Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jul 12, 2011, 01:27 AM
I'd wear a shit shirt from sharing lungs.

seconded. we should actually get on that.

Vesanic

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 12, 2011, 01:40 AM

That idea has been in my mind for years now.

sing blue silver

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 12, 2011, 02:14 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 12, 2011, 01:40 AM

That idea has been in my mind for years now.

well we should make a thread where people can pitch their design ideas (robo buzzsaw anybody?) and we vote on them. only thing is manufacturing and shipping or whatever might be a bitch. i'd buy one most definitely though.

Oldnewtype

yeah I'd buy one. Proceeds should go to chi but im sure nuno could use some extra money for this place too.

BillyNo.9

Maybe there should be a rule that only Stock owners could buy them, so you'd have to donate to the site before being able to buy one in order to raise money for Chi?

Oldnewtype

depends on how much the shirts were, donating then paying for a shirt sounds lame. Now a free shirt for donating $X would be a cool idea.

BillyNo.9

True it's all on Nuno really.  Donating is still a good idea though

Oldnewtype

Fuck I need cash anyway, I'm just gonna steal the forum logo and get you all to buy my sharing lungs shirts.

from_musings

i want the member induchinolove's picture where he's taking a crap as back print. BIG backprint. of course you can charge extra for this

defsteve

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 24, 2011, 01:41 AM
If I'm correct, I think Chino said somewhen that they accepted this only for money, that these bands wouldn't exist without the Deftones and that he hated how, despite that, they where headlining instead of them.

Revolver Magazine interview in 2003.

DEFTONES SLAMS METALLICA
Deftones frontman Chino Moreno spoke to Revolver magazine about the group's stint on the upcoming Summer Sanitarium trek. "A big problem for me was opening for Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, two bands that wouldn't exist if it weren't for me, straight up!" the singer is quoted as saying in the magazine's August 2003 issue. "But in the end I'm seriously energized and I'm not going out there to make friends and kick it."
Regarding the tour's headliners, Moreno said, "Metallica have a vast catalog. But live? Mother****ers just stand there and play. We're gonna rock out their ****. We're gonna blow that mother****er up."

In the same interview, Chino talked about Deftones' lyrical approach and took an opportunity to slam Korn frontman Jonathan Davis, saying that "As [KORN] go on, it's the same things — bad childhoods and mean moms. It gets old after awhile. How old is Jonathan? Thirty years old? How long has it been since he lived with his parents? Try to go somewhere else. If you're genuine and write about whatever is drawing the emotion now, you can't be ****ed with."
Source: blabbermouth.net

DEFTONES Singer Slams LINKIN PARK, LIMP BIZKIT, METALLICA And KORN - May 29, 2003 

DEFTONES frontman Chino Moreno spoke to Revolver magazine about the group's stint on the upcoming Summer Sanitarium trek. "A big problem for me was opening for LIMP BIZKIT and LINKIN PARK, two bands that wouldn't exist if it weren't for me, straight up!" the singer is quoted as saying in the magazine's August 2003 issue. "But in the end I'm seriously energized and I'm not going out there to make friends and kick it. I'm out there to leave people with their jaws on the floor. And I know we can do it. I know we're the best live band on the tour." Asked if that includes the tour's headliners, Moreno said, "Hell yeah. METALLICA have a vast catalog. But live? Motherfuckers just stand there and play. We're gonna rock out their shit. We're gonna blow that motherfucker up."

In the same interview, Chino talked about wanting to distance himself from a lot of the bands that the DEFTONES were being lumped in with and offered an opinion on why the lackluster sales of such releases as KORN's "Untouchables" and PAPA ROACH's "Lovehatetragedy" shouldn't be a barometer of how many units DEFTONES will shift.

"Those records weren't good — it's that simple," he said. "As far back as when we were making 'Around The Fur', I remember already being sickened by what was going on with the bands we were grouped with. But if you make good songs, it doesn't matter what style it is — if it's good and heartfelt, it will sell."

"Honestly, I don't think KORN made a good record. And PAPA ROACH made a boring record. With KORN, it sounds like they tried to be more commercial and they lost their energy. Old KORN records had so much intensity. As they go on, it's the same thing — bad childhoods and mean moms. It gets old after awhile. How old is Jonathan? Thirty years old? How long has it been since he lived with his parents? Try to go somewhere else. If you're genuine and write about whatever is drawing the emotion now, you can't be fucked with." 

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=12363
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

the same sound

Quote from: defsteve on Jul 13, 2011, 02:00 AM
If I'm correct, I think Chino said somewhen that they accepted this only for money, that these bands wouldn't exist without the Deftones and that he hated how, despite that, they where headlining instead of them.

Revolver Magazine interview in 2003......

I love him.

BillyNo.9

I love how gangsta he used to be...

the same sound

iceache

Quote from: the same sound on Jul 13, 2011, 02:24 AM
Quote from: defsteve on Jul 13, 2011, 02:00 AM

Revolver Magazine interview in 2003......

I love him.

LOL, I love the lie about how Metallica just stand there and play.

defsteve

Quote from: ponyx on Jun 21, 2011, 11:58 PM
http://www.rocbloc.com/2011/06/21/fred-durst-wants-tour-with-korn-deftones/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=therocbloc

Hmm I'd go since my best friend's favorite band is korn and me of course the tones.
Would you?

Limp Bizkit apparently announced at Sonisphere that they would be back to the UK in November to play the 02 Arena in London. No way they could headline that on their own. However........
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

One_Weak

Quote from: TheSeeker1080 on Jul 11, 2011, 07:27 PM
Quote from: One_Weak on Jul 11, 2011, 06:52 AM
Quote from: TheSeeker1080 on Jul 10, 2011, 12:19 PM
It's supposed to be "CUT IT HARD"

really? huh...yeah I can hear that...know any meaning to it though?

Not sure, I can only venture a guess. At that part in the song there is kind of a low point, it's after he is screaming WHY, DID (or WIPE, HATE) [not 100% on this either] then he goes "last one" and you can pretty much only hear the bass line and the last guitar chord fading out before he screams "CUT IT HARD" and immediately after that you hear some heavy guitar. So to me the "CUT IT HARD" is like when you are driving and you cut the wheel hard to make a sharp turn, the song makes a "sharp turn" from that low point with only fading guitar chord and bass line back into heavy guitar gain / riff. I don't know that is probably a poor reason / meaning but that is what came to my mind.

Does this song have anything to do with the rap song that has a line "Engine Engine number 9, on the new york transit line, if my train goes off the track, pick it up, pick it up, pick it up." I'm pretty sure the rap song came first it was early 90s and adrenaline album is from '95.

I hadn't thought about that, Seeker! that actually does make sense....I know it's only  guess but the "cut it hard" bit you explained does sound logical. thanks folr the re-ply
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

snappypappy

does anyone have a pic of chinos forearm tattoo of the skull? Like an actual drawing of it?

lostpilot

stunt-r

stunt-r

Off of the "My own summer" video of course. Does anyone have an image of this, or can someone get me a still image of the pig with the tiara and goggles? It doesn't show clear but a couple times up close in the video. Or if there is an artist here that wants to sketch this for me, I'd be extremely appreciative.

My reason being is I have wanted this tattoo for about 2 years, but I can't find this image anywhere. It may be a long shot and I may not get a single reply, but I figured if anywhere, this place could help me.

Also, what the hell does that mean? I have just wanted to get it for so long because that's the song that sucked me into the Deftones craze, and I figured it would be funny to put the pig with the tiara, and the shark sneakin up in the background.

Thanks guys.