Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

Quote from: benzo on Oct 07, 2011, 05:18 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Oct 07, 2011, 02:34 PM
haha yeah it would be fucked up if a "34 post noob" got the box for free. almost never active, but now fantasizeing up a memory about child birth, death to someone close etc and grabbing it infront of someone active's face - a long time member who wrote something legit.

should've been 500 posts within last year as a minium or something ^^

i've never seen somebody so bitter on a board before lol.  why are you so mad that i saw them back in the day at a killer show?  because i don't post my life away here???  wow.

i'm definitely not mad because you saw a killer show.in fact, i'm glad you had a good time. secondly i'm not mad at all, i don't even know who you are.

edit: ok, so you were close to the number 34 which i used in my example. that's was just a number i picked out of nowhere. just coincidence

benzo

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 07, 2011, 05:24 PM
Quote from: benzo on Oct 07, 2011, 05:18 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Oct 07, 2011, 02:34 PM
haha yeah it would be fucked up if a "34 post noob" got the box for free. almost never active, but now fantasizeing up a memory about child birth, death to someone close etc and grabbing it infront of someone active's face - a long time member who wrote something legit.

should've been 500 posts within last year as a minium or something ^^

i've never seen somebody so bitter on a board before lol.  why are you so mad that i saw them back in the day at a killer show?  because i don't post my life away here???  wow.

i'm definitely not mad because you saw a killer show.in fact, i'm glad you had a good time. secondly i'm not mad at all, i don't even know who you are.

edit: ok, so you were close to the number 34 which i used in my example. that's was just a number i picked out of nowhere. just coincidence

that's cool man, i thought you were digging at me.  actually, posting that and getting that PM put a smile on my face.  it was a long time ago and it brought back great memories.  peace.

from_musings

benzo

this one that i mentioned when i edited my post...

frankiefireal
Be nice, I come in peace

HOLY SHIT
« Sent to: benzo on: Oct 06, 2011, 09:15 PM »

« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »

QuoteReplyRemove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was there at Deep Ellum live man ... Chino jumped well did a flip of a speaker and crowed surfed to the front door and took off running ... best deftone concert ever .. i seen them around 42 times and that still tops them all

BillyNo.9

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 07, 2011, 12:24 PM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Oct 07, 2011, 04:01 AM
I think it's hilarious to see ppl come outta the woodwork from nowhere on the contest page..... didn't recognize any contestants. Who has the best imagination? lol

haha exactly. i'm thinking about hiring a scriptwriter for this.
i also thought, take billy for instance, he's thinking of buying the box. but now he maybe starts thinking "hey, what if i just win the damn thing instead?" that means he keeps his money put the whole buying thing on hold. and as time goes by and he doesn't win it, maybe the idea of getting the box died out a bit. sure it's a fun thing, but it could affect sales here in a really small way ^

Bought it the instant I saw it was available actually. I wanted to be sure to get one, and I'm not into telling heart warming stories.

from_musings

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Oct 07, 2011, 06:01 PM
Bought it the instant I saw it was available actually.
that's a good lad

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Oct 07, 2011, 06:01 PM
I wanted to be sure to get one, and I'm not into telling heart warming stories.
haha me neither. i just used you as an example,i hope you don't mind ^

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I'm pretty sure nobody is bitter or mad here, it reall is funny though! ;D A little awkward actually. "My Gramma bought me my first deftones cd, she's passed on now". Shit like that is gonna happen, :D
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

BillyNo.9

I don't mind, just don't assume I'm gonna act as desperate as some of the people entering the contest. I've only been listening to them for 3-4 years so I don't have any particularly great memories, most of my friends have shitty taste in music and my girlfriend is at a Rihanna concert right now so I have no one to share the music with except you guys.

from_musings

you mean pony 1? the "please give me the box!!" dude`?  i didn't read his stuff,too long, but i would guess it was about him liking the deftones, doing everything in his power to meet them which, according to the pictures,he did.getting a lot of stuff signed and what not. if i was the judge i would think
"nah that dude already has gotten so much, better give the box to someone else"

from_musings

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Oct 07, 2011, 06:15 PM
I'm pretty sure nobody is bitter or mad here, it reall is funny though! ;D A little awkward actually. "My Gramma bought me my first deftones cd, she's passed on now". Shit like that is gonna happen, :D

haha yeah. i bet someone is writing on something huge as we speak. something that will be posted the last day so noone can top it  :)

pony_01

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 07, 2011, 06:31 PM
you mean pony 1? the "please give me the box!!" dude`?  i didn't read his stuff,too long, but i would guess it was about him liking the deftones, doing everything in his power to meet them which, according to the pictures,he did.getting a lot of stuff signed and what not. if i was the judge i would think
"nah that dude already has gotten so much, better give the box to someone else"

aww come on im just a little poor guy that lived in poor country that cant afford to buy a fancy vinyl collection box from my favorite band. I'm just trying my luck here ;) I just really can't bought those $200 collector stuff.
and by the way, the deck just only about $20 and i made it myself, and thats the only thing that get signed by the band.

pony_01

by the way, am i a noob here? :D

Oldnewtype

Oldnewtype

And am I the only one who thinks its weird that more than half of these peoples memories are all tied to Headup?

from_musings

Quote from: pony_01 on Oct 07, 2011, 07:11 PM
aww come on im just a little poor guy that lived in poor country that cant afford to buy a fancy vinyl collection box from my favorite band. I'm just trying my luck here ;) I just really can't bought those $200 collector stuff.
and by the way, the deck just only about $20 and i made it myself, and thats the only thing that get signed by the band.

don't worry, i'm not a judge nor do i pick winners, my opinion doesn't mean shit. just some guy posting bullshit in a bullshit thread that's all. that being said,i personally don't get this "i've met them, i've got shit signed, i saw them x times,i've got all records made - therefore, i should get this one too". i think the "i loved deftones all my life but never got to see them bubu" approach would work better. don't we all love the underdogs?.

but don't worry, you're not worst. this guy smugartwork just rolled in the contest thread and basically said "ok, i get the rules, it's about 1 memory - a story blabla - but i don't give a shit about no memory or rule - dig this:"

and then he posts a list of how many shows he's been to, all the things he bought, all the time he spent on the net,the times he met them etc etc

basically saying "i have everything but not this box, give it to me. i dedictaed my life to this, please overlook the idea of the competition for me.and oh yeah i know nuno"   man it was like pissing on those who tried to come up with a warm story, just walked all over everyone.  however good luck to all of you

pony_01

well if the band never do a gig in Jakarta, maybe i'll post some other story and i'll be the underdog one :D

pony_01

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Oct 07, 2011, 08:23 PM
You all are noobs here.

If the Organ Donator said so, I'm agree

ponyx

I'd LOVE to win but my story wouldn't stand a chance next to all those, actually I don't even have a story ha...the only thing i'm proud of is discovering deftones' music by myself (a little too late) and meeting them.
I'm a reaaally BIG fan but only since last year, someone else deserves it

:'(  damn..

TheShade1989

I think I'm literally the only person on this forum that doesnt have any vinyls. Is it just like a collector thing for you guys? Since you already have the CDs I mean.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Oct 08, 2011, 05:11 AM
I think I'm literally the only person on this forum that doesnt have any vinyls. Is it just like a collector thing for you guys? Since you already have the CDs I mean.
I think so, most of us anyways.... the music is no different. I dont listen to them on vinyl when I have CDs and Ipods. But since I only need 1 more studio vinyl I'm not buying the set.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!