Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

videos in background of tour

Started by ennayeroc, May 11, 2011, 01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ennayeroc

I just went to the Boston show on 5/9 and I've been wondering what the videos were that were playing on the screen behind them the whole time and if they are able to be found anywhere?

kurtone

heres the knife prty video
http://youtu.be/rfHmX61CY0c

looks like they used this one for Change in philly
http://youtu.be/V8Ca_edg6RE

cherry waves
http://youtu.be/LPyPEraG74c

Greengerg

Quote from: ennayeroc on May 11, 2011, 01:43 PM
I just went to the Boston show on 5/9 and I've been wondering what the videos were that were playing on the screen behind them the whole time and if they are able to be found anywhere?

I went last night and my girlfriend almost screamed when she saw that video clips from her favorite movie were playing behind them for "Cherry Waves."
It is a surreal Czech film from 1970 called "Valerie and her Week of Wonders."
VALERIE & HER WEEK OF WONDERS Trailer

rufas

kurtone

Quote from: rufas on May 15, 2011, 12:10 AM
Quote from: kurtone on May 11, 2011, 05:22 PM
heres the knife prty video
http://youtu.be/rfHmX61CY0c

that's fucked up yo!

Thanks for the links.

haha i was mesmerized by that video in Denver, i couldnt take my eyes away

luisch

damn man, thanks a lot for the videos info
amazing!
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

delorean

Quote from: Greengerg on May 14, 2011, 09:30 PM

I went last night and my girlfriend almost screamed when she saw that video clips from her favorite movie were playing behind them for "Cherry Waves."
It is a surreal Czech film from 1970 called "Valerie and her Week of Wonders."
VALERIE & HER WEEK OF WONDERS Trailer

ahh thank you for that... they've been playing this during "Beauty School". I was wondering what it was. Need to watch more Czech New Wave films.

Deftones - Beauty School live NYC 5/14/11

chaka.chaka

Thanks for the links. Had no idea where these came from! Trippy!

BillyNo.9

I really hate the fact that they're using videos in the background. It makes the songs less open to interpenetration.  I want those days where Chi was the visual aspect of the show back, but hey, just another great thing I missed out on. The more I think about it the more I hate this era.

chaka.chaka

Ive seen them a few times, 8 times (that I can remember), and they had never NEVER used visuals. They along with some of their choices on light sets gave the show a different vibe, and made it a different experience. It felt more "spiritual" or whatever you want to call it. It was different..

Menos el Oso

They have used visuals before during their 2007 SNW tour, but it wasn't from a projector.  The images were formed from a bunch of lights. Personally, I think it's pretty cool that they use visualizations to their songs.

deftones - knife party live @ roseland ballroom nyc 06/09/07

sing blue silver

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jun 17, 2011, 07:27 PM
I really hate the fact that they're using videos in the background. It makes the songs less open to interpenetration.  I want those days where Chi was the visual aspect of the show back, but hey, just another great thing I missed out on. The more I think about it the more I hate this era.

i actually really like the background videos. it's good that they don't use them for every song like tool does but deftones are a much more active band live than tool are. also i don't think it limits personal interpretation because the videos are so vague. it's just some neat images that match the mood of the song, they're not literal in any sense. it just makes setting the mood of the song a bit more effective. the video during cherry waves was one of my favorite moments of seeing them in may.

chaka.chaka

Quote from: Menos el Oso on Jun 17, 2011, 11:28 PM
They have used visuals before during their 2007 SNW tour, but it wasn't from a projector.  The images were formed from a bunch of lights. Personally, I think it's pretty cool that they use visualizations to their songs.

deftones - knife party live @ roseland ballroom nyc 06/09/07
Ok, technically you're right, but from up front, all you can see are random lights flashing, so I never saw the visuals like this time around. Way different.

BillyNo.9

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jun 18, 2011, 12:09 PM
Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jun 17, 2011, 07:27 PM

i actually really like the background videos. it's good that they don't use them for every song like tool does but deftones are a much more active band live than tool are. also i don't think it limits personal interpretation because the videos are so vague. it's just some neat images that match the mood of the song, they're not literal in any sense. it just makes setting the mood of the song a bit more effective. the video during cherry waves was one of my favorite moments of seeing them in may.

I'd still prefer to have my head completely open to interpenetration rather than have images lead my emotion. The vibe of the old shows is gone and most likely will never come back. I just don't like how they're trying to be so artsy live. I can understand why they think it's cool to add that video to Cherry Waves however the video might change your perception of a song and make you like it less (or more in your case?) . But whatever my opinion on the matter

I fucking hate that giant LED panel too.

luisch

someone know something about this background vid? I've really appreciated for some info

deftones-lollapalooza 2011-sextape (hq)

There Will Be Blood

Just looks like a  video they made for the tour.

luisch

Quote from: gunsrazorsknives on Oct 05, 2011, 03:25 AM
Just looks like a  video they made for the tour.

I've thinkin' maybe was a movie w/ effects or something, thanks

nicklav

Anyone know about the one used for Minerva? Some sort of rocket taking off. I've searched and search for the exact one with no luck.

Tavo805

sleepyface

Any idea who produced this, um, production?