bullshit...

Started by Crazy Breed, May 06, 2011, 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charissa

I went to VIP 9/12/10 and then 5/13/11. Yep, on the previous tour you could talk to any of the guys for as long as you wanted. Most of the fans were cool, but there were some "clingy" ones and I'm sure that must have played a part in the changes for VIP this year. Still, in my experience it's worth it! No, you can't bring anything to get signed and you can't take any of your own pictures--no cameras for sound check or group photo time. I like the professional pix they took this time! They took 2 pics of everyone and chose the best to upload to deftonestix.com . The only time you have to chat with the guys is the short few minutes you get your pic taken with them, but they do each take the time shake everyone's hand. It was totally worth it for me, just different. NY (5/13/11) was a lot nicer than Allentown (9/12/10) anyhow. I still think it's worth it and I'd do it again. Plus, I think it's nice for the guys that it's more organized now so they can avoid any long-lasting moments with awkward fans. ;)

976-EVIL

Thanks Charissa, once again you prove your awesomeness (is that a word?)

I will see the boys again in NC next week. Will not do the VIP thing again this time, after last year's experience I just don't think anything could top that. Glad I git my Axe signed last year cause it looks like that would not happen this time.

Glad to hear it went well for ya!!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

thisplaceisdeath

We saw them on 9/28/10 in Atlanta with Alice In Chains and Mastodon. We didn't have the VIP tickets then, but had front row..it was amazing. I was hoping to get a lot of pictures at the Meet and Greet  :-[ oh well. Maybe I'll be lucky at a future concert and get to do that. Thanks for your  review guys! Deftones have been my favorite band for 14 years now and this is my first opportunity to actually meet them so I'm sure regardless of how short the time is it will be well worth it!

chaka.chaka

Bull. I went to the meet and greet for AiC when they played at THE SAME VENUE with Deftones and Mastodon. We were able to get 2 things signed by the guys. Thanks for the heads up. I'll let you all know how it goes.

kurtone

anyone else get an autographed set list in the mail?

BillyNo.9

illthrowROCKS@U

I think out of all of them Steph is the fucking coolest.  Every picture he's always wearing this ridiculous shit eating grin and he's chill as all hell.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

jbmp1390

Damn dude that sucks. I went through a similar VIP thing a few years ago when they were on Family Values ( I know, I know), however my experience was a lot closer to what 976-Evil said. Even though it was a planned thing with a few more guidelines, the guys were really just cool, letting everyone take pics and doing their best to really give each person some individual time.  Unfortunately I didn't speak to them as long as I would have liked too, but that was more because of my own self consciousness. It was the first time I saw them, and I was very young and starstruck haha

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?