Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One_Weak

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Sep 07, 2011, 09:50 PM
Nah man, wasn't in the movie. A lot of bands have songs featured on soundtracks and shit but do not appear in the actual movie. I think the only soundtrack where everysong on it is used is Queen of the Damned ( lol at the film ). My guess is Mavrick and Warner Bro's had a deal going on or something?

okay, good, so I'm not crazy. lol (at the movie too)

at least Engine No. 9 was featured in Law Abiding Citizen
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

BillyNo.9

The fuck :O I need to see LAC asap.

Gerard Butler damn! How did I miss this

TheSeeker1080

Quote from: One_Weak on Sep 07, 2011, 09:07 PM
here's a random fairly trivial question..

"My Own Summer" is featured on the Matrix soundtrack.......but I've seen the movie, and don't remember hearing any of it at all throughout....so did I miss the scene, did they play just a tinge of it, or what? and it's not in the ending credits. so I figured either a deleted scene or I missed it; anyone know which scene they feature the song in? thanks

nope they had Rage Against the Machine - Wake up at the end of The Matrix though

One_Weak

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Sep 07, 2011, 10:25 PM
The fuck :O I need to see LAC asap.

Gerard Butler damn! How did I miss this

haha yeah. I saw LAC once in the theater, thought it was alright. then not too long ago found out #9 was in a scene, so I re-watched it 'just for that.' second viewing bettered my opinion on the movie, but the #9 scene is pretty good, lol
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

100Modem

The most talented drummer is Lars Ulrich.

But yes, Abe is really a hell of drummer.

Deftones-argentina

I don't think he's underrated, but underappreciated. He is a big reason on why I got into deftones, I still remember the first time I heard Knife prty, felt otherwordly with that way of doing something so intrincate, yet so emotive. God, I fucking love that dude

deftones86

Not really. But I was thinking what would happen if either Stef or Chino would have been in that car wreck? To me I dont think the band could go on if either one couldnt do it anymore. If Stef was gone Deftones would become Team Sleep.  And if Chino was gone, well Chinos vocals are a pretty important part of the band, pretty irreplaceable. And Stef would just be making Meshuggah Techno Metal. Thoughts?

deftones86

Abe is the drummer and he is amazing.

Penicks

chino's the most important part of deftones imo

Starz

I hope they release a new album soon so threads like this will stop.

from_musings

if chino or steph would quit the band,no matter what reason, I think deftones would stop as a band that same second.they are the two key figures.
when steph said they almost kicked chino out of the band during the making of snw, he said "we wanted to kick him,but that would've been the end to this so..". chino's voice is too important in the deftones sound, and someone else singing like him would go wrong too. if steph should quit,everything would've stop too, i mean his like the founder of the band and the engine when it comes to making the riffs. in theory they could bring in another metal guitarist who could do some chugga chugga riffs that chino could sing over just to maintain the dynamics, but that also would've sound wrong when it's stephen's riffs along with chino's vocals, that mix, that are the most important part of the magic within deftones music i think. just chino singing to anyones heavy guitar isn't enough. i would hate if they continued without any of them

Jacob

being a drummer myself, I can honestly say listening to Abe has taught me more than anything else. I learned so much by playing along to Deftones songs, not only technically but style-wise as well. especially his hi-hat work is something I've taken to heart. Digital Bath, Passenger and Knife Party are in my opinion the songs where he really shines. can't really think of any other band, except for Tool, where the drumming is such a defining part of the music.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

976-EVIL

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 08, 2011, 09:39 AM
if chino or steph would quit the band,no matter what reason, I think deftones would stop as a band that same second.they are the two key figures.
when steph said they almost kicked chino out of the band during the making of snw, he said "we wanted to kick him,but that would've been the end to this so..". chino's voice is too important in the deftones sound, and someone else singing like him would go wrong too. if steph should quit,everything would've stop too, i mean his like the founder of the band and the engine when it comes to making the riffs. in theory they could bring in another metal guitarist who could do some chugga chugga riffs that chino could sing over just to maintain the dynamics, but that also would've sound wrong when it's stephen's riffs along with chino's vocals, that mix, that are the most important part of the magic within deftones music i think. just chino singing to anyones heavy guitar isn't enough. i would hate if they continued without any of them

Very well said.......I could not agree more....
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

mono

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Sep 08, 2011, 02:42 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Sep 08, 2011, 09:39 AM

Very well said.......I could not agree more....

True, stef and chino are the pillars of the sound of the band. Also, most of the chino´s pojects are team-sleepish.

Well, anyway i hope nothing happens

Inkblades

What is the point of this train of thought, exactly? It's not very constructive. Furthermore, you are doing a great disservice to Chi, not just as a musician but also as A HUMAN LIFE, by posing this hypothetical.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Jacob on Sep 08, 2011, 12:52 PM
being a drummer myself, I can honestly say listening to Abe has taught me more than anything else. I learned so much by playing along to Deftones songs, not only technically but style-wise as well. especially his hi-hat work is something I've taken to heart. Digital Bath, Passenger and Knife Party are in my opinion the songs where he really shines. can't really think of any other band, except for Tool, where the drumming is such a defining part of the music.

i agree. i play, too. and really all i play is deftones, it's just so good and fun... gonna play now as a matter of fact
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

976-EVIL

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 08, 2011, 04:15 PM
What is the point of this train of thought, exactly? It's not very constructive. Furthermore, you are doing a great disservice to Chi, not just as a musician but also as A HUMAN LIFE, by posing this hypothetical.

I see you working Inkblades and you are right.

I think the question is obviously Chi is down for now and the band chose to continue with Sergio. If Steph or Chino were in the same spot would the band continue as well? I am sure no one on this site would ever downplay Chi's situation or value with Deftones or more importantly as an incredible human.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

wheresmysnare

wheresmysnare

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Sep 08, 2011, 06:15 PM
Deftones - Beauty School (Official Music Video)

hmm beauty school 'official' video - ??

ok calling bs on this, glad i put in the bs thread - it is however some interesting live and backstage footage on a nice camera

deftones86

People get fuckin butt hurt too much on here. I dont mean any disrespect to Chi. I just wanted to throw out a hypothetical.