Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One_Weak

Quote from: Penicks on Jun 20, 2011, 08:04 PM
i gife u a exlapnation n u act liek a ashol wel fuk u then fucker

I owe u an apology, Penicks. U are officially The Man. Thank u
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

One_Weak

My interpretation was the 'parody' of "no pain no gain" or the necessity of being hurt in order to feel love. Then again that is kinda banal  :P
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

from_musings

Quote from: One_Weak on Jun 20, 2011, 06:46 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Jun 20, 2011, 04:34 PM
Quote from: One_Weak on Jun 20, 2011, 04:23 PM
I don't know why my questions are criticized when they're so simply put. Im new to this forum, and this band, and see nothing wrong with my threads.

perhaps they're too simple and banal? every thought or question about the deftones can't be a new topic.that's why the bullshit thread was created.
are you crazy breed?

So now that my topic/question is IN this thread, its still being criticized and not discussed.

no that critique came before it was put in the b.s thread. i don't mind trivial stuff at all, just not as new topics everytime

One_Weak

I see that now, I wasn't catching on before :-\

ponyx

One_Weak

My 2nd fav band is korn and I do like some of Limp Bizkit's stuff (1 more day for Gold Cobra), then Deftones, fuck yeah I'd go. For me closest would be D.C. or Baltimore though if they toured in this area

BillyNo.9

No way are deftones gonna go along with that

One_Weak

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jun 22, 2011, 12:41 AM

Why wouldn't they? Because of the other bands?

sing blue silver

Quote from: One_Weak on Jun 22, 2011, 12:47 AM

because they spent all that time pushing themselves away from that whole scene and to do a whole tour based solely around that niche of the nu metal, rap metal, whatever the fuck you want to call it, would be counter productive to what they spent the last 10 years doing. also because korn and limp bizkit suck turds.

BillyNo.9

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jun 22, 2011, 01:20 AM
because they spent all that time pushing themselves away from that whole scene and to do a whole tour based solely around that niche of the nu metal, rap metal, whatever the fuck you want to call it, would be counter productive to what they spent the last 10 years doing. also because korn and limp bizkit suck turds.

Exactly that One weak. Although I do kinda like new limp bizkit stuff for the music alone. No denying that Wes is a great guitarist

One_Weak

Quote from: One_Weak on Jun 22, 2011, 12:47 AM

::) to each his own in regards to your last statement, nonetheless, I do agree about the first bit. my question was a bit rhetorical, I couldn't think of any other reason. personally being a Korn fan (or used to, before this dubstep shit) and liking a couple LB albums, I'd love to go see them play...if not just for the 'Tones  ;D

One_Weak

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jun 22, 2011, 01:32 AM

Exactly that One weak. Although I do kinda like new limp bizkit stuff for the music alone. No denying that Wes is a great guitarist

yeah I agree, he is, and they do have some really sick music (instrumentally). or at least they can

100Modem

Quote from: One_Weak on Jun 22, 2011, 12:17 AM
My 2nd fav band is korn and I do like some of Limp Bizkit's stuff (1 more day for Gold Cobra), then Deftones, fuck yeah I'd go. For me closest would be D.C. or Baltimore though if they toured in this area

Gold Cobra is already "out".

One_Weak

BillyNo.9

One_Weak

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jun 22, 2011, 03:12 AM
Internet?

lol yeah, I know. I DL most music I get but some albums I buy hard copies, for easier use in my car and just to have. especially if I'm a big fan of a band or want to support them that way. not necessarily the case with LB, but I don't mind. It''s only ten bucks

100Modem

Quote from: One_Weak on Jun 22, 2011, 03:28 AM
Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jun 22, 2011, 03:12 AM
Internet?

lol yeah, I know. I DL most music I get but some albums I buy hard copies, for easier use in my car and just to have. especially if I'm a big fan of a band or want to support them that way. not necessarily the case with LB, but I don't mind. It''s only ten bucks

I agree, but sometimes burning a cd is the best option. Some bands, like LB, have a thing to put "weird/annoying" interludes in their album that... are really annoying between songs, and i really dont want to hear them. Sure you can skip, but you must always then.
So usually editing the songs removing those parts and burn to cd is the way to go to me. But this doesn't mean you shouldn't buy cd's of bands you like. You can still buy the cd anyway of course.
Im just saying this because you gave me the car example.

One_Weak

100Modem, I feel you on that aspect. Even though I bought ATF, I eventually burned a CD of my current Deftones faves for car usage. therein I edited MX to cut out that huge gap and had both songs (w/ Damone) separate. we'll see with Gold Cobra; I already listened to the S/T track and it was alright. I don't have a lot of faith in it but nor am I deterred.

I don't mind the 1-week anticipation  8)

BillyNo.9

I actually meant buy it off the internet. Weird how I'm promoting the band. Whatever...

icery

pushing themselves away from that scene?  look at the bill of summer sanitarium 2003 and that was still after self titled was released